Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > NON-SFO Related > Links

Old 12-03-2013, 03:49 AM   #1
SolidSnake76
Master

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 3107
SolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Man lifts 538lbs.... then faints

Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted...

Elder Veteran (2001-2002)
SolidSnake76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 05:56 AM   #2
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice
Default Re: Man lifts 538lbs.... then faints

Funny how people are when it comes to those things...

He didn't actually lift it...
more like his legs lifted him and the arms just followed. but thats the problem, going over the limit and forcing your body like that... harsh man, harsh... its like those times when you wake up and suddently as you stand its like your blood rushes from top to the bottom leaving nothing at the top. you feel dizzy and sometimes leads to a black out. hapenned to me once, but i didn't faint. just fell back down on my bed, sitting and it got back together real fast.

poor man here pushed too far and now underrstand why he shouldn'T have.
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 11:00 AM   #3
Bonkah

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 117
Bonkah is an unknown quantity at this point

Karma he was doin a dead lift thats not really a arm workout it for your legs and lower back soo hes supposed to lift using your legs and the arm follows
Bonkah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 03:46 PM   #4
blockattack
SFO Admin

Tournaments Joined: 3
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1181
blockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to all
Visit blockattack's Facebook Visit blockattack's Twitter Visit blockattack's YouTube

Karma wouldnt know about weight training ;-)

But yeah.. passing out is common with that lift.

Need to contact blocky?
blockattack@streetfighteronline.com

blockattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 03:52 PM   #5
donkios
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 189
donkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura about

I threw up the first time i did deadlifts because I held my breath..

--------------------------------------------------------

donkios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 02:45 AM   #6
bloodpack
Super Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 37
bloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nice

it happens when the flow of oxygen/blood going into your brain gets interrupted

lifting weights and/or weight training should be done with the supervision of a health professional/trainers

you do it alone, you risk yourself of getting injured

Bump:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJKarma View Post
its like those times when you wake up and suddently as you stand its like your blood rushes from top to the bottom leaving nothing at the top. you feel dizzy and sometimes leads to a black out. hapenned to me once, but i didn't faint. just fell back down on my bed, sitting and it got back together real fast.
no kidding?!
happened to me a couple of years ago and sometimes on rare occassions
i was lying on bed, watching TV and then i abruptly stood up and then i felt dizzy, i collapsed, my eyes were open but somehow i couldnt move my body, like i kinda froze

it felt like my whole surrounding was spinning
it has something to do with my (orthostatic) blood pressure
next time, i need to condition myself than do rapid movements (all of a sudden)

Last edited by bloodpack; 12-04-2013 at 02:52 AM.
bloodpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 11:14 AM   #7
-Kenshi-

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 266
-Kenshi- has a spectacular aura about-Kenshi- has a spectacular aura about-Kenshi- has a spectacular aura about-Kenshi- has a spectacular aura about-Kenshi- has a spectacular aura about-Kenshi- has a spectacular aura about-Kenshi- has a spectacular aura about-Kenshi- has a spectacular aura about-Kenshi- has a spectacular aura about-Kenshi- has a spectacular aura about-Kenshi- has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by blockattack View Post
Karma wouldnt know about weight training ;-)

But yeah.. passing out is common with that lift.

.............Interesting thread here nice video.....carry on

*walks out*

" Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. - Bruce Lee
-------------------------------------------------------------

[ SFO Dream Goals] - [SFO LeaderBoard] - [ SFO 2.0 ]

-------------------------------------------------------------
-Kenshi- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 01:27 PM   #8
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

Block, i know a lot more then you actually think...

Quote:
Karma he was doin a dead lift thats not really a arm workout it for your legs and lower back soo hes supposed to lift using your legs and the arm follows
You're doing it wrong if you do that.
yes to go back to stand up position, your legs are gonna push up. but at the same time your arms are suppose to hold the weights and pull up to. in order for you to easily be able to go to that. otherwise the weight distribution is not right. and things can get catastrophic. its like you lifting a box from ground up, do you really think your legs are doing all the work ?

my training guy told me not to start weight training as it is muscle dependant. you need to have a lot of muscle control to actually do weight lifting right. otherwise the weight distribution could go either way and either way is bad to begin with.

now what he did here, is he tryed lifting it. his arms couldn't hold the charges and as such never lifted anything. the brain then tryed to compensate, force the muscle thru by sending more to them. in the end it drained the person entirely. the brain got not enough blood to run him and so chrashed down before any damage was done.

the same happens to runners who outrun their pace. i've seen it live in secondary 4. our teacher told us not to run beyond our limits, that it could get ugly. a girl started running, tryed to follow the other runners by running faster then her real limit. her body started to ache, she continued thru. her body started to really really really ache. she continued. then everything stopped. she fainted. her body tryed to tell her not to go forward with it, twice and yet she continued. the third time didn'T happen. someone pressed the emergency button and stopped everything.

the same is true about what they say about your body aching and continuing to do your thing... its not right. if your body aches like mad... STOP, you shouldn't be going further. if after doing weights or training your body aches for a week, then a week off you should take. let it repair itself. then once it stops aching you can go back to it.

those who will tell you to continu that aching is telling you it works, those guys are pushing way too far.

i started last week doing real weights thru machines...
yeah i could lift 40 easily on military press...
but could i do the whole 20... not at all... after the first 10 my arms were going dead. by dead i mean not even able to lift them back up. thats why beyond my limit at that point, i shouldn'T even be doing that.

same here, the guy was way beyond his limit.
hence why he fainted.
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 02:03 PM   #9
donkios
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
donkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura about

gtfo with your smith machine lifts

The guy got the weight. You can tell because he held it with his back straight and went down with CONTROL. It wasn't some bs deadlift where you go up and then let it drop to the floor. To say he's not lifting anything shows your lack of knowledge already.

I started lifting about 9 months ago btw so im not clueless

Last edited by donkios; 12-11-2013 at 02:08 PM.
Old 12-11-2013, 03:05 PM   #10
SolidSnake76
Master

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 3107
SolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJKarma View Post
Block, i know a lot more then you actually think...

You're doing it wrong if you do that.
yes to go back to stand up position, your legs are gonna push up. but at the same time your arms are suppose to hold the weights and pull up to. in order for you to easily be able to go to that. otherwise the weight distribution is not right. and things can get catastrophic. its like you lifting a box from ground up, do you really think your legs are doing all the work ?

my training guy told me not to start weight training as it is muscle dependant. you need to have a lot of muscle control to actually do weight lifting right. otherwise the weight distribution could go either way and either way is bad to begin with.

now what he did here, is he tryed lifting it. his arms couldn't hold the charges and as such never lifted anything. the brain then tryed to compensate, force the muscle thru by sending more to them. in the end it drained the person entirely. the brain got not enough blood to run him and so chrashed down before any damage was done.

the same happens to runners who outrun their pace. i've seen it live in secondary 4. our teacher told us not to run beyond our limits, that it could get ugly. a girl started running, tryed to follow the other runners by running faster then her real limit. her body started to ache, she continued thru. her body started to really really really ache. she continued. then everything stopped. she fainted. her body tryed to tell her not to go forward with it, twice and yet she continued. the third time didn'T happen. someone pressed the emergency button and stopped everything.

the same is true about what they say about your body aching and continuing to do your thing... its not right. if your body aches like mad... STOP, you shouldn't be going further. if after doing weights or training your body aches for a week, then a week off you should take. let it repair itself. then once it stops aching you can go back to it.

those who will tell you to continu that aching is telling you it works, those guys are pushing way too far.

i started last week doing real weights thru machines...
yeah i could lift 40 easily on military press...
but could i do the whole 20... not at all... after the first 10 my arms were going dead. by dead i mean not even able to lift them back up. thats why beyond my limit at that point, i shouldn'T even be doing that.

same here, the guy was way beyond his limit.
hence why he fainted.
you lift weights?

Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted...

Elder Veteran (2001-2002)
SolidSnake76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 02:24 AM   #11
Not On For Long

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 708
Not On For Long will become famous soon enoughNot On For Long will become famous soon enoughNot On For Long will become famous soon enoughNot On For Long will become famous soon enoughNot On For Long will become famous soon enoughNot On For Long will become famous soon enoughNot On For Long will become famous soon enoughNot On For Long will become famous soon enoughNot On For Long will become famous soon enoughNot On For Long will become famous soon enoughNot On For Long will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake76 View Post
you lift weights?
No, no he does not.

Not On For Long is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 02:28 AM   #12
bloodpack
Super Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 37
bloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nice

^she does
bloodpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 02:46 AM   #13
shad0wslayer
VIP

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1304
shad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the rough

Man y'all leave Karma alone. He had enough. No more trolling him for the rest of the year. Im sure you guys can manage that.

Achievements
Voted Best Chun li User
Rookie of the Year Runner Up
Voted 3rd Most Helpful Ambassador
Voted Most Active Forum User
3rd place Wolverine Tournament Champion
3rd place SDC tourney Champiop
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumFist View Post
Bahki is love; Bahki is life
shad0wslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 09:10 AM   #14
donkios
VIP

Post Thanks / Like

It's the other way around...

Old 12-12-2013, 08:16 PM   #15
LuXv
BANNED BY: TMyApp

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 768
LuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really nice
Visit LuXv's Twitter

^ FINALLY someone see it.

I thought I was the only one who figured thats what he is "unknowningly" doing.
LuXv is offline   Reply With Quote