SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > Street Fighter Online > Members Help Center

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BOt issue ~H~Blaze Members Help Center 6 02-04-2010 01:20 PM
Issue Blade Members Help Center 6 03-17-2009 09:38 AM

Old 03-13-2011, 12:53 AM   #1
(-SpideyKing-)

Tournaments Joined: 1
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 359
(-SpideyKing-) is a jewel in the rough(-SpideyKing-) is a jewel in the rough(-SpideyKing-) is a jewel in the rough(-SpideyKing-) is a jewel in the rough(-SpideyKing-) is a jewel in the rough(-SpideyKing-) is a jewel in the rough(-SpideyKing-) is a jewel in the rough(-SpideyKing-) is a jewel in the rough(-SpideyKing-) is a jewel in the rough(-SpideyKing-) is a jewel in the rough(-SpideyKing-) is a jewel in the rough
Default Hosting Issue

Never really thought i'd be asking for help on hosting, due to the fact that i myself have helped tons of people host on SFO. Well might aswell get on with it.

Recently I got a new upgrade for my internet and they shipped me through a new Modem/Router, as my previous Modem and Router were not able to handle the new speeds I will now be getting. The one that I have now is a Netgear VMDG480 and it is a Modem & Router built into 1.

So here I attempt to alter my Modem/Router to enable me the ability to host through SFO..

^
Yes this is my IP Address for my PC.. This should work as it opens all Ports that are assigned to that IP Address.

So I go ahead and stick this same IP Address in the Local IP for SFO and attempt to host. Everything seems to be fine, as I have a ping assigned by the side of my name, but no cigar. People can not join..

I have also tried opening ports via Port Forwarding and it still does not work..

I don't know if there is something more in depth I must do whilst working with a Modem&Router in one combo, but its left me totally confused.

Anyone got any idea's? Would appreciate some feedback.

Thanks.

WWT3 1st Place Champion
(-SpideyKing-) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 08:22 AM   #2
MirrorForceX

Tournaments Joined: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
MirrorForceX is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hosting Issue

Did you go to the port forwarding link?

Its in the links at the left part, under "Advanced".
There you just simply port forward.
Old 03-13-2011, 09:10 AM   #3
-AlphaRiku-
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 840
-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough

Im pretty sure hes tried opening his ports which is also port fowarding.

Clan Battle Record 121-6
6 Tournament Winner Titles
-AlphaRiku- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 12:06 PM   #4
(-SpideyKing-)

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 359
(-SpideyKing-) is a jewel in the rough(-SpideyKing-) is a jewel in the rough(-SpideyKing-) is a jewel in the rough(-SpideyKing-) is a jewel in the rough(-SpideyKing-) is a jewel in the rough(-SpideyKing-) is a jewel in the rough(-SpideyKing-) is a jewel in the rough(-SpideyKing-) is a jewel in the rough(-SpideyKing-) is a jewel in the rough(-SpideyKing-) is a jewel in the rough(-SpideyKing-) is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MirrorForceX View Post
Did you go to the port forwarding link?

Its in the links at the left part, under "Advanced".
There you just simply port forward.
Lol yes I have....

That was the first thing I did. I have attempted both Port Forwarding and DMZ Host. Besides, DMZ should work without doing Port Forwarding as I stated that DMZ Host opens all ports associated to a specific IP Address.

Once again, I have no idea why it is not working..

Bump: Thanks for all the helpful replies on my issue (sarcasm), but I managed to figure it out myself.

Ughh..

WWT3 1st Place Champion
(-SpideyKing-) is offline   Reply With Quote