SFO : Street Fighter Online

SFO : Street Fighter Online (http://forums.streetfighteronline.com/index.php)
-   General Comments & Strategies (http://forums.streetfighteronline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   [ 2017 - THE DREAM CONTINUES - SFO 2.0 ] (http://forums.streetfighteronline.com/showthread.php?t=36226)

TMyApp 03-20-2017 01:27 AM

[ 2017 - THE DREAM CONTINUES - SFO 2.0 ]

On March 13th, 2017 we reached a difficult time in our community when the donations for 2017 were at $10 total (instead of the $196 monthly that is need to operate SFO). When all hope was lost, the few, the proud, the TRUE SFO PATRIOTS stepped to save the 16 year old project that is SFO. They are:

(XA)-Veteran, Bahki, Blanka09, Murder-Ink, VipKiller123, Mil_TheAngel, TotalReincarnation, SirNash, ~Sayain~devil, Hasmat, WhiteTigerClaw3, (M-X)Vegeta, (Liger_Zero), KingTarrion, System4, Apples33D, blockattack, _Zom_B_X, (-Ambition-), (~BLADE~), 1-hitta

Combined, these TRUE SFO PATRIOTS have donated a total of: $1,059 to offset SFO's outstanding operation balance of: $588. When so many wanted to give up, these 21 did not! Based on their technical skills, each of these Patriots will have a chance to help create SFO 2.0. Be it with their art, technical, social or programming skills.

As a result of Adobe dropping ALL Shockwave support on March 14th of this year, and ALL major browsers dropping Plugin/Shockwave support, SFO has no choice but to be built as a downlodable only game. The new SFO 2.0 is coming. Polished and Improved. With new network code and a brand new AMAZING website! Once finished, our existing SFO user base of 2.1 MILLION registered accounts will be emailed for the first time EVER. All are NOW un-banned and ALL will be welcomed back to the new era of SFO 2.0.

All this and more is planned for this year: 2017

TotalReincarnation 03-20-2017 01:36 AM

SFO 2.0

It is nice to see that not only has it been decided that SFO will live on but it is getting a whole work over, I think we have the opportunity to re-captivate old players, but also new era players who have never player what will be referred to as the CLASSIC SFO. It has been awesome being able to grow up playing this game.. but now to have the chance to further improve the game. Well this is a dream come true. :)

Lets make dreams continue to come true.

-TotalReincarnation

D.Bahki 03-20-2017 01:36 AM

Cool beans.

Master_Jay 03-20-2017 01:48 AM

I commend those of you who have and who will help in the current and future upkeep of Street Fighter Online; thank you. Glad to hear what could be described as a "nightmare" is finally over. Long live SFO. Once again, thank you for your continued commitment.

Murder-Ink 03-20-2017 02:07 AM

*Look mah I'm finally famous, they love meh, they really really love meh* O_O

Glad i could help out when it was asked of the community, my donation was for me, and all of those users that really wanted to donate towards helping SFO, and just could not afford it, and I would do it all over again (April 20) cheers mate...

P.S what should I do about that 6ft box we had dig for SFO and all, I vote we put blockattack in it, who's with meh..........

ZeroUnlim 03-20-2017 02:41 AM

Glad to help, this community will always remind me of warm memories and my first hadokens. :biggrin:

I don't have much to donate, as far as time goes.

With that being said, as I've always said, I'm open to helping out with front end web designing/developing, as long as the community/staff is not dependent on my production.

I'm experienced with WordPress, and would love to design/develop a new website for SFO at some point.

I would love to help recreate a forum or community platform as well, but it seems TMyApp is looking to do away with these features (heard via in-game chat).

You brainchildren, feel free to PM me if you've manifested any website layouts/concepts/designs. I would definitely have some of my own ideas to add to the pot, could be inspiring!

1-hitta 03-20-2017 04:04 AM

See.. What did I say earlier... :plain: smh..

Americanbadass 03-20-2017 04:28 AM

Can we port this as a mobile iOS / Unity based game? If so message me, I'm willing to help with my team.

EvilAkuma 03-20-2017 04:30 AM

Good luck with SFO. 2.0 <3 <3

D.Bahki 03-20-2017 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Americanbadass (Post 855942)
Can we port this as a mobile iOS / Unity based game? If so message me, I'm willing to help with my team.

It seems possible but how would the game mechanics transfer over?

Americanbadass 03-20-2017 04:58 AM

Have you played SF IV for the iphone?

xfaderx 03-20-2017 05:49 AM

this game's user-base and community never fail to surprise me with their dedication and commitment.

it's great to see the determination to keep the game alive not only from the patriotic saviours who have helped us through this tough time right now, but all those who have donated at any time over the past 16 years.

It's also great to see TMyApp's attitude shift from his first post a week ago, to today's post about SFO 2.0 .
I'll be honest, I really thought this would be it. I always have a little hope in my heart to see the dream of SFO 2.0 become a reality, but I also know first-hand how much people's circumstances can change and how much the real world can affect our hopes and dreams.

I truly look forward to see what becomes of this, now and in the future.

Dreams don't die!

Liger Zero 03-20-2017 07:08 AM

Great Job guys well done on the donations. Had I known earlier I would have helped out. Also any chance I can take you out for some donuts @TMyApp ?

Orlando0 03-20-2017 08:06 AM

Hate to be that guy, but let's not get over our heads just yet. SFO was in the same critical state not too long ago.

If the community isn't more constant in their support, it's just going back to being in danger of shutting down again

You've been able to save it from the brink before, but you can't rely on those last second heroics.

Quote:

Ye- no, NO gods no. Motion controls like those of a fighting game do not transfer well to mobile.

shad0wslayer 03-20-2017 09:21 AM

It's lit

Mil_TheAngel 03-20-2017 12:34 PM

Thanks for the work done to all the technical team and the community, sfo lives for us and we live by sfo. Hugs for all.

Mil_TheAngel

blockattack 03-20-2017 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D.Bahki (Post 855944)
Quote:

It seems possible but how would the game mechanics transfer over?

Need a license from capcom, a $150,000 Tmy mentioned lol.

But like Orlando said, what I saw last night, needs to be constant if SFO will stick around for longer.
Thanks guys.

TotalReincarnation 03-20-2017 01:10 PM

Congratulations to (Liger_Zero), and KingTarrion for making the SFO PATRIOTS list. Welcome aboard it is up to use to make sure that SFO will thrive again. There are a lot of nay sayers on the matter but lets prove them wrong and bring SFO 2.0 in strong.

SFO 2.0 is the true community test!

-TotalReincarnation

TekkenKyo 03-20-2017 02:12 PM

Congrats on hanging on.

Seems surreal that the game is struggling when at one point it had so many active users. I suggest a list of what is needed is made kinda like a resume.. and people can volunteer to help out.

I'll be around. Good luck.

blockattack 03-20-2017 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TekkenKyo (Post 855958)
Congrats on hanging on.

Seems surreal that the game is struggling when at one point it had so many active users. I suggest a list of what is needed is made kinda like a resume.. and people can volunteer to help out.

I'll be around. Good luck.

Everyones coming out the woodworks huh..
Havent seen this guy in....

avatar~killer 03-20-2017 04:27 PM

That's awesome. I had good times at SFO when I was younger etc and its nice to see that its still around, along with familiar names still floating around here and there. However donations should be consistent and it was pulled off at the last minute, that should be taken into consideration because last minute efforts to meet goals even though I know that wasn't what Tmy wasn't trying to do. In any case good to see the community is still together, somewhat active and care about the game.

TitaniumFist 03-20-2017 05:25 PM

Thank you all for your donations, and for those who didn't donate but logged in on the forum and the game, thank you for showing up.

My hope is that we can keep both donations and activity consistent and steady. SFO 2.0 cannot thrive without both.

For my part, I'm going to try and devote more time to the community like I used to.

Patriots, members, staff members, we've all made mistakes and we've all fallen on hard times, but we're still here. Now is the time for all of us to seize this second chance as a community and make the best of it.

Sir Nash 03-20-2017 07:36 PM

This is... Marvelous!!

Money is no problem. I pledge $50.00 a month towards SFO's monthly bills (more if needed). These funds will be PayPal'ed to SFO every month before the 20th. So 3 more matching pledges and voila... that is $200.00 a month, covering SFO's monthly bills. I want TMyApp to not have to worry about SFO's bills for at least the remainder of 2017. :)

Murder-Ink 03-20-2017 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Nash (Post 855969)
This is... Marvelous!!

Money is no problem. I pledge $50.00 a month towards SFO's monthly bills (more if needed). These funds will be PayPal'ed to SFO every month before the 20th. So 3 more matching pledges and voila... that is $200.00 a month, covering SFO's monthly bills. I want TMyApp to not have to worry about SFO's bills for at least the remainder of 2017. :)

you my friend is the man... I'm down...

TotalReincarnation 03-20-2017 08:28 PM

Pledge Matched

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Nash (Post 855969)
This is... Marvelous!!

With that being said I was going to choose to donate more a month, but I do think that is a good idea.. and I will match your $50 a month pledge. :)