SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > NON-SFO Related > General

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Man Jumps From Empire State Building SolidSnake76 General 43 04-24-2007 09:25 AM
Any tips on beating a rocket crazed sent? el_playa General Comments & Strategies 20 06-03-2006 08:12 PM
Rocket punch Arkillion General Comments & Strategies 11 04-07-2006 07:38 PM
Super jumps ~H~JoninKakashi Bugs and Problems report 14 04-06-2006 05:10 PM

Old 05-03-2010, 02:42 PM   #1
SSJKarma
Banned

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice
Default Rocket Jumps FTW !!!!!!

I was in the nostalgia zone for a few moments and was looking at some old game suntil i ran to this game and was like... how are the noobs of today reacting to when they say the rockets insta kills them ? those noobs have no idea why rockets do this today.

first and foremost, it was to make it more realistic then it was back then. but back in the old days, back int h days of the very first thru polygonal 3D game ever, which was Quake. you could actually see the problems of such weapons.

heres examples and i can tell you again, ROCKET JUMPS, FTW !!!!!!!
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 03:07 PM   #2
jasonthekidd11

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 23
jasonthekidd11 will become famous soon enoughjasonthekidd11 will become famous soon enoughjasonthekidd11 will become famous soon enoughjasonthekidd11 will become famous soon enoughjasonthekidd11 will become famous soon enoughjasonthekidd11 will become famous soon enoughjasonthekidd11 will become famous soon enoughjasonthekidd11 will become famous soon enoughjasonthekidd11 will become famous soon enoughjasonthekidd11 will become famous soon enoughjasonthekidd11 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Rocket Jumps FTW !!!!!!

I don't get it? lol

Is this jsut a speed run, where do the rockets come in play?

7/7/7
11/11/11
jasonthekidd11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 03:22 PM   #3
GirrXO
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 10
GirrXO is an unknown quantity at this pointGirrXO is an unknown quantity at this pointGirrXO is an unknown quantity at this pointGirrXO is an unknown quantity at this point

i dont get it either.

<3 Everyone
GirrXO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 08:53 PM   #4
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

you guys haven't seen him throw nades, or shoots roclkets for himself to get higher reaches ?
relook at the video and spot them people.

because doing levels in 10 seconds top, is totally impossible without the rocket jumps or the single jump boost the guy gets. At one point, i dont know if its in this video though, he simply rocket jumps the whole level off directly to the exit. and i swear he's not using any cheats !

rocket jumps : the art of firing your rocket launcher at your feets to propel yourself to grounds that usually aren't attainables by regular means.

these were shut off in most games after that by making the rocket insta kill the guy if he is anywhere near it. but in the first few shooters of old. rockets were simply the best weapons, but weren't insta kills. thus people were using them to speed jump to places which led to people farming bullets of the said gun before any other could get there.

it also led to the creation of levels that were officially played to the vertical instead of horizontal.
aka, all space levels you've seen in unreal tournaments or the quake 3 arena games !
Old 05-03-2010, 11:25 PM   #5
Iplay2win
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
Iplay2win is an unknown quantity at this point

you can still do rocket jumps in the "more realistic" games (like Halo 2); you just need precise timing

back in doom and quake, you only died in one hit from a rocket if it hit you directly, so rocket jumps were easier to perform
Old 05-04-2010, 01:47 PM   #6
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

Iplay, worse then you think, rockets were never one shotting you at all.
even a direct hit wasn't enough !

as for todays games...
i have seen none, including HALO which enable such a move.
rockets of todays standards have a lot longer reach then they used to.
explosions coverts much more packs and that explosion even if not a direct hit can still one shot you. same with grenades.
in halo there are many guns, the strongest rocket propably cannot do this. i tryed them often in halo 1 and 2.
dont know about 3 and 4 though. but in 1 and 2, rocket jumps are impossible.

as for games like call of duty, their goal is to be realistic enough. and realism means blowing up if a rocket is shot at your feets. in real life shooting a rocket at your feet will probably kill you, not shoot you flying to the second floor of a building !

thats why i liked games of old better, not having realism made it a bit better and funnier to play !

Last edited by SSJKarma; 05-04-2010 at 01:51 PM.
Old 05-04-2010, 02:07 PM   #7
masterbob
Old Skool Gamer

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 54
masterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nice

you've never played team fortress 2?
Old 05-05-2010, 03:27 AM   #8
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

nope, i never were a fan of half-life mods !
i just think half-life had a good story but not a good engine !
Old 05-05-2010, 04:09 AM   #9
SFOUnionWorker
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
SFOUnionWorker is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation ....

There are still a few games that still allow rocket jumping, including halo 2 if you do not aim directly at your feet, otherwise if you accidently it yourself you are dead.
SFOUnionWorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 12:30 PM   #10
masterbob
Old Skool Gamer

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 54
masterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJKarma View Post
nope, i never were a fan of half-life mods !
i just think half-life had a good story but not a good engine !
lol team fortress 2 has nothing to do with half-life 0_o
Old 05-05-2010, 12:43 PM   #11
Serious_Fighter
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 20
Serious_Fighter is an unknown quantity at this point

i was watchin this and from the start all i herd were some manly sex noises lol (no homo) they really should change that dudes sound man lol.
Serious_Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 12:52 PM   #12
KingofStreetfighter101
SECTION 1 & 2

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 33
KingofStreetfighter101 is a jewel in the roughKingofStreetfighter101 is a jewel in the roughKingofStreetfighter101 is a jewel in the roughKingofStreetfighter101 is a jewel in the roughKingofStreetfighter101 is a jewel in the roughKingofStreetfighter101 is a jewel in the roughKingofStreetfighter101 is a jewel in the roughKingofStreetfighter101 is a jewel in the roughKingofStreetfighter101 is a jewel in the roughKingofStreetfighter101 is a jewel in the roughKingofStreetfighter101 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFOUnionWorker View Post
There are still a few games that still allow rocket jumping, including halo 2 if you do not aim directly at your feet, otherwise if you accidently it yourself you are dead.
Not really, what you are thinking of are super jumps in halo 2. Its a flaw in Halo 2's havok engine that (if timed correctly) can allow the player to jump SUPPPPPPPPPPER high. Youtube it.

As for rocket jumping, i have fond memories attempting to rocket jump in doom 2 online with dial-up ... Not the smartest of ideas.
KingofStreetfighter101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 01:52 AM   #13
Orlando0
SECTION 1 & 2

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 45
Orlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the rough
Visit Orlando0's YouTube

I never was man e nough to perform a rocket jump in any game. I always stuck to grenade jumping.

Also Karma, you're too old fashioned. Even I know TF2 isn't a Half Life mod. It's a "new" game that has rocket jumping in one of their classes (The Soldier). Hell, they even went and added an item that reduces damage from your rocket jump.
Orlando0 is offline   Reply With Quote