Is this a real game? Keman333 Links 1 05-15-2006 12:18 PM

Old 01-06-2012, 10:31 PM   #1
SSJKarma
Banned

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice
Default Real Steel Video Game

This is so much fun to play, a true fighting game, you can walk around. hit the dodge button and crouch or hold it while swaying left right or back to avoid punches. you can even hit the block buttons to either time counter attacks or simply block the upcoming move.

i seriously love this game.
just played the demo in the arcade section of the xbox360 market and it was awesome. go on try it on.
as for me im gonna buy it up.
it has everything, multiplayer online and offline.
i just love that fighting game. true control of your boxing abilities.

heres the trailer of it.
[URL="
"]Real Steel Video Game, Debut Trailer | Video Clip | Game Trailers & Videos | GameTrailers.com

EDIT:
beware, **** move from creators, there is a micro-transaction system. which means even if game costes you 10 bucks, it might cost you up to a good 5-10 times more just to get every designer packs and paints.

Last edited by SSJKarma; 01-06-2012 at 10:33 PM.
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 12:08 AM   #2
(~_PortaLioN_~)
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
(~_PortaLioN_~) is an unknown quantity at this point(~_PortaLioN_~) is an unknown quantity at this point(~_PortaLioN_~) is an unknown quantity at this point(~_PortaLioN_~) is an unknown quantity at this point(~_PortaLioN_~) is an unknown quantity at this point(~_PortaLioN_~) is an unknown quantity at this point(~_PortaLioN_~) is an unknown quantity at this point
Visit (~_PortaLioN_~)'s YouTube
Default Re: Real Steel Video Game

the movie was cool so does this game >< i usually hate games that are based on movies but this looks fun.
Old 01-07-2012, 12:36 AM   #3
-Elite_Ken-
EVIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 77
-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough

I disliked this (Played only the Demo). I just think that the recovery time between getting hit and then for you to hit back is too long. I find myself getting assulted after taking any hit at all.

I take 1 hit, and I have to wait to block or attack back...by that time I just get repeatedly hit back.

Unless I get all the hits, am screwed...not to mention getting low on power if I spam....So I can't sit and spam

So I give this a

And yeah its my opinion, so feel free to try it yourself.
Old 01-07-2012, 02:20 AM   #4
Master08
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Master08 is an unknown quantity at this point
Visit Master08's Facebook Visit Master08's YouTube
Thumbs up :)

The film was just WOW, Loved the film (The best film iv watched in 2011) but the game looks rubish but you gotta try it before you say its looks rubish! haha! Iv never liked a game from a movie TBH !
Old 01-07-2012, 03:56 AM   #5
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

Elite-Ken, i figured as much myself, until i figured out that the faster you push the button the better your response time is. as in the game actually uses a timing system. meaning to have an effective block you have to not be blocking ay before th ehit started. basically the game forces you to be much like a real boxer, you wouldn't just block in front of a not doing anything enemy.

the only thing i have a problem with in this game and im trying to understand it, is how to make special moves which i have yet to be able to do.

as for the movie to video game comparison, i find it entirely missing in this one.
the reality is, this game focuses on the real matter which is not the story you saw on film, but your own story that you will do here.

so consider this has a side story to the movie.
because its the story of you trying to become the new champion of the real steel championship.

moves wise...
well the movie had a lot of underground everything is allowed fights.
this game comes back to the basics of real steel, the real boxing.
i am a very big fan of the movie... the game is awesome to me because it allows me to create my own robot and duke it out against others. its not cool because of the story because it seriously has next to none.

but just like any boxing games or WWE games for that matter, the story doesn'T matter... the only that does is that your created character gets to the top. and thats what i saw in this game.

adding back onto EK answer...
the thing is timing is a lot more important then the rest.
i have often dodged a blow, only to see my counter attack be parryed or blocked.
but reality as it is... i literraly crouched, an actual counter attack on that is pretty hard.

you also need to lower your attack pattern and or high back high and do mixes of both.
the main point being that it is like a real boxing system. your choices of dodges, counter attacks and even moves to begin with are huge lists. it all depends on your reflexes and how you will react to your opponents. just like in real boxing.

my conclusion, if you aren't a fan of boxing to begin with... then dont play this game.
if you are, it might be one of the best game you ever played. the way the 2D style fighting mixed up with 3D movements and dodges makes it a great fighting game.
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 10:41 AM   #6
Zpower
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Zpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the rough

The movie was interesting. However, this game doesn't look interesting.

I think I would spend my time making real robots, instead of playing this video-game about robots.

rewopzmaI
Zpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 12:54 PM   #7
Orlando0
SECTION 1 & 2

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 45
Orlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the rough
Visit Orlando0's YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJKarma View Post
EDIT:
beware, **** move from creators, there is a micro-transaction system. which means even if game costes you 10 bucks, it might cost you up to a good 5-10 times more just to get every designer packs and paints.

Yes, DLC is common place among video games nowadays. Might want to check that it isn't early unlock first though.
Orlando0 is offline   Reply With Quote