SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > Street Fighter Online > Members Help Center

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Good? W3AP0N-X Banners, Avatars and Images 16 12-29-2008 02:38 PM
Is this good BigManDemon Banners, Avatars and Images 10 02-24-2007 07:48 PM
Good bye EvilAkuma RaNdOm iNsAnItY 53 10-12-2006 02:02 AM
Is my pc good? Rey619RvD General 25 08-05-2006 08:19 PM
Waz good pll on sfo ~RD~SHINDSHIZ General Comments & Strategies 7 07-06-2006 04:06 PM

Old 07-20-2009, 10:06 AM   #1
MEGA_DRACOS_XRL
VIP

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
MEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enough
Default Re: A Good OS.

WHich one is the best as of right now. I plan on purchasing a OperatingSystem today for my PC.

IO heard Vista isnt Great.

And according to some XP is about to be Obsolete..

So, i dont know. if someone could possibly help me with this mission, that would be nice...

I was thinking about getting XP and Vista, but no point in getting both, since... W7 , the Newest OS , is dropping October the 22nd.

MEGA_DRACOS_XRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 10:52 AM   #2
(-ObNoXiOuS-1-)

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 3
(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough

Depends on what system you have on what Operating System you should install.

Windows XP is perfect in nearly all corners, performance, stability and a little on visual. Windows XP isn't obsolete yet, it was planned to have support cut off for it in late 2009 (or early 2010) but it has been extended. Service Pack 2 for XP is supported until 13 July 2010, you shouldn't worry about this, if you have Windows XP SP2 with internet connection then you can get a free upgrade to SP3. XP will have it's support cut off in 8 April 2014. That's when it will become obsolete, unless it once again gets extended, but this time, I don't think it will.

Windows Vista is a great operating system, it has larger security updates and measures than Windows XP. I would recommend this operating system only if you have 2GB RAM or more, 1GB will work but work at very slow rates as well as a high-end Intel® Pentium 4 processor or a multi-core processor. For Vista I would also recommend a dedicated graphics card, as the visual is a lot more stronger than XP and would rely on your RAM for graphics memory. Certain integrated graphics cards are compatible. If all those specifications are met, then Vista is a good choice for you. You may hear many down sides for Vista from other people, in most cases it's probably because they don't meet the recommend specifications for Vista, even at recommend specifications I myself would recommend more. If you purchase Windows Vista after July 1st, you are offered a free upgrade to Windows 7.

Windows 7, what can I say? I'm currently running the Release Client. I read a review of this operating system, which briefly a person said "Windows Vista done correctly." I totally agree with his point. Windows 7 does use more CPU and PF usage than XP but a lot more less than Vista. I would totally recommend this operating system over Vista, but XP if you want more performance out. I'm currently running Windows 7 RC with a Intel® Pentium 4 - 2.8GHz processor, 1280MB (1.2GB) RAM and a nvidia 6800 graphic card, and it works more than just perfect. If you have higher specifications than me, then it will definitely perform better for you. My specifications are outdated too.

If you're willing to wait, then I would recommend Windows 7 as your operating system. If you can't then, I guess you could purchase a new copy of Vista and upgrade to Windows 7, when it offers it you. You can now pre-order Windows 7 for your information for more than 50% discount from the Microsoft web site, or it's third party companies. This offer should be available in USA, UK and 3-4 other countries.

^ Thanks estset.
(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 12:37 PM   #3
MEGA_DRACOS_XRL
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
MEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ((-ObNoXiOuS-1-) @ July 20 2009,03:52)]Depends on what system you have on what Operating System you should install.

Windows XP is perfect in nearly all corners, performance, stability and a little on visual. Windows XP isn't obsolete yet, it was planned to have support cut off for it in late 2009 (or early 2010) but it has been extended. Service Pack 2 for XP is supported until 13 July 2010, you shouldn't worry about this, if you have Windows XP SP2 with internet connection then you can get a free upgrade to SP3. XP will have it's support cut off in 8 April 2014. That's when it will become obsolete, unless it once again gets extended, but this time, I don't think it will.

Windows Vista is a great operating system, it has larger security updates and measures than Windows XP. I would recommend this operating system only if you have 2GB RAM or more, 1GB will work but work at very slow rates as well as a high-end Intel® Pentium 4 processor or a multi-core processor. For Vista I would also recommend a dedicated graphics card, as the visual is a lot more stronger than XP and would rely on your RAM for graphics memory. Certain integrated graphics cards are compatible. If all those specifications are met, then Vista is a good choice for you. You may hear many down sides for Vista from other people, in most cases it's probably because they don't meet the recommend specifications for Vista, even at recommend specifications I myself would recommend more. If you purchase Windows Vista after July 1st, you are offered a free upgrade to Windows 7.

Windows 7, what can I say? I'm currently running the Release Client. I read a review of this operating system, which briefly a person said "Windows Vista done correctly." I totally agree with his point. Windows 7 does use more CPU and PF usage than XP but a lot more less than Vista. I would totally recommend this operating system over Vista, but XP if you want more performance out. I'm currently running Windows 7 RC with a Intel® Pentium 4 - 2.8GHz processor, 1280MB (1.2GB) RAM and a nvidia 6800 graphic card, and it works more than just perfect. If you have higher specifications than me, then it will definitely perform better for you. My specifications are outdated too.

If you're willing to wait, then I would recommend Windows 7 as your operating system. If you can't then, I guess you could purchase a new copy of Vista and upgrade to Windows 7, when it offers it you. You can now pre-order Windows 7 for your information for more than 50% discount from the Microsoft web site, or it's third party companies. This offer should be available in USA, UK and 3-4 other countries.
I might as well stay with... XP

Plus... Mine Specification is lower than yours.

1.60 Ghz
512 MB ( i am updating to atleast 1.5GB )
Thats about it o_o...
and a GFX card is a Radeon 9600 .

so i probably should stick with XP.

Old 07-20-2009, 01:59 PM   #4
(-ObNoXiOuS-1-)

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 3
(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough

Yeah, as your specifications posted I think it would be better performance for your system if you stick to Windows XP. I read in another thread that you've got problems with your current operating system with viruses, trojans ect. I think that's the reason you want a new operating system, so you can format? Correct me if I'm wrong. You've also stated your "boot.ini" file has become corrupt, which can be solved if formatted.

If this is the case, you may still be able to format. Do you still have your Windows XP installation disc? You may think you haven't, but maybe you have. When you first purchased your computer (if purchased new) did you receive any sort of CD's? Maybe one which doesn't look like XP, but something which has the words "Distribution for only a new system" or something similar? If so, that may be it. If you don't have any CD's of any sort, do you still have your COA (Certificate of Authenticity) which is basically a Product key for your Windows XP? If no, or unsure, take a look around your computer case, see if you have a green/blue/purple sticker with the words "Product Key:" and following with a 26 character serial.

^ Thanks estset.
(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 04:58 PM   #5
MEGA_DRACOS_XRL
VIP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ((-ObNoXiOuS-1-) @ July 20 2009,06:59)]Yeah, as your specifications posted I think it would be better performance for your system if you stick to Windows XP. I read in another thread that you've got problems with your current operating system with viruses, trojans ect. I think that's the reason you want a new operating system, so you can format? Correct me if I'm wrong. You've also stated your "boot.ini" file has become corrupt, which can be solved if formatted.

If this is the case, you may still be able to format. Do you still have your Windows XP installation disc? You may think you haven't, but maybe you have. When you first purchased your computer (if purchased new) did you receive any sort of CD's? Maybe one which doesn't look like XP, but something which has the words "Distribution for only a new system" or something similar? If so, that may be it. If you don't have any CD's of any sort, do you still have your COA (Certificate of Authenticity) which is basically a Product key for your Windows XP? If no, or unsure, take a look around your computer case, see if you have a green/blue/purple sticker with the words "Product Key:" and following with a 26 character serial.
... Its Been uprooted: Half of it has.

And Plus my Old CD is all scratched up and probably the reason it will not work.

So, I want have any other Option but to format. So.. I will have to do it the legal way. anyways, thanks for your help, ObNoXiOuS-1

Old 07-20-2009, 04:58 PM   #6
Patrick Bateman
VIP

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 117
Patrick Bateman will become famous soon enoughPatrick Bateman will become famous soon enoughPatrick Bateman will become famous soon enoughPatrick Bateman will become famous soon enoughPatrick Bateman will become famous soon enoughPatrick Bateman will become famous soon enoughPatrick Bateman will become famous soon enoughPatrick Bateman will become famous soon enoughPatrick Bateman will become famous soon enoughPatrick Bateman will become famous soon enoughPatrick Bateman will become famous soon enough

Well from your Computer Specs, I say go with XP.
Patrick Bateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 05:15 PM   #7
MEGA_DRACOS_XRL
VIP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Strider26 @ July 20 2009,09:58)]Well from your Computer Specs, I say go with XP.
Thanks for your Reiterations ..

I am going to buy it as we speak...
So, I will be back and Post here later.

Old 07-20-2009, 08:50 PM   #8
Elena

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
Elena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the rough
Visit Elena's Last.FM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]If you're willing to wait, then I would recommend Windows 7 as your operating system. If you can't then, I guess you could purchase a new copy of Vista and upgrade to Windows 7, when it offers it you. You can now pre-order Windows 7 for your information for more than 50% discount from the Microsoft web site, or it's third party companies. This offer should be available in USA, UK and 3-4 other countries.
wish u would've done that.

No really. DO ET.
Elena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 09:46 AM   #9
MEGA_DRACOS_XRL
VIP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Elena @ July 20 2009,13:50)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]If you're willing to wait, then I would recommend Windows 7 as your operating system. If you can't then, I guess you could purchase a new copy of Vista and upgrade to Windows 7, when it offers it you. You can now pre-order Windows 7 for your information for more than 50% discount from the Microsoft web site, or it's third party companies. This offer should be available in USA, UK and 3-4 other countries.
wish u would've done that.
o_o

I have Terrible News...

Well, Where should I start?

ah, yes, at BestBuy.

The Information i got from them i could of got from a two year old. I will NEVER go there AGAIN. In addition to that, They dont even said XP anymore. I asked two Of their Associates about XP and they said " Well, umm, we stopped carrying it." I askled "why?" "Well, its old and the only way you can find it is online."

So, Me, being a person who is suspicious about everything. I asked about Vista. Afterwards, he told me where they was and everything. Lastly, I Bought Vista Home Premium( I was not going to pay 319+ for Vist Ultimate.) It was 129.99 or something like that. so i made the transaction and then droved off.

Afterwards, when i got Home, I put the disc in and read everything. Then... I tried to install it then... But there was a problem. You can only Install Vista with a Operating OperatingSystem. So, I Installed it, anyways.. and I Just then it asked for " Registry Key Or Product Key". So, I gave it what it what it asked for and it said the previous Line before this one. Anyways, so i did it without the Product Key and it said " you might lose Your work etc." So, i still Proceeded. Next, I Had Saw the Partiton ( Format Screen) and so.. i Eradicated the Previous data, knowing that Vista was going to be installled, But i guess Vista Proved me wrong. Well, I do not know what is going on, but I am returning it Because it will not do what it states. anyways, I migth as well should of Left the store after he said they did not carry XP anymore.

Old 07-21-2009, 10:09 AM   #10
Rockman

Post Thanks / Like
Rockman is an unknown quantity at this point

well yea most of the stores arent selling xp anymore so bye bye xp
Rockman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 09:23 PM   #11
-Arkoth-
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
-Arkoth- is an unknown quantity at this point

Windows Vista is cool... every1 should enjoy it!
-Arkoth- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 10:50 AM   #12
Rockman

Post Thanks / Like
Rockman is an unknown quantity at this point

vista aint cool xp ftw with vista setting (more epic)
Rockman is offline   Reply With Quote