SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > Street Fighter Online > New Features

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
info. evil^vegeta Links 9 12-09-2007 03:26 PM
[release]omfg tha new superman[release] kingofallkings Banners, Avatars and Images 7 12-24-2006 08:41 AM
[ SFO 1.3e/f/g/h/i - Release Info ] TMyApp New Features 262 05-27-2006 06:02 AM
[ sfo 1.3d - release info ] TMyApp New Features 47 03-25-2006 04:57 AM
[ sfo 1.3c - release info ] TMyApp New Features 16 03-11-2006 05:17 AM

Old 06-08-2007, 11:52 PM   #1
TMyApp

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 139
TMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really nice
Default Re: [ SFO 1.6 g/h - Release Info ]

.... what's this ?? yet another bug-patch update ?? you've got it ...

here is what to expect:

a brand new game mode: Projectile Death (aka: PROJ-D) ... in it, every projectile/spam-like move will make YOU lose 1 point of health each time you use it ... (25 hadukens = 25 points of health lost ... is it worth it ?? ) ... think you have what it takes to survive ?? .. and/or never to use this game mode as you spam-away with Ryu in other game modes ?? ... only time will tell

... also, for the ultra-complaining (and non VIP users) ... you can now use your precious Rage Factor points to select Vindicated Evil Ryu, and Vindicated Shin Akuma .... enjoy ... (and right about now is when the VIP's being their bitching)

that said ... one change that might be liked by at least a few ... is the fact that from now on the "Game Over" screen ... (the one after a match ... not the "you are banned" screen ) ... as well as the "cancel" button on the "join game" screen ... will all take you straight back to the last chat server you were in ... (instead of forcing you to go back to the main menu, as you pull your hair for 10+ seconds while waiting to re-join the same chat server you were in)
... and who came up with this idea ?? ... umm ... whoever posted it on the forum .... (i'll let you guys figure that one out ... you know me and "giving credit" ... )

also, some users were having too much fun "testing" out GV ... (ie: checking of just how far they could push the cheat/hack detection ... this did not affect GV, or SFO in any way ... but it sure as hell flooded the violation log with useless entries) ... umm ... yeah ... keep doing it ... the testing/grace period is now officially over ... next up: uber-automated-bans without warnings

and of course ... some chars were tweaked ... (in hopes of cutting down on bitching) ... bugs were fixed ... new "tint colors" (during the vindicated hyper-moves) were added ... and ... a buncha' other stuff i'm too tired to describe and/or type about ... but, feel free to read up on the version info yourself:

http://streetfighteronline.com/version/

... and ... that's about it ...

oh, and one other tiny little thing ... aka: the BIGGEST SFO EVENT IN HISTORY OF THE GALACTIC UNIVERSE CONTINUES !!! ... DWX: Second Strike

(queue the: "now we have to wait another 2 months ??" bitching) ... hate it ... love it ... love to hate it ... at least now you know the exact date

... hell or high water ... Aug 4th ... you know the rest

*** UPDATE:

1.6h has been released in an effort to patch the bugs/issues (mostly) introduced by 1.6g

TMyApp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 11:53 PM   #2
Wolfeh
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1337
Wolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to all
Visit Wolfeh's YouTube Visit Wolfeh's Last.FM

First update I've enjoyed in years. Literally.
Wolfeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 11:57 PM   #3
KingofStreetfighter101
SECTION 1 & 2

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 33
KingofStreetfighter101 is a jewel in the roughKingofStreetfighter101 is a jewel in the roughKingofStreetfighter101 is a jewel in the roughKingofStreetfighter101 is a jewel in the roughKingofStreetfighter101 is a jewel in the roughKingofStreetfighter101 is a jewel in the roughKingofStreetfighter101 is a jewel in the roughKingofStreetfighter101 is a jewel in the roughKingofStreetfighter101 is a jewel in the roughKingofStreetfighter101 is a jewel in the roughKingofStreetfighter101 is a jewel in the rough

I didn't even see this topic at ALL

Well... all is said in stone... or whatever material you wish to use...

May ... Destiny lead the way...

Nice Patch update-release
KingofStreetfighter101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 11:58 PM   #4
hugovaz
Super Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
hugovaz is an unknown quantity at this point
Visit hugovaz's Facebook

Thanks man once again you prove to be half man half Incredible!
Old 06-09-2007, 12:03 AM   #5
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 776
TitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of light

So many useful things in this one. This should be an overall crowd pleaser.

Projectile Death. Spammers be ware..... Hmm, there will be so many confused new players..... They'll have to learn fast that using constant projectiles will kill them. (I hope no one abuses that mode either.)

Great patch!

Click Here to Vote for the Storm Dream Goal.
TitaniumFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 12:04 AM   #6
Orlando0
SECTION 1 & 2

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 45
Orlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the rough
Visit Orlando0's YouTube

Projectile death. A lot of users will use that mode.

It doesn't affect ME though. I don't spam hadoukens, I spam Dive kicks.

oh yea

"now we have to wait another 2 months ??"

Orlando0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 12:08 AM   #7
Wolfeh
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Wolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to all

When I went to use it, the other guy was like "what the hell?" When he killed himself... Lol.
Old 06-09-2007, 12:08 AM   #8
(!_Isolated-King_!)
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
(!_Isolated-King_!) is an unknown quantity at this point

WoW, August 4th,Its gonna seem like soo long lol And Im loving that Proj Mode
(!_Isolated-King_!) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 01:34 AM   #9
Peruvian_Ken

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
Peruvian_Ken is an unknown quantity at this point

Cool we now get upgrades lol

Peruvian_Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 02:13 AM   #10
cripwalker_19
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
cripwalker_19 will become famous soon enoughcripwalker_19 will become famous soon enoughcripwalker_19 will become famous soon enoughcripwalker_19 will become famous soon enoughcripwalker_19 will become famous soon enoughcripwalker_19 will become famous soon enoughcripwalker_19 will become famous soon enoughcripwalker_19 will become famous soon enoughcripwalker_19 will become famous soon enoughcripwalker_19 will become famous soon enoughcripwalker_19 will become famous soon enough

Silent update i suppose?
Whatever it was..It is great.
Im not the bitcher and more..lol i was.'
im just happy every time we get updates, because on SFO updates are rare.

Keep it up TmyApp.
And congrats to the new mods that i havent noticed and congratulated yet.

If theres a throne
You lookin at tha chairman..
How u want it
Show me my opponent..
cripwalker_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 03:38 AM   #11
blockattack
SFO Admin

Tournaments Joined: 3
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1181
blockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to all
Visit blockattack's Facebook Visit blockattack's Twitter Visit blockattack's YouTube

I have yet to experience, I'll log on now.

Need to contact blocky?
blockattack@streetfighteronline.com

blockattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 03:54 AM   #12
limbei
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
limbei is an unknown quantity at this point

Interesting new game mode!
This guy i was fighting with probably didnt bother to read the notice when u first open up the game and didnt know what "Proj-D" is all about..
he spammed himself into certain death by hadoken-ing continuously when his life was about - left.
Loving this game mode!

Cheers
Old 06-09-2007, 04:08 AM   #13
ryuishero
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
ryuishero is an unknown quantity at this pointryuishero is an unknown quantity at this pointryuishero is an unknown quantity at this pointryuishero is an unknown quantity at this pointryuishero is an unknown quantity at this pointryuishero is an unknown quantity at this pointryuishero is an unknown quantity at this pointryuishero is an unknown quantity at this pointryuishero is an unknown quantity at this pointryuishero is an unknown quantity at this pointryuishero is an unknown quantity at this point

I like all the new features of this updates. All I can say thanks for it . I think some people will just love this mode.

Updated for DWX Sentinel's: http://www.freewebs.com/shinkuuhadoken/
ryuishero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 05:52 AM   #14
PENZEL
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 10
PENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (ryuishero @ June 09 2007,01:08)]I like all the new features of this updates. All I can say thanks for it . *I think some people will just love this mode.
You have no friggin Idea how much I do. Kthxbye
Old 06-09-2007, 06:23 AM   #15
DetectiveUnknown
Super Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like
DetectiveUnknown has a little shameless behaviour in the past

heh, see..I wish I could host now..I would use t hat PD mode all the time :P
DetectiveUnknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 06:27 AM   #16
killerdude10
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 23
killerdude10 has a spectacular aura aboutkillerdude10 has a spectacular aura aboutkillerdude10 has a spectacular aura aboutkillerdude10 has a spectacular aura aboutkillerdude10 has a spectacular aura aboutkillerdude10 has a spectacular aura aboutkillerdude10 has a spectacular aura aboutkillerdude10 has a spectacular aura aboutkillerdude10 has a spectacular aura aboutkillerdude10 has a spectacular aura aboutkillerdude10 has a spectacular aura about
Visit killerdude10's Facebook

lol its been time since we got a new update ..........

killerdude10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 06:42 AM   #17
DetectiveUnknown
Super Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like
DetectiveUnknown has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Heh, I enjoy that Game Over Screen feature..
I've just played the projectile death..but I think there would be other ways to deal with that hadoken problem..without bringing it to other characters..It probably would have been a good edition if this game was lag free, but right now, when it forces people to fight like that..against lag, it's horror..(esp when you're facing diving kicks, lol)

Good mode for those who aren''t really on the projectile using market
Sent
Jugg
Wolverine
And maybe Chun-li and Spiderman

DetectiveUnknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 07:14 AM   #18
Nyah!
Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like
Nyah! is an unknown quantity at this point

Just been experimenting in story mode.. and i have found a few flaws with this 'projectile death' feature...

If i was to be wolverine, i can drill claw someone to death and it takes no life off. Yeap i understand that wolvie has to have a way of defending himself but i'm sure sometimes you know the drill claw takes off MASSES of health (because it 'sticks' in u), but if i was facing a drill clawing wolvie day and night.. well i'm pretty much doomed because i cant get them off my back (does through physical attacks) and if use hadouken I'll die even quicker.

Also, in your post you suggested any spammable moves take off health.. well there is one character that i can spam and still no life gets taken off. and that is juggernaut. i can do juggernaut punch (which is the down forward punch) and high punch continuously in the corner. Lool, kills you quicker than a hadouken, yet it takes off no life.

Sorry for the minor gripe but like opticstinger said, this mode benefits primarily the wolvie and juggernaut users
Old 06-09-2007, 08:23 AM   #19
_uNiQu3_
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
_uNiQu3_ is an unknown quantity at this point

Props ...Love the game over screen feature ..il go test out that new game mode now
Old 06-09-2007, 08:48 AM   #20
Nyah!
Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like

Here are examples of matches against OpticStinger, who was kind enough to provide a demonstration where I exploit the aforementioned move.

Wolvie vs Ryu

Wolvie vs Sentinel

As you can see, without the aid of hadoukens, a skilled user is having trouble, and for me, all i have to do is heal constantly and spam the drill claw to win in both cases.

Old 06-09-2007, 09:07 AM   #21
DrunkenMasta
SECTION 1 & 2

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 13
DrunkenMasta is a jewel in the roughDrunkenMasta is a jewel in the roughDrunkenMasta is a jewel in the roughDrunkenMasta is a jewel in the roughDrunkenMasta is a jewel in the roughDrunkenMasta is a jewel in the roughDrunkenMasta is a jewel in the roughDrunkenMasta is a jewel in the roughDrunkenMasta is a jewel in the roughDrunkenMasta is a jewel in the roughDrunkenMasta is a jewel in the rough

Lawl, Nice Update ...

I wonder how teh n00b will react to the Hadoken Spamming gone.
DrunkenMasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 10:31 AM   #22
Wolfeh
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

Bwoop, this update in no way benefits Wolvie...

His dash AND Berzerker take health... Drill Claw is his only actual defense against Spiderman and whatnot. Since Spidy kick takes health and Drill Claw doesn't, this is the first time Wolvie has EVER had an advantage. I think he deserves it.
Old 06-09-2007, 10:50 AM   #23
1-hitta
BANNED BY: TMyApp

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 2451
1-hitta is a jewel in the rough1-hitta is a jewel in the rough1-hitta is a jewel in the rough1-hitta is a jewel in the rough1-hitta is a jewel in the rough1-hitta is a jewel in the rough1-hitta is a jewel in the rough1-hitta is a jewel in the rough1-hitta is a jewel in the rough1-hitta is a jewel in the rough1-hitta is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (blockattack @ June 08 2007,22:38)]I have yet to experience, I'll log on now.
Sweet....
1-hitta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 02:04 PM   #24
Nyah!
Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (SPIRIT-WOLF @ June 09 2007,16:31)]Bwoop, this update in no way benefits Wolvie...

His dash AND Berzerker take health... Drill Claw is his only actual defense against Spiderman and whatnot. Since Spidy kick takes health and Drill Claw doesn't, this is the first time Wolvie has EVER had an advantage. I think he deserves it.
but wouldn't you think someone somewhere would spam that attack like did in the clip?
Old 06-09-2007, 02:09 PM   #25
system4
SECTION 1 & 2 & 3 & 5 & 6

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 117
system4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the rough

Well congrats.. Can't wait.. =)
system4 is offline   Reply With Quote