SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > Street Fighter Online > General Comments & Strategies

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2 of SFO's members.. (!_Isolated-King_!) Links 3 09-24-2007 06:40 AM
To all the members of SFO.. 1-hitta RaNdOm iNsAnItY 39 08-08-2007 10:39 AM
New members azncat New Features 16 10-29-2006 11:51 AM
45 members? Rey619RvD RaNdOm iNsAnItY 14 09-23-2006 08:43 PM

Old 06-25-2006, 01:42 PM   #1
Omar Ayyub

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
Omar Ayyub is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: To all new members

don't u new juys think it is anooying with that tournament thing like you have 2 reach a certain amount 2 host a touni. plus all the people call u a ne.wbie and ppl just ignore u. but i think that the worst 1 is the tounament 1. plz all new members or old reply.

Old 06-25-2006, 02:17 PM   #2
LegacyofKain
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
LegacyofKain is an unknown quantity at this point

erm....no?

every new starter thats come since DWX as wanted to host a tourny and do so in an amazingly horrible fashion with no organisation.

I suggest either joining one or just looking at the layouts etc until your allowed to host tournaments.

btw DON'T DOUBLE POST read the forum rulez

LegacyofKain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 07:13 PM   #3
asshole

Post Thanks / Like
asshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the rough

In all honesty, I think he's kind of right.. think about it.. I stated tha game back in sePt(or Augus) or something and I didn't join tha forums til Dec.. so, I had MORE than enough exPerience and everything about tha game and what to do, but in this case.. I wouldn't be able to HOST a tourney, JUST BECAUSE OF MY POST COUNT!?

Then again, I also support the SFO Leaders IDEA abotu just ANYONE makin a Tourney..
But still... they HAVE to talk to TMy to make a tourney official, so.. HE GETS to decide.. ya know?

I don't know.. I think it's just gonna cause a WHOLE bunch of sPamming this way..

=[
asshole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 07:52 PM   #4
azncat
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 40
azncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura about

If nuberts were able to host tourneys and they were smart enough they'd probably use that to increase their post count and then not even host the tourney :/
azncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 07:54 PM   #5
asshole

Post Thanks / Like
asshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the rough

I'm sure EVERYBOD(who Posts) knows how to increase Post counts!
Ya know..!

=[
Old 06-25-2006, 08:01 PM   #6
azncat
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
azncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (asshole @ June 25 2006,20:54)]I'm sure EVERYBOD(who Posts) *knows how to increase Post counts!
Ya know..!
Yea, but hosting a tourney and then not actually going along with it seems like the most discreet way of spamming does it not?
Old 06-26-2006, 01:30 AM   #7
asshole

Post Thanks / Like

True... but did ya read my examPle?

=[
Old 06-26-2006, 07:50 AM   #8
Omar Ayyub

Post Thanks / Like
Omar Ayyub is an unknown quantity at this point

so now i just spmmed in random insanity and now i can't host tourni's but i still feel sad 4 those ppl who wanted 2 host touni's
Old 06-26-2006, 08:35 AM   #9
Pyroteq

Post Thanks / Like
Pyroteq is an unknown quantity at this point

New members shouldn't be able to host tourneys. It's not that they're stupid, it's just that most of them don't know how to actually host a tourney properly and finish it.

And to asshole, I've been on SFO for a long while but only signed up on the forum recently so even though I'm far from a new member, I'm still classified as one. That means I can't host a tourney or start topics in the bugs section, yet this doesn't bother me. If TmyApp removed the limitations on new members, the bugs server would be full of "He cheated" posts and the touney server would be full of half-baked tourneys. Basically what I'm saying is that putting a few limitations on old members who are new to the forum is worth getting rid of all the useless threads that would appear if new members were allowed to host touneys freely.

Pyroteq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 09:17 AM   #10
el_playa
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
el_playa is an unknown quantity at this point

Well.. what's the post count right now to change your status..
i mean does it really matter.
They did this to stop new members from randomly starting tournaments that don't really make sense.
and the tournaments that some make dont even survive past thee registration page.
so NO its not to increase your post count but it is to stop new members from doing something they don't know about.
el_playa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 10:23 AM   #11
LegacyofKain
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
LegacyofKain is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Pyroteq @ June 26 2006,09:35)]New members shouldn't be able to host tourneys. It's not that they're stupid, it's just that most of them don't know how to actually host a tourney properly and finish it.

And to asshole, I've been on SFO for a long while but only signed up on the forum recently so even though I'm far from a new member, I'm still classified as one. That means I can't host a tourney or start topics in the bugs section, yet this doesn't bother me. If TmyApp made removed the limitations on new members, the bugs server would be full of "He cheated" posts and the touney server would be full of half-baked tourneys. Basically what I'm saying is that putting a few limitations on old members who are new to the forum is worth getting rid of all the useless threads that would appear if new members were allowed to touneys freely.
like wise,i only botherd signing up here when BG was on the rocks and sinking,so i can see where your coming from.

Shame we can't just register our IGN to the forum,i mean our IGN's should have a date to when they were made right?

in which case if youcud just register that name to here you could go by the date you started that account as opposed to the date you started on the forum.

But as a generalisation,most new members to the forums are new and as such have such inabilites as to how tournaments work etc.

I got your point but it's just alot better than watching the crap build up in the tournaments section.

LegacyofKain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 10:28 AM   #12
No1 Killer
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
No1 Killer is an unknown quantity at this point

really i think its a dumb idead 2 coz just of post counts ppl might just spam and become a member and then host a touni man.

No1 Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 10:31 AM   #13
Nferno666

Tournaments Joined: 2
Tournaments Won: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 512
Nferno666 is just really niceNferno666 is just really niceNferno666 is just really niceNferno666 is just really niceNferno666 is just really niceNferno666 is just really niceNferno666 is just really niceNferno666 is just really niceNferno666 is just really niceNferno666 is just really niceNferno666 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (No1 Killer @ June 26 2006,08:28)]really i think its a dumb idead 2 coz just of post counts ppl might just spam and become a member and then host a touni man.
well not really since most kids go and spam in the RI section which is where the posts DON'T count...so we can monitor if they spam in the SFO sections and rolled back their post count every once in a while followed with warnings.

XMVSSF/SFO Record: Wins: 24,549(94.12%) Losses: 1,534(5.88%) Total: 26,083 As of 02/07/12
Nferno666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 12:46 PM   #14
azncat
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Nferno666 @ June 26 2006,11:31)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (No1 Killer @ June 26 2006,08:28)]really i think its a dumb idead 2 coz just of post counts ppl might just spam and become a member and then host a touni man.
well not really since most kids go and spam in the RI section which is where the posts DON'T count...so we can monitor if they spam in the SFO sections and rolled back their post count every once in a while followed with warnings.
Like me.

Except I don't rollbacks.

@asshole:

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]It's not that they're stupid, it's just that most of them don't know how to actually host a tourney properly and finish it.