xsouldeath
Banned

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
xsouldeath is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Members speeding up sfo development

IN THE INTEREST OF SPEEDING UP SFO DEVELOPMENT .. ..think about it..how many years will it take for every sfo character to be completed?????? how many more characters are left to make?(how many moves per character..)
some of you may remember the day sakura was released it was invicible against sentinel with his diving move or whatever the helperr move, someone teased me saying "rocket punch didn't work???" *but this fast development was sure worth it.
ya um dont mind the screenshot below, but ya you did go from -men vs streetfighter to streetfighteronline lol..so if you wanted to make it the sickest game ever, you could get co-operation from mortalkombat and marve| vs capcom to make this game have so many amazing characters lol..sigh..although that is unlikely id say..

well for the makers of sfo 1. what is involved in the making of sfo.. and yeh i know macromedia shockwave directory and you make some clips and they play and you work out the bugs
.. but what could the members of the SFO community do to make this easier
can't members of sfo give a shot at helping to make 'clips' of a character and such, like the charactesr motion when they were hit etc. (well ya its probably in my skill set to do that..)
2. cant sfo people contribute more than just ideas. cant they do something like make sfo chat room skins.. or make SOMETHING that goes directly into sfo help in the next version
3. maybe members can provide steps for something like say the next character were to be that machine guy whatever his name is, who in marve| capcom says "firecannon boom boom boom " *or wahtever..

4. could members make music for sfo in whatever format necessary
5. could privledged members make mcodes
6. would it help if members made a profile on each of the characters to be made next and their moves and certain ideas on these new characters?
7. could a user offer to host the top scores on their own computer?
8. the router problem..sigh..hosting.. could that ever possibly in any way be fixed. i mean thats what prevents optimal gaming experience at internet cafes and such
9. could this game be listed on http://mpogd.com/ (multiplayer online game database) ive submitted it several times to no avail..
10. WHAT SPECIFIC SKILLS DOES IT TAKE TO BE ON THE DEVELOPMENT TEAM OF SFO. from wut i know sfo is a one man programming project, with the 'DEVELOPMENT TEAM' simply moderators who never see the 'code'?
11. like how long would it take to make a 'dummy' copy of every character, that say looks the way it should but just does hadokens or something. (that is a character made in appearance but doesnt have the moves added. what is the real slow-down in development..other than having a busy life.. would it be like the characters hard to make the right colors and stuff..couldnt others help..)
12. ya i know you dont want to make it open source coz its your hard work and thts now what im saying, just to help the updates come slightly more frequently, i was wondering what exactly it takes to make an update, and what say prevents you from releases an update in a week to say the development team to check out and see if it works or whatever.

to chicken_wing:well i see your point, however, why blame one person for a mistake, im sure he'd have his backups and such, so each member could at least give him one piece of sfo... just a little piece, anything you know..? this way tmyapp would get the parts and if he thinks theyre good enough he uses them or modifys as necessary. he wouldnt really have to disclose his code which he wants to keep secret. rather just like members 'vote for characters' they could provide something now..

willing to help
-xsouldeath(would be able to help in graphics making perhaps,coding,algorithms,logic,...)
post below if you have any particular skills you think u can contribute

xsouldeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 02:08 PM   #2
Cwing
SECTION 1 & 2

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 2648
Cwing is a jewel in the roughCwing is a jewel in the roughCwing is a jewel in the roughCwing is a jewel in the roughCwing is a jewel in the roughCwing is a jewel in the roughCwing is a jewel in the roughCwing is a jewel in the roughCwing is a jewel in the roughCwing is a jewel in the roughCwing is a jewel in the rough

TMy would rather work on the progamming himself since if he messes up it will be his fault and not the members.
Cwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 02:32 PM   #3
LiL_DRS
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 624
LiL_DRS is an unknown quantity at this point

from all the bad rep all xsoul have i dont think he will take any help from any of them,
LiL_DRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 02:33 PM   #4
xsouldeath
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

bleh. then u guys dont like this idea =( oh well
Old 03-17-2006, 03:00 PM   #5
Zpower
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Zpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the rough

(sorry for laughing).... But you really think Tmy would let you monkey around with SFO's inner most secretive aspects such as code and future updates? Think if Tmy let many people work on SFO.... and at what price.... people leeking future updates....hacking....more glitches than already present....etc.... Tmy may ask the community at times for help on ideas, new characters, and bugs that need fixed... but when it comes down to the actual work Tmy is the man whos doing it....no one eles... Im glad that you wanted to help so like many others....but truth is Tmy and I think his friend and maybe one other person does the actual coding, graphics, animations etc... and Im pretty sure it will stay that way...

rewopzmaI
Zpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 03:09 PM   #6
Cwing
SECTION 1 & 2

Post Thanks / Like
Cwing is a jewel in the roughCwing is a jewel in the roughCwing is a jewel in the roughCwing is a jewel in the roughCwing is a jewel in the roughCwing is a jewel in the roughCwing is a jewel in the roughCwing is a jewel in the roughCwing is a jewel in the roughCwing is a jewel in the roughCwing is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Zpower @ Mar. 17 2006,11:00)]but when it comes down to the actual work Tmy is the man whos doing it....no one eles... Im glad that you wanted to help so like many others....but truth is Tmy and I think his friend and maybe one other person does the actual coding, graphics, animations etc... and Im pretty sure it will stay that way...
Acutally TMy does all the programming in the game,no one else helps him.

Now your probally thinking about leftyfb who host's the server for the forum as the other "person".
Old 03-17-2006, 03:18 PM   #7
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

xsoul, it's not that we dislike th eidea, its that tmyapp himself has been asked for the last 4 years that very same question. and from what i heard and saw for myself... yes i too work with director... it would be too hard for anybody to get involved as he got his own templates and its something programmed with no time-line involved its all about lingo and such.

the only realy way you could help would be to create the cast members and place them int he proper order, but that would include you too know exactly how he places things and how he wants them to be placed which by him, would take too much time to show to anybody how to do it. thus he rather work at his pace and take the time he needs to create such a project.

its also the fact that even his best friend (LEFTYFB) has never seen the code itself. so for security reason he rather not share that code nor anything else that has to do with HIS game ! hope you understand his feelings about it. i sure do. but you could also program certain things and ask him if he can check it out, maybe it can give him new idea's and with luck maybe find some code he could copy paste then tweak and use into this.

you know he's always wanting to help other director users... but xsoul, i'm sorry to tell you, you're using a version inferiror to what he and i use !
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 03:18 PM   #8
xsouldeath
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

grr time to make my own sfo lol..=(
Old 03-17-2006, 03:23 PM   #9
Zpower
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Zpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the rough

Point is... you cant help sorry... anyways yes you could create your own sfo... but um considering the lawsuits, work, advertisment, money, and most of all time.... needed to do such a project big as SFO.....I suggest you just ride Tmy's ship since he is already sailing.... you would have to be an idiot to try and make another SFO considering the facts... unless ofcourse you had alot of time, money, patience, better ideas than Tmy has already thought of.....(considering he ask like every member for new ideas....Im sure he would be hundred steps ahead of you....), and just be stupid enough to try it then go ahead....

rewopzmaI
Old 03-17-2006, 03:37 PM   #10
xsouldeath
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

nah thts just some screenshot from google lol..but ya, as far as coding n stuff or making those clips activated at certain times, i get tht. lol making my own sfo.. lol certainly i could make a garbage version with basic 2d graphics tht damage would go through and slowly make tht in like visual basic or c++ then the router problem thing is solved but im sure thers benefits to shockwave and lol for copyright reasons i wouldnt program no sfo. iunno just so u know his code is like unstealable, unhackable with current trends. a .dcr exists and the .cct and .exe files etc. cant really be accessed in case any1 was gonna copy it directly coz i thought some ppl were getting dat idea..which of course is completly different then mine.
i mean couldnt people make images of sfo characters to a certain size at least and then of course made into various videos for when a character is hit,blockingn etc. wouldnt that help a bit.
Old 03-17-2006, 03:40 PM   #11
Zpower
VIP

Post Thanks / Like

Ask Tmy and see what he says....

rewopzmaI
Old 03-17-2006, 03:53 PM   #12
Cwing
SECTION 1 & 2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (xsouldeath @ Mar. 17 2006,11:37)]nah thts just some screenshot from google lol..but ya, as far as coding n stuff or making those clips activated at certain times, i get tht. lol making my own sfo.. lol certainly i could make a garbage version with basic 2d graphics tht damage would go through and slowly make tht in like visual basic or c++ then the router problem thing is solved but im sure thers benefits to shockwave and lol for copyright reasons i wouldnt program no sfo. iunno just so u know his code is like unstealable, unhackable with current trends. a .dcr exists and the .cct and .exe files etc. cant really be accessed in case any1 was gonna copy it directly coz i thought some ppl were getting dat idea..which of course is completly different then mine.
i mean couldnt people make images of sfo characters to a certain size at least and then of course made into various videos for when a character is hit,blockingn etc. wouldnt that help a bit.
g/l with that we'll see you back like in 10 years.
Old 03-17-2006, 05:00 PM   #13
el_playa
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
el_playa is an unknown quantity at this point

i dont know xsoul... maybe you should ask Tmy himself (if you ever see him around ) and i doubt its even gonna work... Security, Hacking, Getting into other accounts etc...
el_playa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 05:22 PM   #14
blockattack
SFO Admin

Tournaments Joined: 3
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1180
blockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to all
Visit blockattack's Facebook Visit blockattack's Twitter Visit blockattack's YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (xsouldeath @ Mar. 17 2006,4:18)]grr time to make my own sfo lol..=(
Ehhh....I like the idea...I like you making ur own game even better...and if you want, I could help ya out.

Need to contact blocky?
blockattack@streetfighteronline.com

blockattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 05:32 PM   #15
coolkilla
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
coolkilla is an unknown quantity at this point

Ahh yeah...Ive asked TMyApp himself why he doesnt have Nferno666 and LeftyFB help him out with the game and him and other mods/admins said that they cant help him because they do not know his mind..He would have to tell them what to do and how to do it..Your Considering making your own game? A new SFO at that well good luck topping this game..If I were you I wouldnt even waste the time and money..If your going to create a game Id say you make something thats not already out there..
coolkilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 05:52 PM   #16
Dark_Paladin_X

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 143
Dark_Paladin_X is a jewel in the roughDark_Paladin_X is a jewel in the roughDark_Paladin_X is a jewel in the roughDark_Paladin_X is a jewel in the roughDark_Paladin_X is a jewel in the roughDark_Paladin_X is a jewel in the roughDark_Paladin_X is a jewel in the roughDark_Paladin_X is a jewel in the roughDark_Paladin_X is a jewel in the roughDark_Paladin_X is a jewel in the roughDark_Paladin_X is a jewel in the rough

To make it nice and short...

TMyApp doens't want anyone "toy'ing" with his toy

Dark_Paladin_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 06:56 PM   #17
xsouldeath
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

i know im not asking for the whole code, *or maybe not even part of it, but what if we could just make some images and if they were good enough he uses them if not theyre garbge byebye.. and stuff ..u know?
lol fine dont go with my idea =( ..xsoulz own all lol... mmm maybe if i made another game... lol... yes..(secretly speaks to himself..muhahaha..)..or maybe not a game at all..but something worth money. something so good that the government fears it and people love it. lol pm me if youwanna know wut im talking about in the process of finding out you may be exposed to the xsoulz tho..just so you know and some of you already saw this. wut would ur best and only lover do if you were about to be run over by a car 1) laugh 2)cry 3) pretend not to see 4) run 5) call for help 6) jump in the way. you learn a lot.. peace

Old 03-17-2006, 10:20 PM   #18
Zpower
VIP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (xsouldeath @ Mar. 17 2006,7:56)]wut would ur best and only lover do if you were about to be run over by a car
yep..thats exactly the reason you shouldnt help Tmyapp .... what does a car crash have anything to do with this entire subject...

rewopzmaI
Old 03-18-2006, 02:51 PM   #19
(-KIllA13-)
Sponsored VIP

Tournaments Joined: 2
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 98
(-KIllA13-) is an unknown quantity at this point

Good try but ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST!!.

Y
(-KIllA13-) is offline   Reply With Quote