Ligers Column Liger Zero General Comments & Strategies 7 06-12-2007 10:14 AM

Old 08-15-2014, 08:40 AM   #1
Liger Zero
Outstanding Patriot

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 6400
Liger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really nice
Default Ligers Greatest Movies Never Made

That's right Liger is doing another list of movies. This involves movies that were passed up or never green lighted and as a result never got made. I wont put them in any particular order because some of them sound too awesome for words.

Dune 1974

Before the original we all got Alejandro Jodorowsky actually wrote a version of Dune he wanted to make into a movie. It was evidently closer to the book than any other version ever released by those who had the privilege of ever reading it. It also was going to be a really long for more than 4 hours long. He even hired HR Geiger the man who created the Alien in the movie Alien to do the designs for sets and worms etc.

That's not all he had Pink Floyd signed up to do the music for the film and already had people ready for a cast.

The cast would have consisted of Salvador Dali, Mick Jagger, Gloria Swanson, and Orson Welles as the Baron.

What happened? well it never got green lighted. They couldn't provide at the time the budget he needed to make this enormous film and instead decided to put more money towards other projects that all failed.

Deadpool

By now you have all seen the test footage. I never liked Ryan Reynolds as an actor but I even said that if there was anybody born to play a live action version of Deadpool it was Ryan Reynolds. After X-Men Origins everyone disagreed but I had to point out he could only do what the script told him to do and that's what he did. In fact you could tell in his eyes he really didn't enjoy doing the film and still wanted to do a Deadpool movie more towards the character.

Years later the Test footage was leaked with Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool and it was amazing.

Why hasn't it happened? Fox is actually afraid to give a green light to an R rated film as they believe most R rated films flop yet they forget Taken and Taken 2 which they released were huge successes. They are also deleting the test footage on every site they can but they cannot stop it which makes you wonder why they cant realize how badly we want it.

Napoleon

Stanly Kubrick after his 2001 Space Odyssey success wanted to make a Napoleon movie based on the book War and Peace. It was probably going to be the greatest movie ever made about Napoleon.

What happened? a movie called Waterloo also about Napoleon got released the same year he pitched his movie to the studios and Waterloo was a huge failure at the box office which killed whatever hopes he had of making his movie.

Crusade

This is an interesting one here. Its a movie that was supposed to be about the crusades and I know what you're thinking...another one? Yes true there have been lots over the years but this one was going to star Arnold Schwarzenegger. That's right in a movie that would have been pretty awkward it was going to star Arnold fighting in the crusades.

What happened? evidently the script was so mean towards certain religions that the script never got green lit and eventually they gave up trying to pitch it.

Warhead

Remember that last James Bond movie with Sean Connery? no not that one the one after that one....oh yea it never got made. Warhead was a James Bond film in which it was co written, produced, and would have starred Sean Connery. The film never got made because of budget issues and also at the time someone else was playing James Bond by the name of Roger Moore. I have heard this was going to be a really fast paced action bond which would have been amazing to see with Sean Connery.

The Vega Brothers

This would have been the first time Tarantino would connect 2 of his greatest films in Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs. It was going to star Michael Madsen as Vic Vega from Reservoir Dogs and John Travolta as Vincent Vega from Pulp Fiction. Together they would be the Vega brothers in a prequel to both films in which they cause mayhem. Tarantino wrote the script and was ready to direct it when the studios wouldn't pick up the movie.

Now They green light everything he wants because he is Tarantino but at the time they were reluctant with some of his ideas and now sadly due to a huge age difference with the actors it will never get made.

Superman Lives

Im sure everyones heard about this at some point or another. There is even a documentary coming out about the film. It was a Superman movie set to star Nicolas Cage as Superman. It was written by Kevin Smith and was going to be directed by Tim Burton.

What happened to it? The producer happened to it. He was so set on selling merchandize and caught up with everything else that eventually they ran out of funs for the movie and had to give up on the project all together.

Before that Kevin Smith wanted to direct it and have it star Ben Affleck as Superman. The irony in this? he is now playing Batman in Dawn of Justice.

Night Skies

This was going to be the first horror movie directed by Steven Spielberg that involved Aliens. It was going to be about a Kentucky family being under attack by aliens and them being trapped in their own house. the studio however was mad because they wanted a sequel to Close Encounters so they wanted nothing to do with the movie project. Eventually Steven gave up on making the film.

Alien 3

I know what you're thinking "they already made this" true they made Alien 3 but they didn't make the good one. What people don't know is that there were so many rewrites involving the script that eventually we got the thoughtless mess of a movie we have today. There was one version of the script that was a head and shoulders above the rest but unfortunately Sigourney Weaver killed it.

Sigourney didn't want to do Aliens but Cameron talked her into it. She then didn't want to do Alien 3 saying her character arc was done and that there was nothing more they could do with it. The script saw Michael Biehn as Hicks returning and is this time the main character. He warns the Colonial Marines about everything that happened on LV-426.

What happens is they send another team to LV-426 and find that the nuclear explosion didn't wipe out all the ruminants of the aliens and the team gets infected and taken out. Hicks eventually is sent with another team as a consultant and team leader only to find out its still more of a plan by the company to acquire the alien species.

It was literally going to focus more the company and in the end reveals the company to the world and brings and end to them.

However Sigourney out of the blue decides she wants to do the movie and star in it and the script was scrapped. They then rewrote the film at least a dozen times some with Ripley and some without to the point where we got the mess we have now.

The one we have now was actually a mix of almost all the scripts as one of them took place on a planet of monks and another took place in a prison and another took place on a small planet.

Well there have have it guys have fun and take care.
Liger Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 12:53 AM   #2
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice
Default Re: Ligers Greatest Movies Never Made

Superman Lives, wasn't there a guy who wanted a giant spider and didn'T even know who superman was that was involved ? i heard that guy once the movie was canned, that he actually did wild wild west. i remember reading that kevin Smith was outrage for the lack of knowledge in the superman project about superman. he was like calel does this and that then. and the others would say... "who?" and then i heard he left because of all that bull****.
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 06:47 AM   #3
Liger Zero
Outstanding Patriot

Post Thanks / Like
Liger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJKarma View Post
Superman Lives, wasn't there a guy who wanted a giant spider and didn'T even know who superman was that was involved ? i heard that guy once the movie was canned, that he actually did wild wild west. i remember reading that kevin Smith was outrage for the lack of knowledge in the superman project about superman. he was like calel does this and that then. and the others would say... "who?" and then i heard he left because of all that bull****.

Yes that is correct the producer would then in the future get to do Wild Wild West where his giant spider thing happened. The producer also wanted Superman to not fly and wanted him to be a normal human that thinks he is a super hero. Kevin eventually dropped out of the film.

Though Kevin Smiths ideas wernt the greatest either he had his usual cast involved which would have involved, Ben Affleck, Matt Damon, Jason Lee, Jay Mewes, Himself, and said he has Kevin Spacey and Braniac.
Old 08-16-2014, 07:33 PM   #4
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

it would of been an awesome movie. kevin smith even owns a comic book store. tells you much about who he is.
Old 08-17-2014, 11:00 AM   #5
Liger Zero
Outstanding Patriot

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I know all about Kevin Smith he is one of my more favorite writers/directors.
Old 08-17-2014, 04:05 PM   #6
guitarrocker

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 174
guitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the rough

Lol Arnold as a crusader.
Old 08-18-2014, 04:49 AM   #7
bloodpack
Super Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 37
bloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nice

i also heard the Soul Calibur movie is still in 'development hell'

also, i think the masses have had enough with TMNT and/or TF...what happened to the reboot of Masters of the Universe?
@ligerzero - which 80's characters do you feel deserve a big screen exposure?
bloodpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 09:29 AM   #8
Liger Zero
Outstanding Patriot

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodpack View Post
i also heard the Soul Calibur movie is still in 'development hell'

also, i think the masses have had enough with TMNT and/or TF...what happened to the reboot of Masters of the Universe?
@ligerzero - which 80's characters do you feel deserve a big screen exposure?

They aren't tired of it Ninja Turtles is dominating the box office and Transformers 4 made 1 billion world wide.

Im tired of them making movies out of old cartoons.
Old 08-18-2014, 08:57 PM   #9
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

Lieger... nobody can reinvent the Wheel...
with a 100 years of cinema in the Pocket. everything has pretty much already been done and redone. so what else do you want them to do ?
Old 08-18-2014, 10:23 PM   #10
Liger Zero
Outstanding Patriot

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJKarma View Post
Lieger... nobody can reinvent the Wheel...
with a 100 years of cinema in the Pocket. everything has pretty much already been done and redone. so what else do you want them to do ?

I wasn't saying they shouldn't do It all I simply said was I was tired of it. Its like zombies and vampires, I am tired of it. They should go back to making action movies that make sense.
Old 08-19-2014, 06:00 AM   #11
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

gotta go with the flow of the trend... fact is, people still want zombies, vampires and werewolves !