View Poll Results: Ready up - In hosts
Yes this will be a brilliant idea 7 87.50%
No-The person reading this as no clue what an hadoken is 0 0%
No-This idea sucks 1 12.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Are we ready? SolidSnake76 General 3 07-14-2008 08:45 AM
Some one tell me how to use image ready? (~Warrior~) General 3 10-01-2006 12:31 PM
Im ready to pay the money for vip. ShadowXCurrupt General Comments & Strategies 4 07-10-2006 09:33 AM
Ready to die (rtd) SnuggLes__ Challenges and Tournaments 32 10-30-2005 08:19 PM
Are you ready? HAOHMARU2 General Comments & Strategies 29 10-09-2005 01:24 PM

Old 07-30-2007, 05:31 AM   #1
LegacyofKain
VIP

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
LegacyofKain is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ready up

Ok at some point i might draw up a very rudementry pcture of what it'd be like but bassically it's a ready up system.

Each person who joins the game must ready up ( To show that there ready and agree to the hosts rules)

If the host should change the mode or then everyone must ready up again,by doing it this way it will stop hosters from switching someone over to a team who they know to be weak (because people can either leave or discuss why they don't want them on the team)

It also stops hosters from switching game modes appruptly to gain tactical un-fair advantages.

This will stop any bitching and un-fairness on the account of the hoster having all the power.

Once everyone ready's up the hoster will be able to begin the game.

The only con with this idea is people not readying up,but thats no different from people who aren't active on the character select screen and just cause people to time out anyways.

LegacyofKain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 05:54 AM   #2
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 776
TitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of light

I see where you're going with this, but I generally try to converse with the guests in my server after I make changes and if they don't agree, I change the settings.

I don't think it's necassary, well for me anyways. I'm sure others might feel differently. No vote from me.

Click Here to Vote for the Storm Dream Goal.
TitaniumFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 04:18 PM   #3
Peruvian_Ken

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
Peruvian_Ken is an unknown quantity at this point

You had me at agree to host rules.

Peruvian_Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 04:29 PM   #4
feross
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
feross is an unknown quantity at this point

Hasn't someone already brought up this idea?...

feross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 04:31 PM   #5
(-ObNoXiOuS-1-)

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 3
(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough

I can understand why you chose to add this feature.

It'll be an great idea, becuase at the moment, they just go in and the host can just start the game, that's not really fair on the other player.

<s> 99% up for this idea, but the downfall maybe, that the player can't notice the "ready up" button, because I really can't think of an room for it, only if we rezise few things.</s>

May be the feature could be added on the server on/off place (The place where you chose to have server on/off) now you're thinking that will just remove one feature, I was thinking only the hoster could see the server on/off, and for the players in the host, they just see the ready option, since thats the best place I can think to put it with out any re-size's.

feross, I belive someone already did in the past, but I think the topic died.

^ Thanks estset.
(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 04:37 PM   #6
DetectiveUnknown
Super Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like
DetectiveUnknown has a little shameless behaviour in the past

People suggested this idea already, but like always most of the threads die
DetectiveUnknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 05:01 AM   #7
Kirosana

Post Thanks / Like
Kirosana is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, I like the idea, and so I vote yes! there are some people who switch players very fast, and then go, causing massive amounts of arguing, name calling, and generally agitates players who thought they were partnering with (some great player) and instead get (some unknown or otherwise not very good player) Also, it would stop hosters from switching game rules like from tag immediately to brawl, even though everyone except the hoster was expecting to play tag. I love it, I vote yes!

Smile..it's just plain silly not to. =)
Kirosana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 07:12 AM   #8
ryuishero
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
ryuishero is an unknown quantity at this pointryuishero is an unknown quantity at this pointryuishero is an unknown quantity at this pointryuishero is an unknown quantity at this pointryuishero is an unknown quantity at this pointryuishero is an unknown quantity at this pointryuishero is an unknown quantity at this pointryuishero is an unknown quantity at this pointryuishero is an unknown quantity at this pointryuishero is an unknown quantity at this pointryuishero is an unknown quantity at this point

I can see that you came up with this idea inorder to bring fairness to everyone. But really, when I host a game...I basically ask the people who join the game of what kind of game mode would they prefer to play as Titanium said, unless it's for like a tournament match.. Another simple alternative of your idea could be when you host a game, you can modify your game name like this e.g. ryuishero's game (1 on 1). This is more simple and people who join mostly know what kind of game would it be?...

Updated for DWX Sentinel's: http://www.freewebs.com/shinkuuhadoken/
ryuishero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 08:02 AM   #9
DestinationWeaponX
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
DestinationWeaponX is an unknown quantity at this point

Its a very good idea and well explained i think adding this feature to the game would be very usefull to sfo so basicly what im saying is i voted (Yes).. for the idea nice work legacy..

My Latest Work^^
DestinationWeaponX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 12:45 PM   #10
LegacyofKain
VIP

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah titanium and ryu,it's good that you guys do that and like you stated the reason behind is to make it completly fair.

Whilst what you guys do is great,it's only somethign that people CHOOSE to do.If there cheap or simply have a lack of morals like you guys have then this is where the ready up system shines as it forces people to play fairly.

In my view it harms no one and helps everyone who joins games so i can't see why people would refuse it.

Latly i all to often join games and then get screwed over with quick game mode switch's or bad partner pairing simply so people will win rage off me or something.

Whilst the easy answer is to simply just host my own games it doesn't solve the problem for those that either can't port forward/choose not to or in general simply wish to join a game for a change.

Old 07-31-2007, 01:05 PM   #11
~0000~

Post Thanks / Like
~0000~ is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Re: Ready up

There's really no such thing as an unfair tactical advantage. Hypothetically speaking (of course), is it my fault if a certain player does not know how to play a certain mode? Is it my fault that they do not know to do a certain move? Is it my fault that they can't host games? Absolutely not. As a hoster, I have 100% rights about what type of gameplay is going to be use, the timer being on or off, etc... The player that joins your game server has to deal with several uncertainties but that's how it is.

I am not too certain that this particular idea will work. Probably 10% of the time, I will actually negotiate with that person about what mode do they want to play. Other then that, I usually leave the stuff that's going to be play at a match as is. Gamers always complain about anything, new or old. Sometimes the gamer has to man up and face the facts about several things.

I've played all my matches for example with timer on, pick my characters and start fighting. When the timer runs out and I get the win for having more life then the opponent, they complain automatically: "Oh you're noobish and cheap for having that timer on". I say: "You must pay more attention about what goes on in the game and the selections that are presented with it."

I didn't vote on this poll however I clearly understand the point you're bringing across here.
~0000~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 02:46 PM   #12
(-ObNoXiOuS-1-)

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 3
(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (~0000~ @ July 31 2007,19:05)]There's really no such thing as an unfair tactical advantage. Hypothetically speaking (of course), is it my fault if a certain player does not know how to play a certain mode? Is it my fault that they do not know to do a certain move? Is it my fault that they can't host games? Absolutely not. As a hoster, I have 100% rights about what type of gameplay is going to be use, the timer being on or off, etc... The player that joins your game server has to deal with several uncertainties but that's how it is.
I understand what you mean,

But they might not want those rules, there better off in an diffrent host, but if the hoster changes it fast, and starts the game, and once the game has started, they can only leave in-game, which will get them an loss, I belive.

^ Thanks estset.
(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 02:54 PM   #13
LegacyofKain
VIP

Post Thanks / Like

the tactical advantage being that modes can be switched even though you may of agreed to the rules.

For example what if the hoster asks "2 on 1?" the majority of people being on the hosters team.

You say yes

He switch's the person over clearly knowing he's more of a hinderence to you due to the persons ranking as he entered added to the fact you've now also lost your "1on 1 tag" ability IE the ability to tag and work out your own stratagies etc based on the fact you control 2 people

^Fair? No

Although you can say rank doesn't decide a persons skill it is however an indicator in general terms to someones skill.

And we all know this regularly happens,infact it happens in a number of other ways and as nice as we all act we have all at some point been unfair,either bad moods,wanted easy wins etc etc.

There is a difference between tactical advantage and the simple fact someones better,IE in your example it's simply based on the fact that you did/didn't know someone was good or bad IE not all peoples ranks show up and in general just play the way they joined.

When you start making active decisions ot get rid of people on your team it starts becoming a matter of tactical advantages.

Now you can sya thats the hosters poragtive,however in general it doesn't take into account that the person you've now paired them with may not neccsarily agree with the new partner.

Ignoring parter switching and putting it to a side another aspect of the ready up system is the quick switch of modes.

Again this is a tactical advantage and unfairness to those who join.

Literally yesterday i joined a game where people were saying "hosting a 2 on 2 join all",so i joined.

Firstly i was paired up with a rank 281182 type person,against my owns wish's which were ignored and then it was switched from 2 on 2 to brawl.
As much as i disliked having the new guy i was still willing to fight but once i got "brawled" I was obviously not happy.
Now i happen to hate brawls and wanted a 2 on 2 match and yet i'm cheated out what they've "said and agreed too".

It's fine saying that the ready up mode is useless to you because your nice,but thats just the tip of the ice berg.The bigger picture is stopping those that DON'T honour what they promise and stopping the unfair gameplay that does occur,it also helps in everything from fairness,unfair gameplay and also helps with tournaments and anything else fight oreientated.

Like obnoxious says once the fights started in your un-favoured conditions that you didn't agree to your forced to fight,it might be a losing battle.

Like he said,you can still leave but you get a loss or you can continue the unfair fight and probably lose.

It's pretty much a no win scenrio,especiall for those who can't host who are reliant on nice hosters and elts face facts...not everyones nice and caring

Old 07-31-2007, 03:04 PM   #14
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 776
TitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of light

After reading Kain eleboarte on this, I'm voting yes. I personally still don't need this, but it won't harm my game any.

Who voted no btw?

Click Here to Vote for the Storm Dream Goal.
TitaniumFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 06:54 PM   #15
ryuishero
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
ryuishero is an unknown quantity at this pointryuishero is an unknown quantity at this pointryuishero is an unknown quantity at this pointryuishero is an unknown quantity at this pointryuishero is an unknown quantity at this pointryuishero is an unknown quantity at this pointryuishero is an unknown quantity at this pointryuishero is an unknown quantity at this pointryuishero is an unknown quantity at this pointryuishero is an unknown quantity at this pointryuishero is an unknown quantity at this point

After I read that, you are actually quite right..even like myself to be honest..When I host a game, usually I prefer 1 on 1 fights but if more then one person joins then I usually say lets wait for another person to join in.... but if no one joins then I usually go back to the server and host again... And you are right that usually when you join a hoster's game and you are in a situation where only 2 two users joined then the chances are that the hoster will put you together with the other person, unless you seem to know that person.

At the end I am not against the idea...but do we like really need this?.. I neither voted "yes" or "no". Null from me.

Updated for DWX Sentinel's: http://www.freewebs.com/shinkuuhadoken/
ryuishero is offline   Reply With Quote