SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > Street Fighter Online > New Features

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[ DW Ryu Winners ] system4 General Discussion 66 12-14-2010 04:50 PM
Display your sigs here. -Kenshi- Banners, Avatars and Images 5 09-12-2010 02:58 PM
Display our ign instead of character name sithlord_11 New Features 35 05-18-2006 04:48 PM

Old 03-01-2012, 06:37 PM   #1
-Elite_Ken-
EVIP

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 77
-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough
Default Winners Name Display.

Ok so ill keep this a little short;

So as I logged into SFO,...what is this? Random News Nuggets? Sweet -.-

Oh hmm a New tourney Being hosted? Nice, time to join...

But wait, wouldn't it be cool to have the names of past tourney winners (For tourneys with 16+ People ONLY!), like we did for WWT? Even If it's for just 1 week or 3 days.

Possible or too much trouble?
Old 03-02-2012, 12:19 AM   #2
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 776
TitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Winners Name Display.

Too much trouble.** Tell me why you think putting winner names on the front page (for tournaments that are not as renowned as WWT) is a good idea. And by 'past' how far back would you go? Right now we're working with the present, and future.

We've been updating the game's loading news page with Random Nuggets since November 24, 2011, actually. Some times more frequently than others. The hope is it will help boost activity in-game and on the forum. Perhaps it's working.

All info is gathered, then passed along to TMyApp who updates the news page ASAP. We also try to keep things up-to-date.

Between 11/24/2011 and today, we've run the following news items at various times, for days or weeks at a time:

-New fansite news: Launch of HadoCorp, SDC, and revamp of ZG (in order to steer users toward the new sites as the most notable, UG, died.)

-TMC News: LBNF and HFC dev/hype news, Onslaught Pizza still active. Sadly, we didn't get to update LBNF launch news.

Tournament News: All WWT5 updates, TOC news, Machine Warfare, return of weekly tournaments, Undecided Champion, INFAMOUS 2, Unrivaled King, Battle Dome, Episode IV: Neo Era.

-Forum news: 2011 SFO Awards, 2 v 1 mode, Hide opponent selection, Sync loss timer, Re-picking character option

** It seems like too much trouble to me, but it is not impossible. It's easy, if someone keeps track. We don't discriminate between which tourney gets a spot on the front page. As long as it's on the forum, and is properly marked for registration, it goes up ASAP. Even if it isn't going to be completed (as many aren't), we try to give every host's tournament a bump, which in turn, hopefully, boosts activity. However, the only time we announced winners was for WWTV. A suggestion made by Mr. xfaderx.

Information displayed on the main page has to be gathered (by me) and forwarded to TMyApp. I don't really keep track of who wins and loses non-mod tournaments. If this is going to work, someone will need to do that: keep track of winners, and keep me updated. If you're up to it, that person can be you. Anyone willing to help is welcome, staff or not.

Likewise, if users make requests via the CAM forum, we would consider them.

Click Here to Vote for the Storm Dream Goal.

Last edited by TitaniumFist; 03-02-2012 at 12:27 AM.
TitaniumFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 12:23 AM   #3
Cwing
SECTION 1 & 2

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 2648
Cwing is a jewel in the roughCwing is a jewel in the roughCwing is a jewel in the roughCwing is a jewel in the roughCwing is a jewel in the roughCwing is a jewel in the roughCwing is a jewel in the roughCwing is a jewel in the roughCwing is a jewel in the roughCwing is a jewel in the roughCwing is a jewel in the rough

Bump the number to 32 participants and we wouldn't consider this a hassle and actually do it. o.O
Cwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 07:40 AM   #4
-Elite_Ken-
EVIP

Post Thanks / Like
-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough

OK I see.

I had the impression that any Admin (Sys Op Really) can do it themselves, Was hoping it wasn't a TMyApp only thing, but to answer things;

1. Yeah Nice compramise Cwing, with 32+ Participant Tourneys, it should be less of a hassle.

2. And the reason I said It should be done, was because If a list of tourneys are being posted in the News page. Then it is only fair that we announce who won.

So Hey I could definitively go about and gather the information ever Week or 2 Weeks (Up to you) for all 32+ Participant Tourneys and Get it to you around Thursdays, so that way it can hopefully make it on by Saturday of that Weekend.

Because I think members would love to see their name right there on SFO News page after winning a challenging tournament.
Old 03-02-2012, 08:17 AM   #5
flamesz
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
flamesz has a spectacular aura aboutflamesz has a spectacular aura aboutflamesz has a spectacular aura aboutflamesz has a spectacular aura aboutflamesz has a spectacular aura aboutflamesz has a spectacular aura aboutflamesz has a spectacular aura aboutflamesz has a spectacular aura aboutflamesz has a spectacular aura aboutflamesz has a spectacular aura aboutflamesz has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicken_wing View Post
Bump the number to 32 participants and we wouldn't consider this a hassle and actually do it. o.O
bruh you been missing in action for some time now but I know you can see what I do we never had 32 members join any tourney yet and stay activite that the real problem & the new rule about prizes for tourneys make it hard to get good prizes without having that many members

*note that events get better prizes out than tourneys*

Facts look how many people sigin up for NWOTA4&WWT5 and how many that really played and look at murder tourney still not pass the first round

this was made my west thanks man i am mr.juggy
<ITheIGreenIGuysI>
^ In respect to ug.
Achievement
EliteVIP
C.O.W first place winner
V.I.P 1st place winner
NWOTA4 2nd place winner
2xtimes bunny event winner
L.B.N.F 3rd place winner
FreedomFighter winner
XB champion

[ Signature Too Long\Big. Decrease Size . Do not remove this reminder till you do - YoureGonnaLuvMe ]
flamesz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 01:46 PM   #6
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

random fact...
sometimes we do list the winners.
exemple of the finalist both appearing in random news nugget WWT5
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 01:57 PM   #7
LadyChamp
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 175
LadyChamp is a jewel in the roughLadyChamp is a jewel in the roughLadyChamp is a jewel in the roughLadyChamp is a jewel in the roughLadyChamp is a jewel in the roughLadyChamp is a jewel in the roughLadyChamp is a jewel in the roughLadyChamp is a jewel in the roughLadyChamp is a jewel in the roughLadyChamp is a jewel in the roughLadyChamp is a jewel in the rough
Visit LadyChamp's Twitter

I remeber a while back there was an list of tourney winnners but this was a long time ago im not sure if its still there but i dont see nuthin wrong with this idea.
LadyChamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 12:48 AM   #8
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 776
TitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of light

Okay. TMyApp is fine with running winner names of smaller tourneys. So, I'm fine with it.

EK, I'm designating you and PaChicken since you both stepped up. Keep us updated, and we'll keep TMy updated, and in turn, winners will get some front page glory. Links to winner threads, winning IGNs (not forum names) all in a nice list.

However, a number of things must be decided:

-Run the names monthly or bi-weekly (monthly sounds better to me)
-Retroactive glory? (If so, how far back?) (beginning of the year at max., beginning of february at min.)
-Present and future glory only?

Once that is settled, updates can be made.

Click Here to Vote for the Storm Dream Goal.
TitaniumFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 07:46 AM   #9
-Elite_Ken-
EVIP

Post Thanks / Like

Ok Great.

-Well monthly does sound great although I was thinking Bi-weekly. But lets be honest that a tourney doesn't end every 2 weeks. So It would be monthly no matter what for the most case. So let's do monthly and If in the far future The tourney completion rate Speeds Up...then we could adjust accordingly.

-Monthly It is

-For the Sake of Hassles, let's take it From Present to Future.

So yes, Will keep you updated.
Old 03-03-2012, 02:44 PM   #10
ItachiForever

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 336
ItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the rough
Visit ItachiForever's YouTube
Thumbs up Re: Winners Name Display.

Hey can i help with this also,?
Old 10-27-2012, 10:33 PM   #11
LuXv
BANNED BY: TMyApp

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 768
LuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really nice
Visit LuXv's Twitter

Whha... @ Aero

CoW Nv2 had more than 32 Players.
LuXv is offline   Reply With Quote