[ sfo 1.3d - release info ] TMyApp New Features 47 03-25-2006 04:57 AM
[ sfo 1.3c - release info ] TMyApp New Features 16 03-11-2006 05:17 AM

Old 08-07-2010, 11:44 AM   #1
TMyApp

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 139
TMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really nice
Exclamation [ SFO 9th Anniversary Release Info ]

Welcome to the 9th Anniversary Collection of SFO - Special Turbo Edition!
In this release:
Top Scores Reset: NOW!
Improved Performance: NOW!
Slower Computers: UP TO 2X FASTER!
Ken: SOME BUGS FIXED!
Logan: GRAPHICAL GLITCHES FIXED!
Juggs: Tweaked + Faster!
Sakura: TWEAKED!
Iron Man: SLIGHTLY FASTER!
Spidey: SLIGHTLY TWEAKED!
Ryu: MINOR BUGS FIXED!
Akuma: TWEAKED!
Other Characters: TWEAKED!
Insta Kill Bugs: SOME FIXED!
Security Added: FROM SFX!
Network Code: SLIGHTLY IMPROVED!
Chat Filter: RIPPED FROM SFX!
Old Bugs Fixed: NOW!
New Bugs Added: NOW!
Ambassador Titles: WAITING FOR TITAN!

That said, off we go to Q & A's:

The new update won't stop loading, PLZ HELP!

Yes, there was a small issue with the current update which has affected (or might still be affecting) selected users. A permanent fix/patch is being worked on. If you still experience the issue with your game NOT loading properly, more info/help can be found here:

http://forums.streetfighteronline.com/showthread.php?t=26019

No new characters added? No new colors? Why Tee-My-App, WHY!

Lesson #1: reading is GOOD

Anyone who read the in-game loading info/news will confirm that not even once has it been mentioned that a "new character" or "new colors" would be added to the 9th Anniversary Update. And unless you hear of SFO news from an "official source", everything else on the internets is a rumor and/or is a flat-out lie

Of course that does NOT mean that new chars or new colors will NOT be added to SFO in the future ... just ... don't expect them in this update

But as a "downer/reality" note, donít forget that the current version of the game has 12.5 playable characters, and if you are bored of them already (and/or do NOT even use half of them) adding another Shoto or a semi-laggy X-Men char will NOT satisfy your cravings either

... instead, a much more logical strategy is to try and fix/patch/improve the existing 12 characters until they are "up to par" with the mighty Ryu ... and that is what the "bug-squash updates" are all about

What is the purpose of the 9th Anniversary update?

The 9th Anniversary Collection Edition of SFO is NOT an event, nor is it a "brand new game" (we already had one of those released earlier this year ) ... instead, it is meant to be seen both a reflection and a step towards "long term improvement" of SFO.

One of the key aims (and added improvement) is the "performance boost" that was added to the game in 1.9d. Based on the "state of the art" lab tests involving 5 year old computer hardware, the newest version of SFO could/should run up to TWICE as fast as before. This means that if your old Pentium 1.5 GHZ computer could only run the old versions of the game at 15 FPS (Frames Per Second) in the latest update you can expect as much as 30 FPS ... likewise, if in the past your system could only hope to approach the 40 FPS limit in single player mode, in the newest update you may find that your Walmart laptop is indeed able to peak out at 40 FPS even in 1 on 1 non-tag multiplayer games

The second aim of the 9th Anniversary Update was to added the much needed "security" into the game. Simply what this translates to is: this year, brand new anti-cheat algorithms have been written from the ground up for SFX, and thanks to the power of "sleepless nights of one man" ... those improvements have now been transferred over to SFO

What anti-LAG and/or Network Based improvements were added?

Imagine if your game is running at a solid frame-rate of 40 FPS, while the person you are playing with is in Brazil, on an old computer, running at 15-20 FPS tops on a dial-up-like connection. The end result of such experiment is "UBER LAG"

But what if SFO was able to improve the speed/performance of the slow outdated computers while attempting to detect packet-loss and/or compensate for sever LAG-spikes and >3000 ping? Well, the end result would be a "slightly better" game, but no means a "perfect game", and that is EXACTLY what 1.9d is all about: we know we can't make circa 2k1 Shockwave 8.5 engine perform miracles, but maybe we can slap it around until it does slightly better than before

This completely suxx0rs, my game is now running WORSE than before!

Unfortunately it is next to impossible to predict of how a browser-based game will perform on the tens of thousands of variations of outdated computer hardware around the world, all we can do is "try" to make things better, and when it does NOT work, we can fix, patch and update the problems as need be.

One of the major differences of the 2k9 updates (which of course WAS carried over into 1.9d) is the ability to seamlessly update SFO with silent "patches".

Don't like the new delay on the hyper-effect screen? Getting odd error messages from the game? Finding that dial-up users are timing out more often? These and other problems have already been "patched" as of last night's "midnight" release, and while a lot more work still needs to be done, it is a fair bet that even MORE updates and fixes will be applied in the near future ... and to experience them, all you have to do is run the game (since most silent tweaks can be picked up by SFO automatically, without a need for lengthy manual downloads )

Some changes were ok, but I still think that specific characters need to be altered slightly more. What should I do?

You should cry and complain on the forum, explaining the reasons for your proposed idea to our batch of dedicated Ambassadors, who will be more than happy to properly document your ideas/problems, and pass them on to one of our brand-new (and dedicated) Administrators, who will in turn give the gist of your idea to the team of "drinking birds", who's tireless pecking at the worn-out keyboards will shape the next exciting version(s) of SFO

But isn't pointless complaining considered to be AGAINST the SFO community's rules? Won't me posting "THIS GAME SUX" over and over again get me uber-banned?

Err ... we'll get back to you on that one

I just played SFO and I thought the game felt slightly faster with a bit LESS lag. Am I just seeing things and/or should I stop licking this giant poisonous toad?

First off, don't forget that "WINNERS DON'T LICK TOADS". Second, if you experience slightly less lag and/or game speed improvements as of the 9th Anniversary Update, there is NO NEED to panic. One alternative which can be used to abolish your new found hope is to listen to the words of the haters, who will be more than happy to reassure you that NOTHING is as good as it used to be, and that ALL THINGS SUCK worse than they ever did before.

... You can love it. You can hate it. You can help to improve and shape it. You can bash your keyboard in rage, or own the n00bs with Juggernaut in a cage. And if the Black Akuma don't float your boat, all you can do is lick a toad. What up is down, and what left is right, and you just read the gibberish I type ...

But at the end of it all, the ancient slogan of SFO still remains: "Dreams Don't Die". We have 9 years history to prove that

Nuff said
TMyApp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 12:19 PM   #2
YoureGonnaLuvMe
SECTION 1 & 2

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 350
YoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: [ SFO 9th Anniversary Release Info ]

man your great very very good update no more sakura n bison follow glitchy ken etc.. simply luv it and much appreciate the efforts and results
big thanks to tmy the man with the plan and the good good staff members
lets have fun with it and since we say to everyone on forum happy birthday and we dont know when is tmy brithday lets say happy brithday tmy lol
YoureGonnaLuvMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 12:24 PM   #3
_Zom_B_X
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 23
_Zom_B_X is on a distinguished road_Zom_B_X is on a distinguished road_Zom_B_X is on a distinguished road_Zom_B_X is on a distinguished road_Zom_B_X is on a distinguished road_Zom_B_X is on a distinguished road_Zom_B_X is on a distinguished road_Zom_B_X is on a distinguished road_Zom_B_X is on a distinguished road_Zom_B_X is on a distinguished road_Zom_B_X is on a distinguished road

Cool no Sakura Bison Follow

Question: some stage Color changes?
Old 08-07-2010, 12:39 PM   #4
YoureGonnaLuvMe
SECTION 1 & 2

Post Thanks / Like
YoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the rough

dont think so zom but if you think its shouldnt be post them(not here) so staff could take a look
Old 08-07-2010, 12:51 PM   #5
_Zom_B_X
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 23
_Zom_B_X is on a distinguished road_Zom_B_X is on a distinguished road_Zom_B_X is on a distinguished road_Zom_B_X is on a distinguished road_Zom_B_X is on a distinguished road_Zom_B_X is on a distinguished road_Zom_B_X is on a distinguished road_Zom_B_X is on a distinguished road_Zom_B_X is on a distinguished road_Zom_B_X is on a distinguished road_Zom_B_X is on a distinguished road

I CAN get a SS
Old 08-07-2010, 01:15 PM   #6
Leviathan

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
Leviathan has a spectacular aura aboutLeviathan has a spectacular aura aboutLeviathan has a spectacular aura aboutLeviathan has a spectacular aura aboutLeviathan has a spectacular aura aboutLeviathan has a spectacular aura aboutLeviathan has a spectacular aura aboutLeviathan has a spectacular aura aboutLeviathan has a spectacular aura aboutLeviathan has a spectacular aura aboutLeviathan has a spectacular aura about
Visit Leviathan's Twitter Visit Leviathan's YouTube

shoryureppas are so raw now. thank you!

[Sfo CC][XF Clan][Raiden X][Level Showcase]
[#1 Sakura User 2010]
Go0gley Power!
Leviathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 04:16 PM   #7
guitarrocker
SECTION 1 & 2

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 174
guitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the rough

Nice rhyme at the end..

And good update

great job tmy
guitarrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 04:31 PM   #8
Mercedes04
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Mercedes04 will become famous soon enoughMercedes04 will become famous soon enoughMercedes04 will become famous soon enoughMercedes04 will become famous soon enoughMercedes04 will become famous soon enoughMercedes04 will become famous soon enoughMercedes04 will become famous soon enoughMercedes04 will become famous soon enoughMercedes04 will become famous soon enoughMercedes04 will become famous soon enoughMercedes04 will become famous soon enough
Visit Mercedes04's YouTube

Game feels faster for some reason and I can actually hit people on screen better with little guess work...I actually feel like I can keep up for a change...even on wireless...I underestimated this update it seems...after playing a few match's...

Tag is for a new SFO Website.
ETA ~ 3/10/11
Mercedes04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 06:32 PM   #9
Sir Nash
SECTION 1 & 2 & 3

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 131
Sir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the rough

Me want Charlie Nash now! ... ahem, I mean, good update.
Sir Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 11:24 PM   #10
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 776
TitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of light

Nine years down. More to go. Long live SFO.

(I should totally edit that to say "9 years" )

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMyApp View Post

Ambassador Titles: WAITING FOR TITAN!
As of now, for the senior group of Ambassadors and only in SFO, that should totally be done and working.

If not, someone kick me with a PM or offline. The junior group will be set up once your IGNs are submitted to thevipkiller.

Click Here to Vote for the Storm Dream Goal.
TitaniumFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 12:32 AM   #11
TotalReincarnation
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 104
TotalReincarnation is a jewel in the roughTotalReincarnation is a jewel in the roughTotalReincarnation is a jewel in the roughTotalReincarnation is a jewel in the roughTotalReincarnation is a jewel in the roughTotalReincarnation is a jewel in the roughTotalReincarnation is a jewel in the roughTotalReincarnation is a jewel in the roughTotalReincarnation is a jewel in the roughTotalReincarnation is a jewel in the roughTotalReincarnation is a jewel in the rough

TMyApp:

I told you that people actually take the time to read what you type even if you type jibber at times there are many that still read it, as for the update it has made the game better though I won't lie at first there was nothing but problems but that is what we all should expect from new updates.
When users complain it is usually cause they lost there advantage over others, but that is the goal is it not, to make the game fair and friendly for all members of the community. Those new and old are the reason TMyApp has made the game the way it is that we see it today. We all take for granted the updates that he does year round cause we do not see them, so what we did not get some new some new characters. We saw old characters get tweaked and updated though. Oh no we did not get new colors!!! Well we did get a whole new chat filter and game security. These little things are the reason the game is still running, that and TMyApp taking the time to make these available to us.
TotalReincarnation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 12:43 AM   #12
Mercedes04
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Mercedes04 will become famous soon enoughMercedes04 will become famous soon enoughMercedes04 will become famous soon enoughMercedes04 will become famous soon enoughMercedes04 will become famous soon enoughMercedes04 will become famous soon enoughMercedes04 will become famous soon enoughMercedes04 will become famous soon enoughMercedes04 will become famous soon enoughMercedes04 will become famous soon enoughMercedes04 will become famous soon enough
Visit Mercedes04's YouTube
Default Yes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotalReincarnation View Post
TMyApp:

I told you that people actually take the time to read what you type even if you type jibber at times there are many that still read it, as for the update it has made the game better though I won't lie at first there was nothing but problems but that is what we all should expect from new updates.
When users complain it is usually cause they lost there advantage over others, but that is the goal is it not, to make the game fair and friendly for all members of the community. Those new and old are the reason TMyApp has made the game the way it is that we see it today. We all take for granted the updates that he does year round cause we do not see them, so what we did not get some new some new characters. We saw old characters get tweaked and updated though. Oh no we did not get new colors!!! Well we did get a whole new chat filter and game security. These little things are the reason the game is still running, that and TMyApp taking the time to make these available to us.
I totally was like surprised not to see a thread when the update happened...it's usually the first and only post I read before I even log in to test the updates.....

Tag is for a new SFO Website.
ETA ~ 3/10/11
Mercedes04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 01:42 AM   #13
Murder-Ink

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 98
Murder-Ink will become famous soon enoughMurder-Ink will become famous soon enoughMurder-Ink will become famous soon enoughMurder-Ink will become famous soon enoughMurder-Ink will become famous soon enoughMurder-Ink will become famous soon enoughMurder-Ink will become famous soon enoughMurder-Ink will become famous soon enoughMurder-Ink will become famous soon enoughMurder-Ink will become famous soon enoughMurder-Ink will become famous soon enough

loved the gibberish, it gave me a good lol

nice updates nonetheless
Murder-Ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 10:27 AM   #14
Sir Nash
SECTION 1 & 2 & 3

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 131
Sir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercedes04 View Post
I totally was like surprised not to see a thread when the update happened...it's usually the first and only post I read before I even log in to test the updates.....
That's why I came on the forum, waited, and no thread.
Sir Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 11:37 AM   #15
TMyApp

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 139
TMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really nice
Talking Re: [ SFO 9th Anniversary Release Info ]

TMyApp is just 1 man ... sometimes it takes a while for him to write up the gibberish
TMyApp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 12:28 PM   #16
4~LiFe
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 7
4~LiFe is an unknown quantity at this point4~LiFe is an unknown quantity at this point4~LiFe is an unknown quantity at this point4~LiFe is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMyApp View Post
TMyApp is just 1 man ... sometimes it takes a while for him to write up the gibberish
but that 1 man made all of this happen.....

well with helps of staff too of course
Old 08-08-2010, 03:10 PM   #17
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
avatar-killers is an unknown quantity at this point
Visit avatar-killers's Facebook

nice update TmyApp, and thanks alot! just like it

For Bison users, hope those glitch specials are fixed as well.
avatar-killers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 12:59 AM   #18
xfaderx
SECTION 1 & 2

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1671
xfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of light
Visit xfaderx's YouTube

nice work on the vid, Titanium! i really need some tutorials on how to make vids, i got all the programs, just no know-how yet.
xfaderx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 01:38 PM   #19
(-PakistaN-)

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 8
(-PakistaN-) is on a distinguished road(-PakistaN-) is on a distinguished road(-PakistaN-) is on a distinguished road(-PakistaN-) is on a distinguished road(-PakistaN-) is on a distinguished road(-PakistaN-) is on a distinguished road(-PakistaN-) is on a distinguished road(-PakistaN-) is on a distinguished road(-PakistaN-) is on a distinguished road(-PakistaN-) is on a distinguished road(-PakistaN-) is on a distinguished road
Visit (-PakistaN-)'s Facebook

sakura bison still follow though right? i dont think that glitch has been fixed. Just wanted to make sure..

\
(-PakistaN-) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 01:52 PM   #20
LuXv
BANNED BY: TMyApp

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 768
LuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really nice
Visit LuXv's Twitter

Yeah I herd they still follow, and erm I know this kind of has nothing to do with SFO but for some reason I cant upload videos... not to Youtube or anywhere else. Because i have a video of the Tag glitch and cant upload it =(
LuXv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 02:17 PM   #21
YoureGonnaLuvMe
SECTION 1 & 2

Post Thanks / Like

sakura and bison arnt following anymore
Old 06-26-2011, 09:28 AM   #22
YoureMyHater

Post Thanks / Like
YoureMyHater is an unknown quantity at this point
Visit YoureMyHater's Facebook Visit YoureMyHater's YouTube

That should totally be the new intro. ^-^'

You're no good, Try again in the next life
-Nanaya Shiki
Wanna taste the ground? Go ahead and strike me
-Rurouni Kenshin

Last edited by YoureMyHater; 06-26-2011 at 09:34 AM.
YoureMyHater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 10:01 AM   #23
GangstaGoose
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 5
GangstaGoose is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoureMyHater View Post
That should totally be the new intro. ^-^'
Can we please not revive year old topics?