SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > Street Fighter Online > Members Help Center

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
possible tlf issue? #1sakurafan Bugs and Problems report 8 12-16-2011 06:05 AM
Issue Blade Members Help Center 6 03-17-2009 09:38 AM

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 08:38 AM   #1
LuXv

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 761
LuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really nice
Visit LuXv's Twitter
Default Computer Issue

My computer will not boot. let me explain how this all happened (Currently using my old computer)

I have a laptop (Acer) with Win7 Pre-installed, meaning there is no disc what so ever.
I installed Windows 8 Consumer Preview to try it out, It made my laptop run slow and my games crash and I just didn't like it. Then I realized you can NOT un-install it. So I ran a system restore and retain user data, after 2 Hours of this it was on 99% 4 hours later it was still on 99%, for one reason or another it froze. I then shut down my computer and tried to start it up. Did not work.

It says:

Starting Windows (w. the symbol)
then
setup is starting services
then a Box pop's up saying:
Windows could not complete the installation. To install Windows on this computer, restart the installation."
I click it then the same process repeats over and over.

I have tried:
Pressing F8 to use the "Repair computer option"
But for some reason That doesn't show up at all.

Anyone have any clue on what to do? I refuse to get a new laptop (since i have a warranty on this one) and lose all my data or even wait that long.

Old 03-12-2012, 02:36 PM   #2
Crazii2TheMax

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 34
Crazii2TheMax has a spectacular aura aboutCrazii2TheMax has a spectacular aura aboutCrazii2TheMax has a spectacular aura aboutCrazii2TheMax has a spectacular aura aboutCrazii2TheMax has a spectacular aura aboutCrazii2TheMax has a spectacular aura aboutCrazii2TheMax has a spectacular aura aboutCrazii2TheMax has a spectacular aura aboutCrazii2TheMax has a spectacular aura aboutCrazii2TheMax has a spectacular aura aboutCrazii2TheMax has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Computer Issue

Oh wow. I'm glad I didn't download that, 'cause I wanted to test it out too. I'm gonna see if I can find something since no one seem to have replied yet..
There comes a time in life when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. Surround yourself with people who make you laugh, forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right. Pray for the ones who donít. Life's too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is part of LIFE...Getting back up is LIVING.
Old 03-12-2012, 02:54 PM   #3
-Elite_Ken-
EVIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 74
-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough

Lux If ur warranty will cover a new laptop...why not just get it. You can redowload the games.
Old 03-12-2012, 02:57 PM   #4
donkios
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 164
donkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura about

You'll probably need the recovery disk which i'm assuming you didn't make when you first bought the computer

--------------------------------------------------------

Old 03-12-2012, 03:14 PM   #5
4th~Espada

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
4th~Espada is an unknown quantity at this point

^what donkios said.

you probably corrupted alot of installation files when u restarted it during reboot.

if you don't care about files and just want windows 7 back, find someone with a recovery disk or the ability to make one for you.

Old 03-12-2012, 03:40 PM   #6
LuXv

Post Thanks / Like
LuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really nice
Visit LuXv's Twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkios View Post
You'll probably need the recovery disk which i'm assuming you didn't make when you first bought the computer
Lol was too lazy and thought I would never need/use it (Now look at me lol)

Plus what sucks about this laptop is that everything came pre-installed, so There was no recovery disc or windows OS disc to re-install. Thanks for the help everyone.

I called Acer & My Warranty doesnt cover this since I installed a new Os which is bullcrap. & Now I have to buy an eRecovery disc off there site for 21.20$ @_@
If that doesnt work, Ima see what does cover my warranty and break it and then get a new one.

Old 03-12-2012, 03:44 PM   #7
Crazii2TheMax

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 34
Crazii2TheMax has a spectacular aura aboutCrazii2TheMax has a spectacular aura aboutCrazii2TheMax has a spectacular aura aboutCrazii2TheMax has a spectacular aura aboutCrazii2TheMax has a spectacular aura aboutCrazii2TheMax has a spectacular aura aboutCrazii2TheMax has a spectacular aura aboutCrazii2TheMax has a spectacular aura aboutCrazii2TheMax has a spectacular aura aboutCrazii2TheMax has a spectacular aura aboutCrazii2TheMax has a spectacular aura about

Sounds like a plan to me. Lol! xD
There comes a time in life when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. Surround yourself with people who make you laugh, forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right. Pray for the ones who donít. Life's too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is part of LIFE...Getting back up is LIVING.
Old 03-12-2012, 04:12 PM   #8
(-RyulorD-)
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
(-RyulorD-) has a spectacular aura about(-RyulorD-) has a spectacular aura about(-RyulorD-) has a spectacular aura about(-RyulorD-) has a spectacular aura about(-RyulorD-) has a spectacular aura about(-RyulorD-) has a spectacular aura about(-RyulorD-) has a spectacular aura about(-RyulorD-) has a spectacular aura about(-RyulorD-) has a spectacular aura about(-RyulorD-) has a spectacular aura about(-RyulorD-) has a spectacular aura about
Visit (-RyulorD-)'s YouTube

lux, whats the exact laptop model. ? most laptops come with a hidden recovery partition, if you had installed the windows 8 on top of the current OS then the partition should still be there.

have you tried to boot up in safe mode ?

try to get ur hands on a Hirens boot cd (u might need to borrow an external cd drive) to help fix the boot up files.
Old 03-12-2012, 04:27 PM   #9
donkios
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
donkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuXv View Post
Lol was too lazy and thought I would never need/use it (Now look at me lol)

Plus what sucks about this laptop is that everything came pre-installed, so There was no recovery disc or windows OS disc to re-install. Thanks for the help everyone.

I called Acer & My Warranty doesnt cover this since I installed a new Os which is bullcrap. & Now I have to buy an eRecovery disc off there site for 21.20$ @_@
If that doesnt work, Ima see what does cover my warranty and break it and then get a new one.
Yeah new PCs are like that

I tried to download a few online and none of them worked (well for me at least) just a heads up

Old 03-12-2012, 06:38 PM   #10
Lightning~Bolt
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 5
Lightning~Bolt will become famous soon enoughLightning~Bolt will become famous soon enoughLightning~Bolt will become famous soon enoughLightning~Bolt will become famous soon enoughLightning~Bolt will become famous soon enoughLightning~Bolt will become famous soon enoughLightning~Bolt will become famous soon enoughLightning~Bolt will become famous soon enoughLightning~Bolt will become famous soon enoughLightning~Bolt will become famous soon enoughLightning~Bolt will become famous soon enough

If you don't know what you're doing, call a computer tech because I promise you you'll regret trying to fix it yourself when it won't work at all. Trust me.
Old 03-12-2012, 06:48 PM   #11
donkios
VIP

Post Thanks / Like

May as well try,the computer places will rip you off regardless. It's pretty much the safe price for everything software related

Old 03-12-2012, 09:26 PM   #12
(-RyulorD-)
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
(-RyulorD-) has a spectacular aura about(-RyulorD-) has a spectacular aura about(-RyulorD-) has a spectacular aura about(-RyulorD-) has a spectacular aura about(-RyulorD-) has a spectacular aura about(-RyulorD-) has a spectacular aura about(-RyulorD-) has a spectacular aura about(-RyulorD-) has a spectacular aura about(-RyulorD-) has a spectacular aura about(-RyulorD-) has a spectacular aura about(-RyulorD-) has a spectacular aura about
Visit (-RyulorD-)'s YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkios View Post
May as well try,the computer places will rip you off regardless.

the exact reason i learnt how to build pcs, troubleshoot, fix them, i can proudly say there hasnt been a pc i couldnt fix for any of my family or friends.

Unless LUX has the money to blow on a techie coming out then google is his friend, anything can be sourced online if you know how *wink*

i for one wouldnt pay for something if i can get it free
Old 03-13-2012, 12:17 AM   #13
flamesz
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
flamesz has a spectacular aura aboutflamesz has a spectacular aura aboutflamesz has a spectacular aura aboutflamesz has a spectacular aura aboutflamesz has a spectacular aura aboutflamesz has a spectacular aura aboutflamesz has a spectacular aura aboutflamesz has a spectacular aura aboutflamesz has a spectacular aura aboutflamesz has a spectacular aura aboutflamesz has a spectacular aura about

^ that what SSJ said is the problem people want so many stuff free but on the other hand I do agree with you thought ryulord

anyway Lux man just to make sure I got this right it a start up problem right?

anyway since this is your laptop that means the program you download got into you system32 files yeah it sucks your laptop don't let you bypass intro by pressing crtl+alt+delete

can if you can get into your laptop all you would have to do from there is click on computer-right click lock disk c-cllick properties-go to tools tab-click error checking-put a check on scan and attempt recovery for bad sectors.

Bump: ^ that what SSJ said is the problem people want so many stuff free but on the other hand I do agree with you thought ryulord

anyway Lux man just to make sure I got this right it a start up problem right?

anyway since this is your laptop that means the program you download got into you system32 files yeah it sucks your laptop don't let you bypass intro by pressing crtl+alt+delete

can if you can get into your laptop all you would have to do from there is click on computer-right click lock disk c-cllick properties-go to tools tab-click error checking-put a check on scan and attempt recovery for bad sectors.

this was made my west thanks man i am mr.juggy
<ITheIGreenIGuysI>
^ In respect to ug.
Achievement
EliteVIP
C.O.W first place winner
V.I.P 1st place winner
NWOTA4 2nd place winner
2xtimes bunny event winner
L.B.N.F 3rd place winner
FreedomFighter winner
XB champion

[ Signature Too Long\Big. Decrease Size . Do not remove this reminder till you do - YoureGonnaLuvMe ]
Old 03-14-2012, 07:32 AM   #14
LuXv

Post Thanks / Like
Visit LuXv's Twitter

OMFG everything is going to be erased, I have too much important things in there to be erased. Is there ANY way i can fix this? or at least keep the data?
Once again it turns on to the boot menu and all But it says it cant change the boot options or something like that.

Old 03-14-2012, 11:55 AM   #15
LuXv

Post Thanks / Like
Visit LuXv's Twitter

Thanks everyone, I fixed it. Lost EVERYTHING that will et me a few months back. But its working thanks once again.

Closed Thread