SFO : Street Fighter Online

SFO : Street Fighter Online (http://forums.streetfighteronline.com/index.php)
-   Banners, Avatars and Images (http://forums.streetfighteronline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   [VOTM 11: SFO 10th Anniversary Video Contest] (http://forums.streetfighteronline.com/showthread.php?t=27906)

TitaniumFist 07-01-2011 04:46 AM

[VOTM 11: SFO 10th Anniversary Video Contest]

Has it really been 10 years? Almost.

In honor of SFO's ten year anniversary, we will be holding a special SFOCinema video contest to produce as many tribute videos as members are willing to create**.

Rules:
  • **Users may create a maximum of three videos and enter them all in the competition.
  • Keep it positive, but feel free to give your unique take on SFO
  • Video production may begin as of today (July 1st, 2011)
  • No videos may be uploaded to the web or shared for public viewing before July 31st, 2011
  • Uploads of contest videos may begin on July 31, 2011
  • The contest officially closes to entries as of August 7th, 2011 (meaning last minute uploads only count on the 7th)
  • Voting will take place for one to two weeks after the anniversary
  • Prizes? Rest assured, there will be something special for the top videos, but do your best, have fun, and celebrate a game you love!
This thread will serve as a discussion post until July 31st, then it will become the submission thread. All non-essential posts after that date will be delted.

JetLiem 07-01-2011 04:50 AM

should be fun :)

ItachiForever 07-01-2011 05:01 AM

yea it should be. im lookin forward to this.

x~Silver~x 07-01-2011 05:16 AM

i already got 1 video in mind =D

xfaderx 07-01-2011 05:51 AM

omg omg omg!

I gotta do some speed learning of Sony Vegas!
I will definitely be putting an entry in this.

LuXv 07-01-2011 06:48 AM

^ Same here, Im down. Only thing I regret is not finding SFO earlier so i would have more to talk about =)

blacksuperman 07-01-2011 11:52 AM

Everytime I check the forums there some video event or challenge lol

ill do one for old times sake

SSJKarma 07-01-2011 02:33 PM

Count me in, though just one video should be fine by me.

DARK-RAIKEN-X 07-01-2011 03:08 PM

same here

DanteP 07-01-2011 03:34 PM

I'm bringing back my old time video partner for this =]

DARK-RAIKEN-X 07-01-2011 04:24 PM

refering to me @ dante lmao

DanteP 07-01-2011 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DARK-RAIKEN-X (Post 707037)
refering to me @ dante lmao

No, I"m refering to possibly the best Video Maker in SFO's history......none other than

Micro_SMG aka ~Dell~

(Hado)-(King) 07-01-2011 05:09 PM

^pwnd

Bump:

DARK-RAIKEN-X 07-01-2011 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanteP (Post 707038)
No, I"m refering to possibly the best Video Maker in SFO's history......none other than

Micro_SMG aka ~Dell~

oh for sizzle, micro_SMG is back since when ?:nervous::down:

xfaderx 07-02-2011 12:45 AM

well i just messed around with Sony Vegas this morning... and man, its much easier than I thought it'd be... look out folks, i'll be making an uber-sexy vid in no time at all!

TitaniumFist 07-02-2011 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanteP (Post 707036)
I'm bringing back my old time video partner for this =]

Unsure how your partnership works with Dell, but all participants must be the sole producer of their video. IE: Yes, you can have other members fight in-game to accumulate footage, but that is the only capacity another member is allowed to assist you in. All video editing and production must be the work of one individual.

It's the same concept that applies to any GFX contest, unless exceptions for collabs are stated in the contest rules. In this case, collabs are prohibited.

As long as the above is understood, partner away. :)

DanteP 07-02-2011 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TitaniumFist (Post 707073)
Unsure how your partnership works with Dell, but all participants must be the sole producer of their video. IE: Yes, you can have other members fight in-game to accumulate footage, but that is the only capacity another member is allowed to assist you in. All video editing and production must be the work of one individual.

It's the same concept that applies to any GFX contest, unless exceptions for collabs are stated in the contest rules. In this case, collabs are prohibited.

As long as the above is understood, partner away. :)

That's how we work.

He's the sole director/producer

I'm the main actor

But hopefully us working like that won't effect prizes if we win >_>

flamesz 07-02-2011 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanteP (Post 707095)
That's how we work.

I'm the main actor

bro not to bug you or anything but base on what t-fist said it means that you must do you own editing so it can count if dell does your editing it will not count as your entry because it all dell creativity and you didn't input any of your own
in short = NO you have to make your own video

SSJKarma 07-02-2011 10:21 AM

Definition of making your own video...

you edit the video files, add sounds, produce the video, encode it on your own...
fighting and then giving the work to someone else is not the way to go here !

ChazyFresh 07-03-2011 11:27 AM

BAM! Yall are cooked! Might win an Emmy for this ish!

xfaderx 07-04-2011 07:40 AM

i must have done something wrong... finished my first vid, its 3min30sec long... except its 772 MB in size! I better work out how to reduce the file size of the video. Must be some setting in Vegas I haven't worked out yet.

TitaniumFist 07-07-2011 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanteP (Post 707095)
That's how we work.

I'm the main actor

The only person eligible for prizes is the director/producer, in your case, Dell.

If players were to be awarded prizes for being in videos (like actors) every single player that appears in a video could lay claim to the winning prize.

Quote:

Originally Posted by xfaderx (Post 707182)
i must have done something wrong... finished my first vid, its 3min30sec long... except its 772 MB in size! I better work out how to reduce the file size of the video. Must be some setting in Vegas I haven't worked out yet.

I've never used Vegas before this week (but I have used AcidPro - another Sony program, and found the system identical in ways), but it could have to do with the format you rendered the video as, and of course, depends on what events and effects you put in the video.

xfaderx 07-08-2011 12:01 AM

i've got it down to a YouTube friendly 20mb now =) all good

Micro_SMG 07-15-2011 05:36 AM

Dante you used to make videos, stop being lazy and enter the contest as your own producer. =)

I'll try to meet the deadline but its been awhile since I just sat down and took my time recording and editing SFO fights. Its gonna be a challenge for me because im even more outgoing now that im in Okinawa.

Zpower 07-15-2011 07:24 AM

I'm in.

Let's rock. :D