Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2013, 11:56 AM   #26
DwAyN3
VIP

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 85
DwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Magneto vs Green Lantern

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJKarma View Post
Actually, i had just read your post lat and was still thinking of the 24 hour maximum charge the others had said. but instead of typing 24hours i wrote 30 minutes cause i still had your post in head.

EDIT: rereading a lot of content about magneto and wormholes per say, i came to the conclusion that no, he's not able to without stressing himself up to the exaustion point. making that argument totally false, he wouldn't create a wormhole during a fight.

Isn't that how the government works ? let's destroy a country of millions of people to save a world of billions ?
because thats how magneto thinks !

Ring charge @ Ok thanks for clearing that up.

I said two times because that's not a convincing number when compared to comics, X-Men the Animated Series, X-Men Evolution, Wolverine and the X-Men, and X-Men (Anime). What i'm trying to say is that it's not one of abilities.

I agree, it wouldn't make sense to create a wormhole during a fight.

"Isn't that how the government works ? let's destroy a country of millions of people to save a world of billions ?
because thats how magneto thinks !"

If you are comparing to certain governments today (in the real world) then it's not the same even if you are thinking about past events.

Magneto's choices are based on events he went through. His actions are fueled by fear, I think. He is afraid that what happened to him (Jews, Holocaust) will happen again to the mutants.

You can't Judge every human this way.

The major problem is he want's Mutants to be on top, to be in charge. You say government but who? Who support his views? Only the brotherhood. Violence and murder is the only way to achieve his goal and that's what he's using.

Random question Karma if you were living in their world as a human would you call magneto a hero? What about if you were part of the X-men?

If you haven't already you should read into the House of M, it mentions explains Magneto bio/persona really well. I think he's like the Punisher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodpack View Post
well first of all, i just want to emphasize your chosen word, which is "world" and thats why i mentioned Asteroid M (see below)

"world" is synonymous to a planet and the only thing i could think of which is closer to planet is Asteroid M, and yes i know about Genosha, its an island country/nation, and not a "world"

secondly, im not dismissing/discounting the credentials of GL
we're debating/discussing GL's and magneto's powers/abilities and how theyd fair each other in a battle, arent we?

both are powerful, i am not going get through in-depth and blow-by-blow or be technical in terms of their own unique abilities

i just honestly believe magneto's little regard for human life or any intelligent life is his KEY advantage in a fight against GL

what we're all posting here are opinions/assumptions/WHAT IFs
in a court of public opinion, theres no truth, yours or mine
Sounds like you're taking this seriously. So i'm not going to go back and forth with you.
I will say one thing, in my opinion galactus is stronger than wolverine. Theres no truth it's my opinion.

Last edited by DwAyN3; 12-02-2013 at 12:02 PM.
Old 12-02-2013, 10:23 PM   #27
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

Quote:
world(wrld)
n.1. The earth.
2. The universe.
3. The earth with its inhabitants.
4. The inhabitants of the earth; the human race.
5. a. Humankind considered as social beings; human society: turned her back on the world.
b. People as a whole; the public: The event amazed the world.

6. often World A specified part of the earth: the Western World.
7. A part of the earth and its inhabitants as known at a given period in history: the ancient world.
8. A realm or domain: the animal world; the world of imagination.
9. a. A sphere of human activity or interest: the world of sports.
b. A class or group of people with common characteristics or pursuits: the scientific world.

10. A particular way of life: the world of the homeless.
11. All that relates to or affects the life of a person: He saw his world collapse about him.
12. Secular life and its concerns: a man of the world.
13. a. Human existence; life: brought a child into the world.
b. A state of existence: the next world.

14. A large amount; much. Often used in the plural: did her a world of good; candidates that are worlds apart on foreign policy.
15. A celestial body such as a planet: the possibility of life on other worlds.

adj.1. Of or relating to the world: a world champion.
2. Involving or extending throughout the entire world: a world crisis.

Idioms:
for all the worldIn all respects; precisely: She looked for all the world like a movie star.

in the worldUsed as an intensive: How in the world did they manage? I never in the world would have guessed.

out of this world Informal Extraordinary; superb: The dinner was out of this world.

the world overThroughout the world: known the world over.

world without endForever.
Need i require to go beyond for you to understand that the word "world" has numerous definition and not just the one of a planet.... thank you for taking it to the first degree only and passing for something you shouldn't be.

No he's not !
let me ask you a question...
a guy who kills 5 other men be a murderer requiring prison and death sentences for protecting his neighborhood from say another countries army. would that be bad or good ?

better question, what is bad and what is good for you ?

rhetorical question, the answer is in the question... "for you"
That means that each and everyone has a different visions of what is good or bad.
magneto per say dont want a new world order created and maintained by him. he simply, as you said, dont want anybody else to live what he lived thru. that alone is a nicely set goal. something you or i even would want to happen.

problem... he lives in a world were humans are afraid of what they dont know. so he feels like they shouldn't be in a control. but they are... those who say he want total domination thinks of him and his speeches the wrong way. he says evolution has chosen... homo superior to be the beast that stands over the others. but people mistakes that for principles like hitler and the nazis... the real question would be... why would he do that when he wants to avoid exactly what he lived thru during the second world war ?

think clearly, much like bruce banners, magneto just want to be left alone.
but being number 1 global threat ont he world... he knows thats never hapenning. as such he preffer to not stay in his corner and simply fight back.

i could ask you a thousand questions of how magneto reacts to many threats there have been.
Phalanx being the best one... how did he react. if he wanted the world to be destroyed he'd have let it happen years back when galactus came or years back during phalanx invasion. or when the sentinels took over. yet... during all those events, he protected the innocents. tryed to give shelters to everybody who needed it. humans or mutants.

nope...
Magneto isn't the typical bad guy...
he's nothing but a human living in a very difficult world to live in.

i could also ask you... you probably think sinister is a very evil guy... but to that i'd say... is it so evil to be wanting to upgrade ones self i order to be stronger ? as far as i am concerned... we do that everyday as human beings. the only differences is that sinister doesn'T care whos live he puts out as long as it is making him go forward.

back to the original post...
Magneto doesn'T stand a chance.
he'd need to use his environment to get any GL.
thats the problem... GL dont need any environment to win.

Last edited by SSJKarma; 12-02-2013 at 10:27 PM.
Old 12-03-2013, 12:52 AM   #28
bloodpack
Super Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 37
bloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwAyN3 View Post
Sounds like you're taking this seriously. So i'm not going to go back and forth with you.
I will say one thing, in my opinion galactus is stronger than wolverine. Theres no truth it's my opinion.
everything's cool man, this just one of those crazy intense (friendly) debates in SFO but at the end of the day we're still WE so no worries here

i think the guy who's being serious here is the one who can post 100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 words/kph lolz
Old 12-03-2013, 04:28 PM   #29
-Elite_Ken-
EVIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 75
-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough

Couple things....

1)...this is in RI o_O, stop going so hard people.
2) SS shoulda post a vote button Q_Q, no one has time to watch Karma (and anyone else who is going hard) play Professor in RI too.
3) Magneto would win...who does GL think he is...
4) With out providing DETAILED stats and conditions of Mag. and GL as well as the fighting location...there is NO WAY to really tell who would win, so this is an endless "discussion".

5) This thread is in RI...?? umm Troll thread or what o_O!! Close it or Move it, nothing to see here folks.
Old 12-03-2013, 05:30 PM   #30
SolidSnake76
Master

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 3080
SolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Elite_Ken- View Post
Couple things....

2) SS shoulda post a vote button Q_Q, no one has time to watch Karma (and anyone else who is going hard) play Professor in RI too.
4) With out providing DETAILED stats and conditions of Mag. and GL as well as the fighting location...there is NO WAY to really tell who would win, so this is an endless "discussion".

5) This thread is in RI...?? umm Troll thread or what o_O!! Close it or Move it, nothing to see here folks.
Get the hell out my topic

Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted...

Elder Veteran (2001-2002)
Old 12-03-2013, 07:56 PM   #31
-Elite_Ken-
EVIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 75
-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake76 View Post
NO!

I just got here, so you leave
Old 12-04-2013, 12:10 AM   #32
DwAyN3
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 85
DwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJKarma View Post
N
Phalanx being the best one... how did he react. if he wanted the world to be destroyed he'd have let it happen years back when galactus came or years back during phalanx invasion. or when the sentinels took over. yet... during all those events, he protected the innocents. tryed to give shelters to everybody who needed it. humans or mutants.

nope...
Magneto isn't the typical bad guy...
he's nothing but a human living in a very difficult world to live in.
That's understandable, i get what you're saying Karma. I don't know much about the Phalanx invasion and i really don't feel looking up anything. But this is you're opinion so I'm just going to leave it alone.

I just don't believe than anyone can be a Hero or half that after killing thousands of people. < My opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodpack View Post
everything's cool man, this just one of those crazy intense (friendly) debates in SFO but at the end of the day we're still WE so no worries here
Ok good ] was making sure . Or i would of pimp smacked you

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Elite_Ken- View Post
Couple things....

Get out hoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake76 View Post
"after a review on my other forum, we're kinda at a stalemate on this one. we're all aware of 'said' powers and abilities and what their strength and weaknesses are. so to put this in retrospect, lets put them out on the playing field"

The nerve of this guy telling him to get out, and you didn't even post who you thought is stronger

Get out
Old 12-04-2013, 12:22 AM   #33
bloodpack
Super Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 37
bloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nice

all of you, get out, i need to poo..
Old 12-04-2013, 01:08 AM   #34
~H~Blaze

Tournaments Joined: 2
Tournaments Won: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1457
~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice
Visit ~H~Blaze's YouTube

Magnus the God wins, free.

Magneto

Vote for magnus now. Do it.
Closed Thread