SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > Street Fighter Online > Bugs and Problems report

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Issue Blade Members Help Center 6 03-17-2009 09:38 AM
character specific mcodes?! #1sakurafan New Features 5 12-26-2008 04:48 PM
character specific mcodes? #1sakurafan New Features 2 11-16-2008 10:39 PM
Specific servers... SSJKarma General Comments & Strategies 23 11-02-2005 09:36 AM

Old 04-07-2009, 06:45 PM   #1
Tsunami
Super Advanced Member

Tournaments Joined: 1
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 132
Tsunami is on a distinguished roadTsunami is on a distinguished roadTsunami is on a distinguished roadTsunami is on a distinguished roadTsunami is on a distinguished roadTsunami is on a distinguished roadTsunami is on a distinguished roadTsunami is on a distinguished roadTsunami is on a distinguished roadTsunami is on a distinguished roadTsunami is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Issue specific to me, perhaps

I've recently bought a new computer with Windows Vista as it's operating system. I Not sure how relevant that is, but it's worth noting. I play on downloaded and use the Vista Compatible version of SFO.

The issue arises whenever I start a fight. My game gets choppy and the moves I can do are limited because of the glitchy, frame-freeziness. I don't know if anyone else has had this issue with their SFO, but I'm not entirely sure how to get past this. I used to have XP and never had this problem. Is this specific to my computer or Vista? Is there anything I can do to fix this? Do I need to post a video showing what's going on?

Any advice will be appreciated.

Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 06:58 PM   #2
Dark_Paladin_X

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 143
Dark_Paladin_X is a jewel in the roughDark_Paladin_X is a jewel in the roughDark_Paladin_X is a jewel in the roughDark_Paladin_X is a jewel in the roughDark_Paladin_X is a jewel in the roughDark_Paladin_X is a jewel in the roughDark_Paladin_X is a jewel in the roughDark_Paladin_X is a jewel in the roughDark_Paladin_X is a jewel in the roughDark_Paladin_X is a jewel in the roughDark_Paladin_X is a jewel in the rough

Might be your video card not performing as the desired FPS for SFO...

Might also be since you recently installed it, you may need to play it a bit so that it will run smoother the next time. This seemed to work for me on my Vista computer...
Dark_Paladin_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 08:34 PM   #3
Master_Jay

Tournaments Joined: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 6
Master_Jay is just really niceMaster_Jay is just really niceMaster_Jay is just really niceMaster_Jay is just really niceMaster_Jay is just really niceMaster_Jay is just really niceMaster_Jay is just really niceMaster_Jay is just really niceMaster_Jay is just really niceMaster_Jay is just really niceMaster_Jay is just really nice

A defect with the Windows Vista OS is that it tends to use nearly twice the amount of RAM compared to the Windows XP OS, due to the operating system consuming such a vast amount of RAM; therefore causing some programs, especially games, to not run as smoothly at times. However, I'm not quite sure if lack of RAM is the problem, as the SFO client doesn't require much RAM in the first place, as well as most "off the shelf" Vista PCs normally possessing sufficient RAM.

It could be that you're missing a required plug-in to run the SFO client suitably. Just a thought.
1. Master Jay (English scholar, who can destroy anyone verbally without actually attacking them)
Master_Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 11:34 PM   #4
EvilAkuma

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 20
EvilAkuma has a spectacular aura aboutEvilAkuma has a spectacular aura aboutEvilAkuma has a spectacular aura aboutEvilAkuma has a spectacular aura aboutEvilAkuma has a spectacular aura aboutEvilAkuma has a spectacular aura aboutEvilAkuma has a spectacular aura aboutEvilAkuma has a spectacular aura aboutEvilAkuma has a spectacular aura aboutEvilAkuma has a spectacular aura aboutEvilAkuma has a spectacular aura about
Visit EvilAkuma's YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Master_Jay @ April 07 2009,19:34)]A defect with the Windows Vista OS is that it tends to use nearly twice the amount of RAM compared to the Windows XP OS, due to the operating system consuming such a vast amount of RAM; therefore causing some programs, especially games, to not run as smoothly at times. However, I'm not quite sure if lack of RAM is the problem, as the SFO client doesn't require much RAM in the first place, as well as most "off the shelf" Vista PCs normally possessing sufficient RAM.

It could be that you're missing a required plug-in to run the SFO client suitably. Just a thought.
You're right about Windows Vista OS trying to take a lot of RAMs to run the operating system. However, a lot of users have the minimum requirement to run Vista, and yet, we're not having difficult time running Street Fighter Online.

Tsunami,

I suggest you install Street Fighter Online again; including shockwave. This way, it fixes any files that got corrupted during installation. Also, some people has gotten a small virus on April 1st (which is Conflicker C). Please use AVG and/or any other good anti-virus protection service to remove any virus that could be affecting your computer from performing smoothly.
EvilAkuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 06:18 PM   #5
-GameOver-

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 336
-GameOver- will become famous soon enough-GameOver- will become famous soon enough-GameOver- will become famous soon enough-GameOver- will become famous soon enough-GameOver- will become famous soon enough-GameOver- will become famous soon enough-GameOver- will become famous soon enough-GameOver- will become famous soon enough-GameOver- will become famous soon enough-GameOver- will become famous soon enough-GameOver- will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (streetchamp101 @ April 07 2009,17:45)]I've recently bought a new computer with Windows Vista as it's operating system. I Not sure how relevant that is, but it's worth noting. I play on downloaded and use the Vista Compatible version of SFO.

The issue arises whenever I start a fight. My game gets choppy and the moves I can do are limited because of the glitchy, frame-freeziness. I don't know if anyone else has had this issue with their SFO, but I'm not entirely sure how to get past this. I used to have XP and never had this problem. Is this specific to my computer or Vista? Is there anything I can do to fix this? Do I need to post a video showing what's going on?

Any advice will be appreciated.
Well, I can tell you it is not specific to the Vista OS. I've been playing SFO for over a year on Vista now and it is as smooth as ever...however, my computer is pretty powerful though, so that might be the reason why. How new is this computer of yours though? and what are it's specs?

Here are some things I do on every new computer I buy or every time I decide to reformat my computer.
-Disable my start ups
-Uninstall the programs I really don't need (Napster, etc.)
-GameOver- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 04:32 AM   #6
-AlphaRiku-
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 840
-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough

play in safe mode lol swear to god runs so smoothly although no sound.

Clan Battle Record 121-6
6 Tournament Winner Titles
-AlphaRiku- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 02:25 AM   #7
Tsunami
Super Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 132
Tsunami is on a distinguished roadTsunami is on a distinguished roadTsunami is on a distinguished roadTsunami is on a distinguished roadTsunami is on a distinguished roadTsunami is on a distinguished roadTsunami is on a distinguished roadTsunami is on a distinguished roadTsunami is on a distinguished roadTsunami is on a distinguished roadTsunami is on a distinguished road

I appreciate the advice. I'll look into everything more towards the summer when I have time for SFO.

Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote