SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > NON-SFO Related > General

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Workout plan? asshole General 27 07-30-2008 01:34 PM
Your goals DrunkenMasta General 14 09-12-2006 10:14 PM
Goals and memories @ sfo ryuishero General 5 05-11-2006 07:53 PM
The sfo generation sponcership tournament workout whitetigerclaw3 Challenges and Tournaments 3 10-24-2005 03:19 PM

Old 06-04-2012, 03:26 PM   #1
asshole

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
asshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the rough
Default *The exercise/workout thread* - List Your Goals!

If you are looking to gain weight or lose weight, and if you have any questions, feel free to ask in this thread. From the "Post your pics" thread, it seems there is a number of us who enjoy lifting or exercising(cardio, crossfit, etc) in general. These people, including myself, are more than willing to help with any questions you may have regarding Diet and Training.

Exercise does not only promote good health and a healthy lifestyle, it can also boost confidence in your self-esteem. It did for me. Now after working out for a few years, putting on about 40 pounds or so, my confidence has skyrocket and I feel like I can approach pretty much any situation, whether it be a girl I want to talk to or a meeting I need to attend, with confidence.

It seems that 99% of the people want to "lose a little fat and gain a little muscle", when it's really not that easy. Because if you do a ton of cardiovascular activities(jogging, HITT, sports), you'll burn away a lot of muscle in the process. (Which is why *most* basketball players are very skinny with barely any muscle definition (other than some godlike genetic freaks like LeBron)).
So there are proper steps into going about it the right way to maximize your results. Ask away!

Some exercising quotes:
"Those who think they have not time for bodily exercise will sooner or later have to find time for illness." ~Edward Stanley

"Lack of activity destroys the good condition of every human being, while movement and methodical physical exercise save it and preserve it. " ~Plato

(and my favorite, for any general situation):
"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Also in this thread, I'd like for people to post progress pictures of themselves, if possible.
Some before and after pictures would be great. This can also be a workout log for some people, to track down your daily progress. That way, we can also see what you're doing and how you're coming along. (Or feel free to make your own thread called "XXXXXX's workout/diet log".

Again, exercise can do many good things for you. Before you realize you're not at the stage you want to be, please give it a try. It's never too late.

=[
asshole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 03:28 PM   #2
(~Vanilla~)
EVIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1176
(~Vanilla~) is just really nice(~Vanilla~) is just really nice(~Vanilla~) is just really nice(~Vanilla~) is just really nice(~Vanilla~) is just really nice(~Vanilla~) is just really nice(~Vanilla~) is just really nice(~Vanilla~) is just really nice(~Vanilla~) is just really nice(~Vanilla~) is just really nice(~Vanilla~) is just really nice
Default Re: *The exercise/workout thread* - List Your Goals!

Ima need a personal trainer when I drop, preferably one with a sexy body ( male )
Old 06-04-2012, 03:29 PM   #3
asshole

Post Thanks / Like
asshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the rough

I'll bite and be the first to post pics.

This is the before me:

About 4 years ago. Sitting at about 135-140lbs on a full stomach. =D
(Sorry, I know some of you have seen this.. but this is the only OLD one I have left since I no longer have Facebook/Myspace.)

And this is me currently:

182lbs.
Still not my goal physique but I'm working on it. I am in my "bulk mode" right now. I'll probably gain another 5-8 pounds before I even begin to burn off any excessive fat.

=[
Old 06-04-2012, 05:01 PM   #4
ItachiForever

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 336
ItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the rough
Visit ItachiForever's YouTube
Thumbs up Re: *The exercise/workout thread* - List Your Goals!

what the hey..fresh out of high school ima try n get some of my weight up to about 160-180. i weigh like 140 now. I don't work out as much as i use to(which i use to quite a bit). By the time college starts i wanna be about my ideal weight with my six pack still. Working out will not be a problem. I live right across the street from a park which provides a gym and exercise equipment and etc.

Once i master how to post nice size pic ill get some pics up np. I just hate having tiny pics =/

If you have any advice feel free to tell me.

Last edited by ItachiForever; 06-04-2012 at 05:04 PM.
ItachiForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 05:11 PM   #5
Crazii2TheMax

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 34
Crazii2TheMax has a spectacular aura aboutCrazii2TheMax has a spectacular aura aboutCrazii2TheMax has a spectacular aura aboutCrazii2TheMax has a spectacular aura aboutCrazii2TheMax has a spectacular aura aboutCrazii2TheMax has a spectacular aura aboutCrazii2TheMax has a spectacular aura aboutCrazii2TheMax has a spectacular aura aboutCrazii2TheMax has a spectacular aura aboutCrazii2TheMax has a spectacular aura aboutCrazii2TheMax has a spectacular aura about

I don't want to weigh anymore than I do now. Just want to get in shape. Lol!
There comes a time in life when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. Surround yourself with people who make you laugh, forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right. Pray for the ones who donít. Life's too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is part of LIFE...Getting back up is LIVING.
Crazii2TheMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 06:22 PM   #6
Elena

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
Elena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the rough
Visit Elena's Last.FM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItachiForever View Post
what the hey..fresh out of high school ima try n get some of my weight up to about 160-180. i weigh like 140 now. I don't work out as much as i use to(which i use to quite a bit). By the time college starts i wanna be about my ideal weight with my six pack still. Working out will not be a problem. I live right across the street from a park which provides a gym and exercise equipment and etc.

Once i master how to post nice size pic ill get some pics up np. I just hate having tiny pics =/

??

well you didn't really give us anything to go with my dear.

Is it a fat 140? Chunky 140?? Skin and bones 140?? Did you play any sports?? How tall are you? How much time until college starts?? Do you exercise now?? What's your budget like? What do you eat? Are you willing to change what you eat?? Will you buy me a pony?

No really. DO ET.
Elena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 06:40 PM   #7
ItachiForever

Post Thanks / Like
ItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the rough

Lol @ last question.

i weigh 140lbs, height 5'11'', skinny cut dude, 2 months a couple of weeks till college start. My budget would be about 20 bucks. I have not exercised in about last year around this time. I use to play basketball pretty much everyday. Give me a sec gonna re edit with pic.

*starts doing sit ups*

It would be nice if someone told me how to make pics bigger xd. Tried to get my back in their but will have to get someone to do it. Um took pics with my phone. The one with red boxers is me today n other with white n blue is sometime at the beginning of this year. Some one tell me how to make pics bigger xd

not sure how that happened^ Don't mind my hair growing it out.

Last edited by ItachiForever; 04-19-2017 at 04:48 PM.
ItachiForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 12:05 AM   #8
Liger Zero
Outstanding Patriot

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 6415
Liger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really nice

I got completely out of shape do to life issues and this suck economy. I am just now starting to work out again and lost about 20 pounds in a week(probably mostly from soda lol). Im hoping to get back to my lean 170Lbs. Its not that its motivation its just being bored for me since I have no job atm and I get bored mid day so I scheduled work outs.
Liger Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 12:41 AM   #9
SnuggLes__
Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 153
SnuggLes__ has a spectacular aura aboutSnuggLes__ has a spectacular aura aboutSnuggLes__ has a spectacular aura aboutSnuggLes__ has a spectacular aura aboutSnuggLes__ has a spectacular aura aboutSnuggLes__ has a spectacular aura aboutSnuggLes__ has a spectacular aura aboutSnuggLes__ has a spectacular aura aboutSnuggLes__ has a spectacular aura aboutSnuggLes__ has a spectacular aura aboutSnuggLes__ has a spectacular aura about
Visit SnuggLes__'s Twitter Visit SnuggLes__'s YouTube

Liger... You and I both need a damned Job.

@Itachi I was built exactly like you when I first started college.. Ectomorph or whatever you want to call the body type. I want to give you advice, but my advice isn't sound and = very unhealthy ahahahah.

The summer after my sophomore year (I was 18) I gained 33 pounds in a span of 2 and half months.. Went from weighing 145 to 178. (I'm 6'2 btw). I gained weight so fast that I now have crazy stretch marks all over my arms and chest. I defer to Asshole and Elena on this one. They probably know how to do it, and do it in a way that won't kill you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by friends#Forever
SolidSnake76: out of school....
(-Kam-): Good you made it through another day.
SolidSnake76: shut up...
(-Kam-): that's the spirit.
SnuggLes__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 12:50 AM   #10
Liger Zero
Outstanding Patriot

Post Thanks / Like
Liger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnuggLes__ View Post

@Itachi I was built exactly like you when I first started college.. Ectomorph or whatever you want to call the body type. I want to give you advice, but my advice isn't sound and = very unhealthy ahahahah.

The summer after my sophomore year (I was 18) I gained 33 pounds in a span of 2 and half months.. Went from weighing 145 to 178. (I'm 6'2 btw). I gained weight so fast that I now have crazy stretch marks all over my arms and chest. I defer to Asshole and Elena on this one. They probably know how to do it, and do it in a way that won't kill you.
You can get pure vitamin E lotion for the stretch marks to go away.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:12 AM   #11
SnuggLes__
Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 153
SnuggLes__ has a spectacular aura aboutSnuggLes__ has a spectacular aura aboutSnuggLes__ has a spectacular aura aboutSnuggLes__ has a spectacular aura aboutSnuggLes__ has a spectacular aura aboutSnuggLes__ has a spectacular aura aboutSnuggLes__ has a spectacular aura aboutSnuggLes__ has a spectacular aura aboutSnuggLes__ has a spectacular aura aboutSnuggLes__ has a spectacular aura aboutSnuggLes__ has a spectacular aura about
Visit SnuggLes__'s Twitter Visit SnuggLes__'s YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liger Zero View Post
You can get pure vitamin E lotion for the stretch marks to go away.
They'll actually go away?! Even on older stretch marks? Hmmm

Thanks man, I think I'll give it a shot. Even if it works a little bit, thats better than nothing lol.. I used cocoa butter before, but that definitely did not work. At least for me.

I think I might be genetically prone to stretch marks anyway. My skin just isn't built for excessive muscle gain.... or fat lolol

Quote:
Originally Posted by friends#Forever
SolidSnake76: out of school....
(-Kam-): Good you made it through another day.
SolidSnake76: shut up...
(-Kam-): that's the spirit.
SnuggLes__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 01:16 AM   #12
Liger Zero
Outstanding Patriot

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:

Thanks man, I think I'll give it a shot. Even if it works a little bit, thats better than nothing lol.. I used cocoa butter before, but that definitely did not work. At least for me.

I think I might be genetically prone to stretch marks anyway. My skin just isn't built for excessive muscle gain.... or fat lolol
Well when I first started getting them recently I thought it was some disease so I saw a doctor and she said pure vitamin e which you apply a little to each one everyday.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:20 AM   #13
ItachiForever

Post Thanks / Like

I need a job to. xD

Yea, i seen a lot of people gain alot of weight after high school. Especially when she had all that nvm( story for another time). Im just trying to stay trim and get some good looking girls who love my bod.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:15 PM   #14
asshole

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:

Gaining 20-40 is pretty and staying lean in 2-3 months is pretty much impossible.
Even if you do a moderate or clean "bulk" and gain 1lb/week, you're still only looking at 12 lbs til end of August.
However, don't let that demotivate you. Just go out there and start eating everything (clean) in sight and start lifting. Even if you put on 10-12 lbs, I'm sure you'd still feel a lot better.
What's to lose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazii2TheMax View Post
I don't want to weigh anymore than I do now. Just want to get in shape. Lol!
Lol wut?
Be more specific man.
What do you look like right now?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elena View Post
??

well you didn't really give us anything to go with my dear.

Is it a fat 140? Chunky 140?? Skin and bones 140?? Did you play any sports?? How tall are you? How much time until college starts?? Do you exercise now?? What's your budget like? What do you eat? Are you willing to change what you eat?? Will you buy me a pony?
Lol.

Quote:
Lol @ last question.

i weigh 140lbs, height 5'11'', skinny cut dude, 2 months a couple of weeks till college start. My budget would be about 20 bucks. I have not exercised in about last year around this time. I use to play basketball pretty much everyday. Give me a sec gonna re edit with pic.

*starts doing sit ups*

It would be nice if someone told me how to make pics bigger xd. Tried to get my back in their but will have to get someone to do it. Um took pics with my phone. The one with red boxers is me today n other with white n blue is sometime at the beginning of this year. Some one tell me how to make pics bigger xd

not sure how that happened^ Don't mind my hair growing it out.
Do you even want any advice?
You just listed who you are and what you do.. but you didn't ask any questions, lols.
TO make pics bigger: pixlr.com/editor
(online Photoshop-free)

Quote:
I got completely out of shape do to life issues and this suck economy. I am just now starting to work out again and lost about 20 pounds in a week(probably mostly from soda lol). Im hoping to get back to my lean 170Lbs. Its not that its motivation its just being bored for me since I have no job atm and I get bored mid day so I scheduled work outs.
Yeah man, that can do that do you.
But don't let not having a job get in the way of everything else.
Jogging = costs nothing. Go out and jog. Just because your financial situation may not let you go to the gym, doesn't mean you have to let yourself go.
It's better to catch yourself now that before it's too late, bro.

Quote:

Quote:

Stretch marks aren't that big of a deal man. When I first started working out, my arms, mroe than any other place, grew the fastest. Left me with stretch marks.. then I started noticing that almost everybody who works out has 'em. And since then.. I never really cared.

They only usually look bad on fat people. So if you're fat and you cut down in weight.. you're golden.

ALSO.. one other thing.. to anyone who's looking to lose fat.. I WOULD advise you to start using cocoa butter/lotion on your stretch-mark prone areas (belly, lower back, thighs). It'll keep you from getting them. You'll wish you have done this after you lose a ridiculous amount of weight.

Anybody else with any questions?

=[
Old 06-05-2012, 02:50 PM   #15
Liger Zero
Outstanding Patriot

Post Thanks / Like

I dont have a job at all actually so work isnt getting in the way just been homeless for a while etc etc. I never go to the gym I usually work my huge yard, use garden equipment for workouts, do my non weight work outs, or use these huge heavy bricks. If you ask wing who has actually seen me I use to be in crazy good shape and its really not hard for me to get back into it Im just continuing this lazy craze at the moment.
Old 06-05-2012, 06:16 PM   #16
Juzie

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 157
Juzie is a jewel in the roughJuzie is a jewel in the roughJuzie is a jewel in the roughJuzie is a jewel in the roughJuzie is a jewel in the roughJuzie is a jewel in the roughJuzie is a jewel in the roughJuzie is a jewel in the roughJuzie is a jewel in the roughJuzie is a jewel in the roughJuzie is a jewel in the rough

I've put on about 30 lbs since High School. I don't really have the mindset to work out everyday to be super fit anymore. My friends and I do join sports leagues though, we have soccer games on Sundays and Wednesdays, basketball on Fridays, occasionally we sign our team up for basketball, football, volleyball, tennis tournaments. I have a membership at Lifetime Fitness and my school has a great fitness center. Whenever I go I usually find something fun for me to do such as play sports, swim, take the free classes they offer like jiu jitsu or kickboxing haha.

Do you guys take protein shakes or other supplements?
Juzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 06:52 PM   #17
xfaderx

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1660
xfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of light
Visit xfaderx's YouTube

the only way that I found to help lose weight is the following and it made me lose 10kg in about 3 months:

no/low sugar diet.

For the first 2 weeks, u have to go "cold turkey" as in NO sugar at all. Your body will crave it badly but you have to fight those cravings. Then after the first 2 weeks you can eat things with sugar again but look at the nutritional panel and only eat things that have less than 10g of sugar per 100g.
The biggest things for me were sugary cereals in the morning and a glass of fruit juice. They were the biggest killers. You can still eat whatever you want in moderation, just find a low-sugar alternative, and keep exercising 3 times a week for 20 min at a time.

Things that are really bad:
sugary cereals, soda drinks, dried fruit, honey, fruit juice. chocolate bars, fast food (McDonalds, KFC, Burge King)

Good substitutes:
if you put sultanas or dried fruit on cereal, then put berries on them instead, u can go nuts with berries!
diet sodas (if u really have to drink it, or just water!)
if u have to eat chocolate (like me!) then at least eat dark chocolate, it is much better for you than milk, or white chocolate.
replace junky lunch with things like celery, and carrot sticks. Sure you might feel like a rabbit, but you'll be doing your body some good.

I'm skinnier now than I have been in about 10 years. Hoping to lose another 5 or so kgs.

Last edited by xfaderx; 06-05-2012 at 06:54 PM.
xfaderx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:10 PM   #18
ItachiForever

Post Thanks / Like

^See idk about that kind of stuff. I just thought do the regular hit some weights which most people wh I have no intention on becoming a muscle head( Im still sort of a geek even though i may not look like it which trips people out). I thought i might get some advice about a good work out plan or something about how to eat and portion myself. I was just throwing a number out there about how much weight id like to gain. Just picking 10-12lbs of muscle is good. After the summer ill post some results.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:35 PM   #19
masterbob
Old Skool Gamer

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 54
masterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nice

I eat whole cows and then go and bench 400 pounds

Actually been looking at form videos lately to make sure I have 100% cleanest bested forms
Old 06-06-2012, 10:14 AM   #20
asshole

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
I dont have a job at all actually so work isnt getting in the way just been homeless for a while etc etc. I never go to the gym I usually work my huge yard, use garden equipment for workouts, do my non weight work outs, or use these huge heavy bricks. If you ask wing who has actually seen me I use to be in crazy good shape and its really not hard for me to get back into it Im just continuing this lazy craze at the moment.
I am saying that Jogging outside doesn't require money or a gym membership.
Listen bro, I would start now, or as soon as possible. Before it's too late.
It's great that you can drop/gain weight fast.. but once you hit that "lazy" point. You may not want to do it anymore. So just better to start now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juzie View Post
I've put on about 30 lbs since High School. I don't really have the mindset to work out everyday to be super fit anymore. My friends and I do join sports leagues though, we have soccer games on Sundays and Wednesdays, basketball on Fridays, occasionally we sign our team up for basketball, football, volleyball, tennis tournaments. I have a membership at Lifetime Fitness and my school has a great fitness center. Whenever I go I usually find something fun for me to do such as play sports, swim, take the free classes they offer like jiu jitsu or kickboxing haha.

Do you guys take protein shakes or other supplements?
That's cool. I love the idea of staying active.
I usually try to get into anything I see. #1, keeps me busy, #2, meet more people and #3, keeps me healthy. Thinking about signing up at my gym's Sunday yoga class. To meet more chicks.
And I don't take any supplements. I even try to avoid protein powders as much as I can.
I try to get all my proteins, fats and carbs from my foods now. Not only is it the best way to get the macro-nutrients, it also helps you save a lot of money. When I first started and bought into the whole "Protein powder" scam, I used to spend 200-300$ a month on that crap. Since then, I've started relying on whole foods. Cheaper and better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfaderx View Post
the only way that I found to help lose weight is the following and it made me lose 10kg in about 3 months:

no/low sugar diet.

For the first 2 weeks, u have to go "cold turkey" as in NO sugar at all. Your body will crave it badly but you have to fight those cravings. Then after the first 2 weeks you can eat things with sugar again but look at the nutritional panel and only eat things that have less than 10g of sugar per 100g.
The biggest things for me were sugary cereals in the morning and a glass of fruit juice. They were the biggest killers. You can still eat whatever you want in moderation, just find a low-sugar alternative, and keep exercising 3 times a week for 20 min at a time.

Things that are really bad:
sugary cereals, soda drinks, dried fruit, honey, fruit juice. chocolate bars, fast food (McDonalds, KFC, Burge King)

Good substitutes:
if you put sultanas or dried fruit on cereal, then put berries on them instead, u can go nuts with berries!
diet sodas (if u really have to drink it, or just water!)
if u have to eat chocolate (like me!) then at least eat dark chocolate, it is much better for you than milk, or white chocolate.
replace junky lunch with things like celery, and carrot sticks. Sure you might feel like a rabbit, but you'll be doing your body some good.

I'm skinnier now than I have been in about 10 years. Hoping to lose another 5 or so kgs.
That's somewhat true.
Sugar = simple carbs. If you're looking to lose weight, you need to drop carbs.
However, there's a diet routine called "IIFYM"(If It Fits Your Macros). What that means is.. you can still enjoy Ice Cream, Pizza, McDonalds, **, etc as LONG as you're within your Macros, which are your F/C/P (Fats, Carbs, Proteins).

I myself love Pizza, so once a week, I'll grab a local joint's pizza and munch down on it, and STILL lose weight (when I'm cutting) because I keep my Carbs and Fats within range of my diet plan.

Quote:
^See idk about that kind of stuff. I just thought do the regular hit some weights which most people wh I have no intention on becoming a muscle head( Im still sort of a geek even though i may not look like it which trips people out). I thought i might get some advice about a good work out plan or something about how to eat and portion myself. I was just throwing a number out there about how much weight id like to gain. Just picking 10-12lbs of muscle is good. After the summer ill post some results.
This is what this thread is for man. If you have ANY diet+routine questions, feel free to ask. I will do the best I can do inform you.

Recently, I actually started lifting with IFBB(International Federation of Body Builders) pro's. I've learned a CHIT load from them.

The only three main thing you need to worry about, whether gaining weight or losing weight, are your P/C/F (Protein/Carbs/Fats). If you wanna gain weight, they should be: 40P/50C/10F% of all your calories. And if you wanna lose weight then it should be: 50P/30C/20F% of all your calories.
And remember:
1gram of protein = 4 calories.
1gram of carb = 4 calories.
1gram of fat = 9 calories.
So on a 2000 calorie diet, for gaining weight, your diet should container 1000cals from Carbs(250g), 800cals from Protein(200g), and only 200cals from Fats(22g).
Read the back of each food you're eating. They clearly list what nutrients you're eating. So it should be VERY EASY to know what you're eating and to stay within limits.

Hope I helped. (Took me 10 mins to write lololol.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterbob View Post
I eat whole cows and then go and bench 400 pounds

Actually been looking at form videos lately to make sure I have 100% cleanest bested forms
Post some pics/vids bud.

On a side note.. my squat went down 10 lbs from last week. =[
295x2 completely ATG (ass to ground). A lot of people do squats wrong. They usually rack up the weight and don't go low enough. I've even seen some people do only 1/4 reps. Most think parallel is okay. When the right way to do them is to go down until your own body stops you from going down, not your mind. Doin 1/2 or 1/4 reps, I can probably do 365 or even 405lb.. but I'll stick to 295 and do them the right way.

=[
Old 06-06-2012, 10:21 AM   #21
asshole

Post Thanks / Like

More motivation:
Trainer gains 70lbs, then loses 70lbs!!!

Cliffs:
-A trainer wanted to prove to his clients that losing weight is easy as your mindset.
-Gained (fat) 70 lbs in 6 months.
-Then lost 70lbs in 6 months.

http://now.msn.com/living/0605-train...70-pounds.aspx

=[
Old 06-06-2012, 03:01 PM   #22
Liger Zero
Outstanding Patriot

Post Thanks / Like

Also I suggest if you are out of shape not to go straight to the gym and start lifting weights. Its better to tone your body using non weight work outs. Ive seen guys lift weights but they couldnt do simple workouts with their own body weight. Also non weight work outs build up your stamina, Ive seen guys looking like the hulk run down the street and suddenly stops because he was winded.
Old 06-06-2012, 03:26 PM   #23
-AD-thedestruction

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 2
-AD-thedestruction will become famous soon enough-AD-thedestruction will become famous soon enough-AD-thedestruction will become famous soon enough-AD-thedestruction will become famous soon enough-AD-thedestruction will become famous soon enough-AD-thedestruction will become famous soon enough-AD-thedestruction will become famous soon enough-AD-thedestruction will become famous soon enough-AD-thedestruction will become famous soon enough-AD-thedestruction will become famous soon enough-AD-thedestruction will become famous soon enough
Visit -AD-thedestruction's Facebook Visit -AD-thedestruction's YouTube

Well whenever i get a camera ima be sure to post some photos.. but im currently, my back is really strong and shoulders.. do anyone have some chest, abs, and thigh workouts with just body no weights that works good?

Bump: here they go..

Shoulders^

Back^

arm flex^

Last edited by -AD-thedestruction; 06-06-2012 at 03:41 PM.
-AD-thedestruction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 04:23 PM   #24
Liger Zero
Outstanding Patriot

Post Thanks / Like

For Abs I do the following.

Ab Planks for 60 seconds
Ab plank leg outs
Leg raises (make sure you hads are flat palms down above your head)
Toe touch sit ups
Jack Knifes
Hanging Crunches

For the chest I do

Elevated Push ups (make sure the arms are wide)
Push ups on chairs (1 for both feet and 1 chair for each hand, make sure you go all the way down and up)
Wide Grip Chin up to back of the neck

For thighs

Hack squats
Leg outs
Acordian(the work out not the instroment)
Mountain Climbers
Squat thrusts

I use to do like most of these work outs 3 times a week along with many many others.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:01 AM   #25
asshole

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Also I suggest if you are out of shape not to go straight to the gym and start lifting weights. Its better to tone your body using non weight work outs. Ive seen guys lift weights but they couldnt do simple workouts with their own body weight. Also non weight work outs build up your stamina, Ive seen guys looking like the hulk run down the street and suddenly stops because he was winded.
I'm sorry to correct you brah but that's actually not correct.
Even if you're a beginner, feel free to weights. Just pace yourself. Start light.
And for the "being out of breath" part, just keep your cardio up and keep the heart rate working.

There's no need to not start with weights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by -AD-thedestruction View Post
Well whenever i get a camera ima be sure to post some photos.. but im currently, my back is really strong and shoulders.. do anyone have some chest, abs, and thigh workouts with just body no weights that works good?

Bump: here they go..

Shoulders^

Back^

arm flex^
Look online for them. I'm not too good without weights. Lol.

=[