Rank system Klens Members Help Center 9 07-16-2006 01:35 PM
New rank system (~SiNiK~) New Features 91 07-05-2006 11:36 AM

Old 02-16-2007, 02:06 PM   #1
TitaniumFist

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 776
TitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Improving the rank system

This is an open discussion about any changes or modifications that could be made, in order to make rank mean something again.

A few questions Iíd like get out;

1] What was rank like in the XMvsSF days? Ė Why did it count more back then?

2] Why does rank mean less now?

3] How do we make rank significant again?

Although, I use the word ďagainĒ , itís from a time I wasnít witness to. Nowadays, rank holders come and go and itís said rank 1 is easy to achieve. For the most part I think the current rank system serves the main purpose of keeping track of your wins and losses, like itís supposed to. I also feel that the rank 1 holders, do merit a certain status because they are rank 1.

One idea is adding more sections to the rank system. The current sections are [ RULES Ė ARCHIVE Ė SEARCH ]
There could be an overall rank ladder, for wins excluding brawls. There could also be specific server rankings. A ladder for players with the most wins in each server, except Training Server. For example, if you are a VIP and you do well in the Tournament Server where there are no perks it would be significant. If in time we do get the GV server with no GV moves, there could be a rank ladder for that server. Same with the RD-less server, if it is added. These are just some random ideas and Iím just one voice.

Click Here to Vote for the Storm Dream Goal.
TitaniumFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 04:13 PM   #2
Nyah!
Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
Nyah! is an unknown quantity at this point

that's pretty cool titanium, but if you think about it, how many people on average 'stay' in anniversary server and stay there? on average there might be around 20 people at the most a week that go on anniversary, so it wouldnt be much of an acheievement to be number 1 on that just about everyone revolves around the DOR server, so it might slightly unecessary

that said, i think different score systems for different modes would be better for all those brawl loving/ hating fanatics..
Old 02-16-2007, 06:00 PM   #3
blocktackle

Post Thanks / Like
blocktackle is an unknown quantity at this point

The ranking system doesn need improvement, it just ranks u on ur total points not wins and loses... Thats how it should be. Fist i agree in every aspect in ur point a 100% i belive that that will be added and the ranking system will be fixed in the future.
blocktackle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 06:48 PM   #4
blockattack
SFO Admin

Tournaments Joined: 3
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1180
blockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to all
Visit blockattack's Facebook Visit blockattack's Twitter Visit blockattack's YouTube

*nice name*

The ranking system.. mmm..
I personally dont see why viewing the rank in game was removed.. but it doesnt really effect the game at all..

Need to contact blocky?
blockattack@streetfighteronline.com

blockattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 06:51 PM   #5
Blade

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 8
Blade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the rough

I mean when you first start Rank is the most important thing to you, always aiming for Rank 1. When everyone started Rank was significant, yet with it changing so rapidly and drastically in the sense that you could be Rank 2, 24 hours later be Rank 12 - people see it as pointless. I believe rather than points the Ranks should be adjusted in accordance to the number of wins and losses you have.

e.g.

Rank 1 Username W - 500 L - 91
Rank 2 Username W - 492 L - 102

And it's basically worked out by dividing the Loses by wins,

500 - 91 = 409

That way those who play more, and win more than they lose will be a higher rank than someone who plays Rank 1 5 times, beats them then are Rank 3 with 10 wins and 0 losses.

I believe I've answered all the questions..
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 06:59 PM   #6
blockattack
SFO Admin

Tournaments Joined: 3
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1180
blockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to all
Visit blockattack's Facebook Visit blockattack's Twitter Visit blockattack's YouTube

^^ Well damn to you to =/

But you have explained the ranking system to alot of ppl that didnt know.

Need to contact blocky?
blockattack@streetfighteronline.com

blockattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 07:01 PM   #7
Blade

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 8
Blade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (blockattack @ Feb. 16 2007,23:59)]^^ Well damn to you to =/

But you have explained the ranking system to alot of ppl that didnt know.
Lol..and so he returns?

Well some people don't understand how it works, so I thought that I might as well and explain it, somewhat
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 08:20 PM   #8
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 776
TitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for the feedback, and Blocktackle, I understood how the rank system worked. * That's why I said it keeps track of your wins and losses. I Didn't say that's how the ranks are averaged.

Nyah!, that idea I hadn't thought of. Ranks based on what modes you play.

Blade, maybe it will be changed to wins/losses averaging. If enough people felt that it needed changing it could happen.

Blockattack..... * You've returned from the other side. IDK why it was removed from chat either.

Click Here to Vote for the Storm Dream Goal.
TitaniumFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 09:25 PM   #9
luis000
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 20
luis000 is an unknown quantity at this point

well rank does mean much in this time because i guess it is easy to become the rank 1
why don't know......
but you know rank is only numbers the skills that player's have are beyond any rank

luis000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 10:24 PM   #10
Cwing
SECTION 1 & 2

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 2648
Cwing is a jewel in the roughCwing is a jewel in the roughCwing is a jewel in the roughCwing is a jewel in the roughCwing is a jewel in the roughCwing is a jewel in the roughCwing is a jewel in the roughCwing is a jewel in the roughCwing is a jewel in the roughCwing is a jewel in the roughCwing is a jewel in the rough

I think it should go back to the win to lose ration again, instead of the point system.
Cwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 09:03 AM   #11
~RD~Onslaught
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
~RD~Onslaught is an unknown quantity at this point

The rank system now looks totally fine to me.
74.94% (4083 w 1365 l)
Onslaughtpower
77.31% (2082 w 611 l)
Gunz Record
login:[RB]-E-Style | lvl51 | k/d% 5449/2410 (69.33%)
~RD~Onslaught is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 10:42 AM   #12
ryuishero
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
ryuishero is an unknown quantity at this pointryuishero is an unknown quantity at this pointryuishero is an unknown quantity at this pointryuishero is an unknown quantity at this pointryuishero is an unknown quantity at this pointryuishero is an unknown quantity at this pointryuishero is an unknown quantity at this pointryuishero is an unknown quantity at this pointryuishero is an unknown quantity at this pointryuishero is an unknown quantity at this pointryuishero is an unknown quantity at this point

II think rank feature it's a very special features. I mean it alows you tosee your rank and display's your most favourate character as well. I think it's fine the way it is.

I mean compared to other online games they don't even match.

Updated for DWX Sentinel's: http://www.freewebs.com/shinkuuhadoken/
ryuishero is offline   Reply With Quote