SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > NON-SFO Related > General

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
World Warrior V (My Thoughts, Re-Cap, Play By Play) DanteP General Comments & Strategies 25 12-22-2011 05:15 PM
[GAMES] New Bloody Roar Sequel!? HadokenFreak General 14 10-05-2011 10:27 PM
Fan Edited Video: MAN OF STEEL Sequel DwAyN3 General 6 12-17-2010 11:29 AM
The Great Depression: The sequel maddogg223 General 11 04-06-2008 05:57 PM
Blue steel ! rvca Banners, Avatars and Images 5 03-10-2007 05:05 PM

Old 08-23-2013, 01:07 AM   #1
ZeroUnlim
SFO Patriot

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 74
ZeroUnlim is a jewel in the roughZeroUnlim is a jewel in the roughZeroUnlim is a jewel in the roughZeroUnlim is a jewel in the roughZeroUnlim is a jewel in the roughZeroUnlim is a jewel in the roughZeroUnlim is a jewel in the roughZeroUnlim is a jewel in the roughZeroUnlim is a jewel in the roughZeroUnlim is a jewel in the roughZeroUnlim is a jewel in the rough
Visit ZeroUnlim's YouTube
Default Ben Affleck to play Batman in Man Of Steel sequel

I am in pain.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-207_162-...-steel-sequel/
Old 08-23-2013, 01:12 AM   #2
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice
Default Re: Ben Affleck to play Batman in Man Of Steel sequel

Sorry but ben afleck is a great actor. ever since i saw him play in daredevil, great role of his, he played an excellant matt murdock. i also saw him in Paycheck where he totally kicked ass. i have no problem thinking he's gonna be a great bruce wayne and still have the guts of being batman.

that said, im wondering about the whole voice over.
to take nathan fillion line when asked for it... "I dont think my voice would survive such a low pitch."
i dont think ben would either.
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 01:18 AM   #3
ZeroUnlim
SFO Patriot

Post Thanks / Like
ZeroUnlim is a jewel in the roughZeroUnlim is a jewel in the roughZeroUnlim is a jewel in the roughZeroUnlim is a jewel in the roughZeroUnlim is a jewel in the roughZeroUnlim is a jewel in the roughZeroUnlim is a jewel in the roughZeroUnlim is a jewel in the roughZeroUnlim is a jewel in the roughZeroUnlim is a jewel in the roughZeroUnlim is a jewel in the rough

Ben Affleck over Christian Bale as Batman?

There is no argument that could possibly persuade me to like this. :C
Old 08-23-2013, 02:38 AM   #4
xfaderx
SECTION 1 & 2

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1671
xfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of light
Visit xfaderx's YouTube

ugh... i'd rather see Tobey Maguire play Spiderman again than sit through Affleck as batman

bring back Val Kilmer...
xfaderx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 04:41 AM   #5
killerdude10
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 23
killerdude10 has a spectacular aura aboutkillerdude10 has a spectacular aura aboutkillerdude10 has a spectacular aura aboutkillerdude10 has a spectacular aura aboutkillerdude10 has a spectacular aura aboutkillerdude10 has a spectacular aura aboutkillerdude10 has a spectacular aura aboutkillerdude10 has a spectacular aura aboutkillerdude10 has a spectacular aura aboutkillerdude10 has a spectacular aura aboutkillerdude10 has a spectacular aura about
Visit killerdude10's Facebook

Christian Bale already said that he won't play Batman again.
Not so sure about Ben Affleck though. To me, he doesn't have personality to play Bruce Wayne. He was OK as Daredevil but this is Bruce Wayne we're talking about. I wanted John Hamm to play Bruce Wayne. He is tall, looks like Bruce Wayne, has the perfect chin and has a great voice and last but not least, a great actor. Apparently, he is too old since he is in his 40's.
However, if they ever decided to make Dark Knight Returns with Bruce in his 50s. They won't find anyone better than him.

killerdude10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 04:50 AM   #6
Liger Zero
SECTION 1 & 2

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 6427
Liger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really nice

*tries to hold emotions*

Christian Bale turned down 100 million to play batman again so its obvious he wont be batman.

Ben Affleck........

what can I say about Ben Affleck......

I mean he isnt a bad Director.....

The Town was pretty decent.....

His acting is.....

*goes into rant mode*

Ok so here it goes. Ben Affleck is probably the one actor I hate more than anybody in hollywood why? because he is a terrible freakin actor I mean this guy is aweful. His buddy who he grew up with Matt Damon is a good actor but Ben is just a bad bad bad bad actor and you wanna know why I say this?

He has no range what so ever no range at all. He acts the same in every damn movie Ive seen him in and he does those same very annoying and not cool manerisms in every film he does. He was the worst Daredevil Ive ever seen not bashing you Karma or saying youre wrong cause it is your opinion but to me it was the worst Daredevil movie ever created on the face of this planet.

He has the most annoying crying ever on film with his high pitched screachy sound he does. He did it in 4 different films and im like wanting to rip my ears out when I freakin hear it. He most is most remembered for doing it in Armageddon and Pearl Harbor. There is only 3 movies I can even stand to watch this guy in at all and those movies are Paycheck, Good Will Hunting, and The Town. That is it as far as his movies go other than that I just cannot stand his acting its so bad its almost near Soap Opera bad.

Now he is going to play Batman which dont be surprised he was actually up for the role of Batman in the past and this may surprise you but Kevin Smith was going to cast him as Superman in his Superman movie many years ago that never happened. Now its safe to say the worst Batman is Ben Affleck and they havent even freakin made the damn movie. I have so much rage going through me about this that Im about to just completely stop watching Comic Films.

Man of Steel was aweful anyway why in the hell did it need a sequel. Jesus Christ hollywoood get your stuff together before I end up going nuts and put in a straight jacket and come out acting like Micheal Keaton from the Dream Team.
Liger Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 06:30 AM   #7
killerdude10
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
killerdude10 has a spectacular aura aboutkillerdude10 has a spectacular aura aboutkillerdude10 has a spectacular aura aboutkillerdude10 has a spectacular aura aboutkillerdude10 has a spectacular aura aboutkillerdude10 has a spectacular aura aboutkillerdude10 has a spectacular aura aboutkillerdude10 has a spectacular aura aboutkillerdude10 has a spectacular aura aboutkillerdude10 has a spectacular aura aboutkillerdude10 has a spectacular aura about

Man of Steel wasn't awful :S It was the best Superman movie in recent times.

Anyways, this guy just said whatever I wanted to say about Ben Affleck being Batman.

Old 08-23-2013, 11:46 AM   #8
masterbob
Old Skool Gamer

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 54
masterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nice

Christian Bale's batman voice though
Old 08-23-2013, 12:20 PM   #9
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

Christian Bale never was offered the money to play batman.
Warner Bros denied those rumors.

Christian Bale said he was done with batman, the only exception he would make for it, would be if Nolan asked him to do it, which nolan didn't because he didn't want "HIS" batman tot he be the justice league one saying that his batman was more edgy, more human like. as in made for a world without super powers, had he known since the beginning that justice league was their goal, we'd have gotten a way different batman then he did.

bottom line, forget everything you know about batman.
those pre conception are what you're gonna live by, then go ahead pity whoever you want. but your batman is gone, it was made for a trilogy only. deal with it the same way i had to deal with tobey mcguire being replaced by andrew garfield.

i said what i had to say about ben, not gonna repeat myself.

i was hoping for ties too though, having say gordon levitt playing batman. but oh well !
if they chose ben afleck it is for a reason, after all they dont choose an actor just because they want to, they choose their actor based on how they performed. reguardless of what you think only a very selected few actually choose their films. and i doubt ben afleck is one of those.
Old 08-23-2013, 12:54 PM   #10
Liger Zero
SECTION 1 & 2

Post Thanks / Like
Liger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerdude10 View Post
Man of Steel wasn't awful :S It was the best Superman movie in recent times.

Anyways, this guy just said whatever I wanted to say about Ben Affleck being Batman.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0QWdnhW9jM
Read my review in my movies topic.

Also you can only say that because its literally the 2nd Superman movie made in recent times with Returns just happening to be one of the worst ever made. Again Superman doesnt kill or let people die and that will be and always will be one of my main arguements for that crap. Also the Uncle Ben syndrom. Paul didnt freakin die in some silly accident he grew old and died naturally.
Old 08-23-2013, 03:59 PM   #11
ZeroUnlim
SFO Patriot

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liger Zero View Post
*tries to hold emotions*

Christian Bale turned down 100 million to play batman again so its obvious he wont be batman.

Ben Affleck........

His acting is.....

*goes into rant mode*

Ok so here it goes. Ben Affleck is probably the one actor I hate more than anybody in hollywood why? because he is a terrible freakin actor I mean this guy is aweful. His buddy who he grew up with Matt Damon is a good actor but Ben is just a bad bad bad bad actor and you wanna know why I say this?

He has no range what so ever no range at all. He acts the same in every damn movie Ive seen him in and he does those same very annoying and not cool manerisms in every film he does. He was the worst Daredevil Ive ever seen not bashing you Karma or saying youre wrong cause it is your opinion but to me it was the worst Daredevil movie ever created on the face of this planet.

He has the most annoying crying ever on film with his high pitched screachy sound he does. He did it in 4 different films and im like wanting to rip my ears out when I freakin hear it. He most is most remembered for doing it in Armageddon and Pearl Harbor. There is only 3 movies I can even stand to watch this guy in at all and those movies are Paycheck, Good Will Hunting, and The Town. That is it as far as his movies go other than that I just cannot stand his acting its so bad its almost near Soap Opera bad.

Now he is going to play Batman which dont be surprised he was actually up for the role of Batman in the past and this may surprise you but Kevin Smith was going to cast him as Superman in his Superman movie many years ago that never happened. Now its safe to say the worst Batman is Ben Affleck and they havent even freakin made the damn movie. I have so much rage going through me about this that Im about to just completely stop watching Comic Films.

Man of Steel was aweful anyway why in the hell did it need a sequel. Jesus Christ hollywoood get your stuff together before I end up going nuts and put in a straight jacket and come out acting like Micheal Keaton from the Dream Team.
You almost pieced together everything I've been thinking in one post.

How I love you Liger_Zero.

And Karma, I don't mean to bash you either, but Ben Affleck even admitted that he didn't like the Daredevil movie, and his acting was horrible.

http://screencrush.com/ben-affleck-hates-daredevil/

Duddee, I know it's not possible, but I can't stand to see anybody else in Batman's role besides Christian Bale. It's just not right. It's not right!
Old 08-23-2013, 10:45 PM   #12
jasonthekidd11

Post Thanks / Like
jasonthekidd11 will become famous soon enoughjasonthekidd11 will become famous soon enoughjasonthekidd11 will become famous soon enoughjasonthekidd11 will become famous soon enoughjasonthekidd11 will become famous soon enoughjasonthekidd11 will become famous soon enoughjasonthekidd11 will become famous soon enoughjasonthekidd11 will become famous soon enoughjasonthekidd11 will become famous soon enoughjasonthekidd11 will become famous soon enoughjasonthekidd11 will become famous soon enough

To be fair, Heath Ledger was underestimated and is arguable the best Joker.

Ben, Snyder and Nolan ( executive producer). Anyone got educated guesses on the villain?

7/7/7
11/11/11
jasonthekidd11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 11:51 PM   #13
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

ZeroUnlim, he said he wasn't liking how he played it, and seriously...
you guys are even further gone then you think..
hes probably also directing Justice League movie.

want me to tell you how many people were said not to be good as certain characters...
Chris evans for captain america, not after fantastic four.
Heath Ledger for the joker, not after all the girly movie he did.
Tobey Mcguire as spiderman, seriously, from pleansant vill to spiderman ?!!

want me to go on...
the only reason you love christian bale better is that you loved the movie to the most and now you dont want to see another thing without him. thats not how the world works. because if it did then its not bale who would of been batman, it would of been michael keaton which was the greatest batman ever.

again, in this kind of movie, they dont pick anybody just because they want to. they picked him up cause he played the part right. may you like it or not, he got chosen because he played right. otherwise they'd have taken someone else.

get that thru your head, if they get picked, thats because the cast who chose him saw him play it and decided he was the best choice.
Old 08-24-2013, 08:22 AM   #14
Liger Zero
SECTION 1 & 2

Post Thanks / Like

I Prefer Keaton and Kilmer over Bale. I still love how Kilmer commented on Batman Begins and was like "That was the movie I thought we were making instead it was almost a silly comedy of sorts".

I know a lot of actors were underestimated for certain movies but people forget the tons of other movies were people wernt underestimated and did fail.

Honestly I didnt really see much backlash over Evans as Captain America other than he wasnt bulked up enough for the role which he easily got bulked up for it.

The arguements were Heath and Ill admit I didnt think he would be a good Joker is probably your best example. He went from lovey dub movies to The Dark Knight and the moment the Trailer hit everyones Jaw dropped.

There are instances where a movie is aweful yet I liked the actor playing a certain character. G.I. Joe was aweful but Ray Park was perfect as Snake Eyes. Spawn was an aweful aweful movie but Michael Jai White fit Spawn. X men Origins Wolverine was aweful but Ryan Reynolds was a perfect choice for Deadpool. These movies were badly written.

Ben Affleck to me is just a bad actor. He can overact on you in a heartbeat and make some of the funniest facial expressions ever. His crying scenes are cringe worthy and his acting as a whole gets no better. I can just imagine Batman now with a Boston accent. Even in the movies I liked with him he still brought the movie down. In Good Will Hunting he was annoying at some points. In The Town there were moments I wanted him to shut up. In Paycheck lets face it, it was only good because the entire movie never took itself seriously and thats why it succeeded.
Old 08-24-2013, 06:02 PM   #15
DwAyN3
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 85
DwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura about

Yea, i don't think Ben Affleck is a bad actor. Just because he had career low 2001-2004 ? Daredevil was just a horrible movie i don't blame Affleck for that one his acting wasn't bad. But Gigli and Reindeer Games were pretty terrible, script and acting wise. Still those movies i posted above came out a long time ago and i don't think Ben Affleck isn't one of those guys that's going to make the same mistake again just look at his movie history from 04. The guy apologzied just like Clooney did with Batman and Robin took a break came back directing and acting in his own movies and rebuilding his image.

Did you guys even see, Argo, Chasing Amy, Good Will Hunting, State Of Play, The Town, Hollywoodland, The Company Men, even his small role in The Boiler Room was pretty badass.

Everytime they annonuce anything people are going to hate it. Both Tobey maguire and Andrew garfield as Spiderman some people didn't like the idea. Bale as batman people didn't like that idea either and especially Heath Leadger as The Joker i was like really the guy from 10 things i hate about you, and A Knights TaleBale

to me is a better actor than Affleck, but what can Bale do that he can't as Batman.

now a days with the huge fan base for these superhero type movies actors by now should realise how important they are and how it and how it can help there career. Ben Afflect wont make the same mistake here.

Last edited by DwAyN3; 08-24-2013 at 06:09 PM.
DwAyN3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 12:13 AM   #16
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

You guys have to think back on some of the info we got...

first of all, ben afleck was supposed to direct man of steel. he turned down the job.
now they reask him again for man of steel two, he takes the time to think about it and then say yes and then we hear that he might direct and probably will. direct Justice league the movie. Hes also a super friend of kevin smith who had to write superman returns back then. all linked up,m maybe not, maybe yes.

also as the actor part, everyone is entitled to their opinions.
i remember far too well all the ocmmentaries on imdb and other websites about chris evans as captain america, sorry but all the hate was about him playing it as johnny storm. captain america was everything but johnny storm. so yeah there was a lot of ruckus there. Also, Anne hathaway as catwomen... seriously catwomen, from a girl who did only knights and roses type of movies before hitting catwomen and getting the stardom she has now. nolan, which is actually a big part of the project, knows whats hes doing. and he like to put people to the front row. if hes ok with afleck, then its alright with me.

not saying hes always right, he could be failing here, but to say afleck is a bad choice, is actually the same as saying nolan made a bad choice, and if nolan made a bad choice, so did zack snyder who also had a choice int he matter. so basically, either its a group fail, or they know something you dont. in either case. its not just about ben afleck as batman.

thats why im giving their a chance at this...
becaus ei dont think nolan nor zack made bad choices, i believe in them.
Old 08-25-2013, 12:34 AM   #17
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 776
TitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of light

When I first heard he got it and not Karl Urban...I was like...you're joking? So I checked, and no, bro wasn't joking. It was easy to see a lot of people would crack open their bottles of Haterade and chug furiously, eyes twitching the whole time.

I didn't get it myself. Wasn't mad, was just...shocked. But it makes enough sense.

The most obvious thing is that the plan is to make a clean break from Nolan/Bale Batman, and to accomplish Justice League. The two (Nolan/Bale and Justice League were never going to be able to go together. Karma, don't mean to repeat ya, but it's kind of surprising many didn't see this...)

The intent seems clear to go the opposite of dark. Affleck doesn't do dark very well.

Because I don't read the comics much anymore (nor did I ever read them much, though the other media I followed), I'd like someone to actually name specific things, traits, characteristics that a Batman (not Nolan's Batman) being geared for Justice League needs that Affleck doesn't have/canít portray.

I think it's simply a case of not liking the guy. Which is understandable, but just admit it. Liger's gone as far as to say he's annoying, at least.

There are plenty of actors I don't like - Ryan Gosling's one of 'em. He's an android. Human emotion just doesn't translate on-screen when I watch this guy. He doesn't come across as likable, and comes off as off-kilter, to say the least. Not at all fair, but the way it is.

He was rumored as a Bruce/Batman choice - sure, he could play the Nolan/Bale/Dark Batman, but he'd honestly make a better Joker. He's also got a screechy, pitchy voice (you ever hear him yell? =/ ) but I don't doubt folks would make an allowance for him as Batman because they like him and see something in him that I don't.

Sometimes it's like that. You just have to give an actor a chance. Comic book films are not sacred. The Batman franchise has been done so many times already that, hell, let them do something different. We can never have something as bad as Schumacher/Clooney Ė and people love Clooney.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJKarma View Post
Sorry but ben afleck is a great actor. ever since i saw him play in daredevil, great role of his, he played an excellant matt murdock. i also saw him in Paycheck where he totally kicked ass. i have no problem thinking he's gonna be a great bruce wayne and still have the guts of being batman.

that said, im wondering about the whole voice over.
to take nathan fillion line when asked for it... "I dont think my voice would survive such a low pitch."
i dont think ben would either.
Not great, but good, and he's grown and learned with age. That and he's likable. Likability goes a long way on-screen.

Quote:
*tries to hold emotions*

Ben Affleck........

His acting is.....

*goes into rant mode*

Batman's going to be crying?

You are overreacting, and it seems you mostly just donít like Ben/he annoys you. (See my annoyance with Gosling). I agree his range isnít very complex, but dude, itís Batman.

I hate how Cavill's voice goes all high-pitched, too. Every movie I've seen him in before MoS - high-pitched screech. Same thing in MoS, but he pulled it off. Much better than Routh, more "human", less wooden.

I didn't really like the movie (Man of Steel), there were many idiotic moments in the film, and it lacked a lot of heart and soul. It ran on adrenaline, action, Zimmer's score, stylishness (looked and felt very sleek, but lacked actual substance), and finally letting folks see the power of Superman in the modern era.

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterbob View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOg3ZE3hNQc

Christian Bale's batman voice though
Lol. I've actually never seen that.

Quote:
Christian Bale never was offered the money to play batman.
Warner Bros denied those rumors.

Christian Bale said he was done with batman, the only exception he would make for it, would be if Nolan asked him to do it, which nolan didn't because he didn't want "HIS" batman tot he be the justice league one saying that his batman was more edgy, more human like. as in made for a world without super powers, had he known since the beginning that justice league was their goal, we'd have gotten a way different batman then he did.

bottom line, forget everything you know about batman.
those pre conception are what you're gonna live by, then go ahead pity whoever you want. but your batman is gone, it was made for a trilogy only. deal with it the same way i had to deal with tobey mcguire being replaced by andrew garfield.

i said what i had to say about ben, not gonna repeat myself.

i was hoping for ties too though, having say gordon levitt playing batman. but oh well !
if they chose ben afleck it is for a reason, after all they dont choose an actor just because they want to, they choose their actor based on how they performed. reguardless of what you think only a very selected few actually choose their films. and i doubt ben afleck is one of those.
Yes. Mostly this. I remember all the complaints about the above actors, and how most if not all of them vanished once the trailers and films hit. I don't see a reason not to give him a chance. If he/it fails, then he/it fails.
Though I didnít have a problem with Garfield when it was announced at all. He turned out to be a good Spidey, I just didnít like his Parker (went from a decent Peter to doing weird stuff with his face that made him come off like a serial-killer in the making. ďGo to sleep, Aunt May!Ē)

Quote:
Read my review in my movies topic.

Also you can only say that because its literally the 2nd Superman movie made in recent times with Returns just happening to be one of the worst ever made. Again Superman doesnt kill or let people die and that will be and always will be one of my main arguements for that crap. Also the Uncle Ben syndrom. Paul didnt freakin die in some silly accident he grew old and died naturally.
Dude. I am always okay with the films changing something if it works and makes sense in the film universe, but that was one of the stupidest things in the film. Spoilers for those who havenít seen it below...

It would've made so much more sense for him to simply choose to save Pa Kent, symbolizing the choice he will later make, again and again, to put himself in harms way to save a life.

Sure, he can argue about it afterwards when they get home, maybe it's what drives him to leave the house/get out on his own, but later on, Pa Kent will know he made the right choice.

Who was going to stop Clark from saving him? Yeah...no one. Pa Kent's rationale made sense to him, but I wanted to see Clark make a choice of his own. Both his dad's kind of just told him what to do and he did it.

"Hide your powers, son."

"Okay."

"Use your powers and wear this suit, son."

"Okay."

It's even more idiotic that it had to be Kevin Costner. Costner gets eaten by a twister. The hell? I'm growing increasingly tired of films adding great talent to films in miniscule (often stupid) roles only to support a thin plot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonthekidd11 View Post
To be fair, Heath Ledger was underestimated and is arguable the best Joker.

Ben, Snyder and Nolan ( executive producer). Anyone got educated guesses on the villain?
This.

And Iíd say Luthor is a safe bet, but likely there will be others.

Quote:
want me to tell you how many people were said not to be good as certain characters...
Chris evans for captain america, not after fantastic four.
Heath Ledger for the joker, not after all the girly movie he did.
Tobey Mcguire as spiderman, seriously, from pleansant vill to spiderman ?!!

want me to go on...
the only reason you love christian bale better is that you loved the movie to the most and now you dont want to see another thing without him. thats not how the world works. because if it did then its not bale who would of been batman, it would of been michael keaton which was the greatest batman ever.

again, in this kind of movie, they dont pick anybody just because they want to. they picked him up cause he played the part right. may you like it or not, he got chosen because he played right. otherwise they'd have taken someone else.

get that thru your head, if they get picked, thats because the cast who chose him saw him play it and decided he was the best choice.
Mostly this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwAyN3 View Post
Yea, i don't think Ben Affleck is a bad actor. Just because he had career low 2001-2004 ? Daredevil was just a horrible movie i don't blame Affleck for that one his acting wasn't bad. But Gigli and Reindeer Games were pretty terrible, script and acting wise. Still those movies i posted above came out a long time ago and i don't think Ben Affleck isn't one of those guys that's going to make the same mistake again just look at his movie history from 04. The guy apologzied just like Clooney did with Batman and Robin took a break came back directing and acting in his own movies and rebuilding his image.

Did you guys even see, Argo, Chasing Amy, Good Will Hunting, State Of Play, The Town, Hollywoodland, The Company Men, even his small role in The Boiler Room was pretty badass. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqDtf1aw818

Everytime they annonuce anything people are going to hate it. Both Tobey maguire and Andrew garfield as Spiderman some people didn't like the idea. Bale as batman people didn't like that idea either and especially Heath Leadger as The Joker i was like really the guy from 10 things i hate about you, and A Knights TaleBale

to me is a better actor than Affleck, but what can Bale do that he can't as Batman.

now a days with the huge fan base for these superhero type movies actors by now should realise how important they are and how it and how it can help there career. Ben Afflect wont make the same mistake here.
I've actually never watched all of Boiler Room. Good scene.

And everyone makes bad movies. Even the best. Denzel has made some stinkers of late, but even if itís his fault, I donít blame him.

Argo was amazing. Seen everything on your list but Chasing Amy. I think he did a good job in Sum of All Fears and ... what's the name of the one with him vs Sam Jackson? That one. Changing Lanes. Thatís it.

He's been getting better with age, the right role, and script.

And yo, don't knock A Knight's Tale.

Seriously, the guy was labeled from the time he hit the screen as a teen heartthrob. He deliberately took roles opposite of that (some of them terrible like that priest thing) to change that perception of what he was capable of.

Granted, Affleck does not have his range, but I think he'd make a fun Justice League Batman if he sticks around for those Ė and chances are he will. (If RDJ could do it for IronMan/Avengers, so can he. Iíve always felt the ageism in Hollywood for these kinds of flicks was absurd)

I for one want to have some fun possibly while watching Batman. Nolan's trilogy, while well-received, and well-made, was not very fun.

Hollywood likes to go with winning models, and the Avengers is the new superhero-team winning model. I have a suspicion theyíll model Snyder/Affleckís Batman on the IronMan model.

Click Here to Vote for the Storm Dream Goal.
TitaniumFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 05:20 AM   #18
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately, i dont think so...
ever noticed how DC comics have always gone the darker routes compared to marvel ?
fact is, DC has a much more mature theme then marvel ever did. i always loved marvel more because of their colorfull nature. but DC goes darker more often. they do come up with colorfull things. like superman for instance. but how many times did they ended up making it darker.

i'm guessing they are going the other way...
people all liked the new nolan bataman version, and the actual trend in super hero is all about real life. Marvel didn't like the whole real life super hero, thats not their ways of doing things. thats why with ironman they started breaking the mold that xmen has set them in. but when it comes to DC they dont have that luxury. they dont have disney to back them up. otherwise justice league would of been done long ago. after all, Green Lantern was their entry in Justice league world. but you've seen the results of that. though i liked the movie except for the whole parallax thing. its done they can't go behind that. thats also why they wanted nolan to get on the project, because his batman wa sliked and that was a better entry into it. but he efused to let that batman go for JL. after all he hadn'T created it and even said it, his batman was not justice league material. admitting himself that his version is too real-life for justice league.

i've bolded the important part here.
even nolan admitted batman needed to change to be justice league material.
that alone shows you why ben afleck was chosen. again though, with the way they made man of steel, i can't help but think that DC wants this "real life" super hero trend to continue. they also wanna ride that wave.

also gonna say that i've seen all superman movies including the super girl movie.
and my favorite of them all is the new superman. not removing anything about christopher reeves, he done a great job... but the scenarios weren'T all top notch. im not even starting on effects, back then it was cool for what it was. but this superman is still the best i've seen. i will admit there are parts that didn't feel right to me, the twister and pa kent is one of those making cringe. but to see that superman does things and that the huans tries with him at it. now thats what made this superman great. because the world wasn'T waiting on a hero. they were waiting on an ally and that was what superman was all about.

finishing on saying i loved brandon routh as superman. actually the movie was a great one. the only problem was, granted its a big major problem, they again gone for lex luthor and kryptonites. the rest was awesome not to mention its a sequel to the original 5 films. including super girl. i was joyfull to say the least when i heard the radio line say superman was in space.
but that is that and this is this. so im stopping there for that.

my point again and in short...
i'm pretty sure DC is gonna take the darker theme again. doing the inverse of the avengers.
but this is why i think it will fail in popularity against the avengers. but i dont think it will fail as a movie. batman and superman are iconic creatures. they are the DC universe al by themselves.
Old 08-25-2013, 06:01 AM   #19
killerdude10
VIP

Post Thanks / Like

People who hate on DC are people who never read their comics. There are a lot of ignorant Marvel fan boys out there who never miss an opportunity to put down DC. YES, Ben Affleck looks like a bad choice for Batman but you can never be too sure. This is what people said about Chris Evans playing as Captain America and he proved everyone wrong.

To me DC is much darker as Karma just stated. Just take The Blackest Night for example. Marvel is often too childish. Ofcorse Nolan's Batman isn't suitable for JL Batman because this Batman was established in a world without Super Heroes. Secondly, It was inspired for Frank Miller's Batman who is the worst Batman ever published. Batman isn't SLOW and LAZY. He is suppose to be quick and stealthy. He is suppose to do back flips and break bones of people breaking the law. He doesn't get his ass whooped by common street thugs. One thing that Nolans Batman was missing is that Batman has a sly sense of humor.It was missing in the Nolan Batman along with any hint of Batman's detective skills.I hated Dark Knight. Nolan ruined Batman for me with his stupid Trilogy and now that Nolan is going to be a part of JL project is what pisses me off.
I know this is an animation but this is how Batman WAS SUPPOSE TO FIGHT BANE! In TDKR he just went 1on1 with him in a knuckle fight and got his ass whooped. Where are the tactics? Batman is suppose to be prepared for anything.

Old 08-25-2013, 07:19 AM   #20
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

You do realise that batman did get his ass kicked often by bane.
you do realise bane actually broke the bat in half for 6 month batman was gone from the streets.
Sometimes i think people forget that batman wasn'T made to be super human in everything. yes he can fight super human beings, but never could he do it on par. reguardless batman always tryed to. because of one simple reasons. he's trying to push himself up and beat those people at their own games.

take him in any justice league, he tries to even the odds with Darkseid, even superman couldn'T take him down that easily. and i mean KO him ok. why would hatman even try with a suit of armor to fight a guy he knows he has no chances at ? because thats batman, trying to fight people on their ground, push himself to show them that he can.

so why would batman fight hands to hands with bane... exactly this reason !
batman lost countless times on bane. countless ribs broken later, he still goes back up and his proud to say i tryed but failed, next time i'll suceed.

the thing i ate the most in all movies is that everytime we see a bane fight we already know how its ognna end... batman cuts banes system and its over. nolans bane removed that entirely. bane could still fight with his mask off, breathing hard, pain all over, but could still fight. in any comics, they try to avoid that easy road because it would make for very very very very boring fight scenes, or no fight at all. you'd be seeing a detective comic (no pun intended) with no action. nobody wants that.

now the only thing that made me hate dark knight rise, is thalia al gul... perfect tillt he end where she reveals herself to be just a regular mad women without any skills. thats not talia... i wish batman could of gone a round against her after bane. but thats not all, bane being the puppy protecting his child was even worse. thats not bane at all. thats why i love the first two the most, the characters were true to themselves. the dark knight sucked becaus eof harvey dent, cool but he became 2 face and died like what. 15 minutes at the end. are you ****ing serious ?

the first batman, begins... was perfectly orchestrated.

Last edited by SSJKarma; 08-25-2013 at 07:22 AM.
Old 08-25-2013, 12:40 PM   #21
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 776
TitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of light

Karma, there was never a question of whether DC was darker than Marvel. It's always weird when you argue or correct points no one was arguing against, or making in the first place. (Also not sure why you're repeating yourself on Nolan's Bat being incompatible with Justice League: we never disagreed on this point. Did somone delete their post? Lol.)

For a Justice Leauge film things will lighten up, and they will likely borrow what worked for Avrngers. Overall, I expect a fun movie where the heroes chemistry together will be just as important as the plot. I do not want some deep, dark introspective narrative.

KD, the missing sense of humor is one of the reasons I think Ben will be fine. Was just telling someone how I never got a sense that he was 'the world's greatest detective' in the other film.

With regards to Batman being more ninja like, sometimes you have to blame the limitations of the human body in a restrictive costume.

Karma, Begins is a masterpiece.
It's also the last time I had fun in a Nolan Batman movie.

Click Here to Vote for the Storm Dream Goal.

Last edited by TitaniumFist; 08-25-2013 at 12:45 PM.
TitaniumFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 02:15 PM   #22
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

On the contrary TFist... the darker theme i was speaking about was about how man of steel started the justice league, does that even resembled avengers, nope it was more like nolans dark edgy style. my guess is that on the contrary to you, they wont be taking any avengers feel at all. that was my point about the darker theme of DC. if anything when DC does thing they seem to go the other way of marvel, making the inverse or something.

thats the only point i was making.
i dont think they will use any of the avengers style thing.
Old 08-25-2013, 02:16 PM   #23
DamnGRB

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 694
DamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura about

Marvel comics will always have better super heroes IMO so I don't care.
DamnGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 02:43 PM   #24
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

first of all, sorry for the revival of this...

second, hadn't read damn post.... seriously noooo, marvel have just as much good and bad super heroes.

and the third thing, the true one i wanted to say about all this...
something jason mewes told us at comic con this year. montreal comic con mind you. he was asked what he thought of ben afleck as batman. and i just love the answer he gave us, because its true. i think that on a whim he changed the whole crowds thinking with his reasoning.

he said something along the lines of...
batman is batman, mainly a stuntman with voice overs. except for the occasionnal removing of the mask, ben wont be in the batsuit that often. bruce Wayne is another thing and since he is used in playing such characters, i think he will nail that one easily.

and it led me to think yes, he's right on this.
and now i understand why they chose him.
gotta also remember that jay is a great friend of ben, ben played in all their movies of him and bob. at the exception of clerks.
but to be honest, he changed my mind on it all, i was giving him benefit of the doubts and still thought it was weird, now i just think its perfectly fine.
Old 10-08-2013, 06:37 PM   #25
masterbob
Old Skool Gamer

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 54
masterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nice

as long as he doesn't do christian bale voice