SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > Street Fighter Online > General Comments & Strategies

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Whats left of sfo? killerdude10 General Comments & Strategies 12 06-13-2009 04:57 AM
Left 4 Dead 2 evryoung8998 General 14 06-12-2009 05:39 AM
Left 4 Dead evryoung8998 RaNdOm iNsAnItY 1 05-07-2009 06:18 PM
I never left Iplay2win RaNdOm iNsAnItY 11 12-06-2008 09:39 AM
Say something about the person to the left of you Cwing RaNdOm iNsAnItY 9 10-30-2005 04:23 PM

Old 04-09-2009, 09:19 PM   #1
Wolfeh
Banned

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1337
Wolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to all
Visit Wolfeh's YouTube Visit Wolfeh's Last.FM
Default Re: Why I never left SFO.

Some people, who shall remain nameless, wondered why the flip I even kept playing this fliping game so long. Why I waited until NOW to retire.

Well, I think I'm going to let everyone know, now.

It's no secret to those of you who know me that I've always been a "fliped up individual."

Well, Wolfy's gonna open up to the community for the first time. YAY!

Right. So. Anyway.

Here's the background to the reason.

I had a really poopty family life. Extremely poopty. Epically poopty. And most if it stemmed from my father, though my mother was about as helpful as a cadaver. So, in order to keep myself out of that place, I'd spend most of my time living at my long-term girlfriend's house. But obviously I couldn't sleep over at my girlfriend's house. Her parents had their limits. So, I'd have to go home, right?

Wrong. I'd go to the beach and spend all night getting fliped up on drugs, pills and alcohol. I'd spend maybe 24 hours a week at my own house. And that really didn't help the situation at all, ya know?

Essentially, I'd kill myself in order to preserve myself. YAY.

But... XvsSF was there. And instead of doing poop that was bad for me, I'd play XvsSF. Plain and simple, it gave me something to do that wasn't... Bad?

For most of 2004, I wasn't on SFO. But at the time, I had gone through the worst period of my life. I was living with my Aunt due to the fact that my father was in jail and my mother was... My mother. And to top things off, one of my best friends in my life had died. I was an alcoholic. And it took three people to keep me from going insane. Finally, I joined SFO. I had nothing else to do and... I, once again, had something else to do besides kill myself with drugs and booze.

As emo and stupid as it sounds, the reason I never quit the game was essentially because it was instrumental in the preservation of my life? So... There.

I can't say that I haven't hated this game at times. But I didn't turn my back on it because I owed that much to it.
Wolfeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 10:09 PM   #2
jasonthekidd11

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 23
jasonthekidd11 will become famous soon enoughjasonthekidd11 will become famous soon enoughjasonthekidd11 will become famous soon enoughjasonthekidd11 will become famous soon enoughjasonthekidd11 will become famous soon enoughjasonthekidd11 will become famous soon enoughjasonthekidd11 will become famous soon enoughjasonthekidd11 will become famous soon enoughjasonthekidd11 will become famous soon enoughjasonthekidd11 will become famous soon enoughjasonthekidd11 will become famous soon enough

Much respect to you for posting that.

Honestly for all of us there is a reason why were still here beyond a certain age.

At first for majority of us it may have started as "I'm bored and I found this fun game"

Then we reach a certain age and are still involved in the forum itself. It is from that point that bored slowly becomes a certain amount of unhappiness.
At that point it is no longer that we may be bored, but that we are missing something in our life that doesn't fulfill a certain amount of happiness.

For each of us our stories are different, but I feel as though that underlying value, that we are trying to fill something within our own lives, still remains.

We want some sense of community that we don't have within our own lives, and almost to "feel important" we have a persona on this forum that allows us to feel whatever we're missing.

So when someone actually does leave SFO, I see that more as an accomplishment because they have found something that they were missing and by finding happiness within that, they are able to move on.

I want to say though that I'm not trying to bash anyone who is here, after all I'm still here aren't I ; )
Hopefully we'll all reach a point where we find something different that also makes us happy. However for others the happiness that is gained from here is enough.

So don't be so quick to judge everyone and be nice to everyone you meet
[Had to leave some kind of hope in this message lol]

7/7/7
11/11/11
jasonthekidd11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 10:11 PM   #3
system4

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 116
system4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the rough

Nice little story.. I'm happy this game is keeping you from doing the "unpredictable.."

system4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 10:16 PM   #4
(-Impulse-)
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 16
(-Impulse-) will become famous soon enough(-Impulse-) will become famous soon enough(-Impulse-) will become famous soon enough(-Impulse-) will become famous soon enough(-Impulse-) will become famous soon enough(-Impulse-) will become famous soon enough(-Impulse-) will become famous soon enough(-Impulse-) will become famous soon enough(-Impulse-) will become famous soon enough(-Impulse-) will become famous soon enough(-Impulse-) will become famous soon enough

I wonder if anyone else's story (that is from 01 of course) can be as great as this story.

Good Read, now we know why you've been around so long.
Old 04-10-2009, 12:19 AM   #5
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 776
TitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of light

That is a very good reason to have played the game for so long. Not that you owe anyone on the face of God's green earth a reason or an explanation, but thanks for sharing your story. In our darkest times, we all need someone positive, or something, or someplace to lift us up. I'm glad this place/game and the people here were that for you.

Click Here to Vote for the Storm Dream Goal.
TitaniumFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 01:31 AM   #6
Master_Jay

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 6
Master_Jay is just really niceMaster_Jay is just really niceMaster_Jay is just really niceMaster_Jay is just really niceMaster_Jay is just really niceMaster_Jay is just really niceMaster_Jay is just really niceMaster_Jay is just really niceMaster_Jay is just really niceMaster_Jay is just really niceMaster_Jay is just really nice

Heh. Street Fighter Online: Saving lives since 2001.
1. Master Jay (English scholar, who can destroy anyone verbally without actually attacking them)
Master_Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 04:02 PM   #7
-AlphaRiku-
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 840
-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Master_Jay @ April 10 2009,00:31)]Heh. Street Fighter Online: Saving lives since 2001.
that would be a good bumper sticker lol, like beer helping white guys dance since 1968 lol

Clan Battle Record 121-6
6 Tournament Winner Titles
-AlphaRiku- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 04:53 PM   #8
beyond4real
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
beyond4real is an unknown quantity at this point

Dam and i bitch about my parents all the time
Old 04-11-2009, 05:19 PM   #9
PaddyWallace
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 3
PaddyWallace is an unknown quantity at this point
Visit PaddyWallace's YouTube

Much repect for opening up even though I don't know you Wolfeh. Everyone has or will have issues and i'm sorry to hear of yours!

Good Luck with Everything...!

[#2 SSOTS Winner 2008]
[#5 Best Spidey user of 2008]
[#2 Best SFO Camera Club Member of 2008]
PaddyWallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 05:20 AM   #10
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

glad that you finally came to your senses wolfe...
now get into your house and try to fix it for a change !
joking about it, i have th ebest parents ever, fortunetly !
might be why i am 28 and still living with them !

life is never has depressive as it may look like.
mother as helping as a cadaver... unless she is a cadaver, or anywhere near the bag or table, i doubt that to be true. father in prison, not even an argument there. sure he deserved it, nonetheless your father, he is bound to have brought you something even if just your life to begin with !

i know it might be a bit rash for me to say this when i got this beautifull familly to live with. but its what i think, i'm a simple person that like things simple. i'm a negative person who always see the negative energies more then the positive ones. never have i see familly has a burden though, never reguardless of how down the situation seems to go.

never fear hell i say, as we are in it already, what you do in it is all up to you !
in life there will always be more downside then good sides... but isn't that which makes us human to begin with ? our ability to live thru reguardless of the situation ?

for my part SFO was starting to be my downfall back in the days...
i used to think of sfo as my new familly. the place where they understand me when i talk, the place where it was good living in. this was my downfall, it ended up tearing me apart ! i understood better the day roll and me got into an argument... how could have i falled in love with someone i had never met, someone thousands of kilometters away from me. when we argued that day i fell broken, just like someone who had just took a sledge hammer and hitted my brain into the nearest wall. that day i understood one thing... sometimes, our emotions takes too much of us. that day i finally could say farewell to SFO.

see, for some it saved their lives, for me it was the inverse, it was taking it away from me. but in the end, it helped me see a part of me that i hadn't ever seen before. at some point i felt like i was left on the bench by the others, including tmyapp... how many arguments did i have like that with everybody around me. in the end it all came back to ME, sfo was not in cause to begin with... it was just plain ME !

you're retiring cause of that, makes me laugh !
there is no reason at all to leave something to begin with.
no reason at all, we are here cause we want to, the day we retire is the day we don't want to be here anymore !
after 8 years, i still find time to come here and have fun !
the day i'll leave SFO, is the day i will not be having fun anymore. that day won't happen until far in my 50ies !
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 09:50 AM   #11
asshole

Post Thanks / Like
asshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the rough

I'm glad you trust us enough to open up bro.
And I'm even more glad you didn't do anything even more stupid than drugs. (You know what I mean.)

I hope life is well for you right now, and THAT'S the reason you're deciding to leave SFO behind, and not because you want to go back to your old ways. I really hope that.

P.S- you have to stop with saying that "I'm a fliped up individual" because you aren't. No more than I have been at times, and no more than some of the people I know in life. Because by you keep saying that person, you might start to believe it. And then it's all downhill from there (or maybe uphill if you have enough will to survive).
For the past few years, I have always lived by this quote:
"Think it, mean it and you'll be it."
Now of course that doesn't mean I'll become a God, or start flying, or make wine out of lemonade, but it does help me keep my head up and help me with confidence. Ya know?

But, I wish the very best for you and everyone else.

=[
asshole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 10:14 AM   #12
Murder-Ink

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 73
Murder-Ink will become famous soon enoughMurder-Ink will become famous soon enoughMurder-Ink will become famous soon enoughMurder-Ink will become famous soon enoughMurder-Ink will become famous soon enoughMurder-Ink will become famous soon enoughMurder-Ink will become famous soon enoughMurder-Ink will become famous soon enoughMurder-Ink will become famous soon enoughMurder-Ink will become famous soon enoughMurder-Ink will become famous soon enough

very little will admit they have went threw that much
Murder-Ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 05:11 PM   #13
MegaDarkness
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
MegaDarkness is an unknown quantity at this point

=O after that i swear on my unmade grave that I will never disrespect you again
MegaDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 06:05 PM   #14
haspinwal
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
haspinwal is an unknown quantity at this point

.... peace out man.
Glad to see that SFO has helped you on your path.
haspinwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 09:50 PM   #15
Zpower
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Zpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the rough

In life, we all face demons that we must find the will to overcome. No, I'm not talking about actual demons, with horns and wings. I'm talking about struggles and pain and misery and let downs and hardships and crying nights and joyless days. I'm talking about the times when you feel like there is no need to go on, no need to fight to survive, in a life that so cruelly and coldly shrugs its shoulders when you ask for help. It's moments like these where you question the existence of a God or Gods. Where you wish that if there was a God, would he/she/it be so kind to lend a hand, in your struggles.

But, I've learned no matter how much you pray, no matter how much you wish, no matter how much you cry and yell and scream and drink alcohol or take pills, etc the only thing that can help you overcome is yourself. Sometimes there are no shoulders to cry on, no ears to listen to your cries or comforting voice to say the right words. You must find the will inside yourself no matter how hard it maybe, to carry on. In very bad hardships, trying to find the will to overcome can feel like trying to move a mountain with just your arms and legs. However, you must have the hope for a brighter future, in your mind. You must have your dreams of better days and nights, to focus on as you go through your struggle.

You may cry, you may get extremely tired, bored, exhausted, angry, extremely angry, furiously extremely to the point where you want to explode with madness with anger, but you must find that small ounce of will, to carry on. What is will? Will, in my opinion, is a force. A force in which you can grab hold to, and it will carry you through whatever storm you face. Where does this force come from? It comes from inside yourself. That little bit of hope, of a better day, that's stored inside of you, in times of emergencies.

So, Wolfe, I hope when your days become cloudy and your nights become long and when it seems all your will and hope is gone, that you will dig deep inside of yourself and find that little ounce, that little microscopic piece of hope, to change into will power and use it, to carry yourself through whatever it is you may face. You have to tell yourself that no matter what happens, in this physical world, that in end I'll make it one way or the other. In life, anything can happen, so you must be prepared for anything and everything.

I'm glad this game was a place of refuge, for you, in your times of need. You should do like me however, I rarely play this game, but I do lurk around often. *

rewopzmaI
Zpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 10:03 PM   #16
guitarrocker

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 174
guitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the rough

Oh Wolfeh.. my partner in crime..

BoB > SFO! heh

I wish I could say Sfo made me stop doing drugs.. it actually makes me wanna smoke more 0.0 kinda weird..

Anyways, if you come here I'll introduce you to Mr. Waters.. will that make you happy? :P
Old 04-15-2009, 02:07 AM   #17
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

can we please not ask people to do drugs ?
kids are listening ya know !
oh right, you're one =8-D
Old 04-15-2009, 10:20 PM   #18
guitarrocker

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 174
guitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the rough

hmmm yeah you don't know me so don't judge. If you really wanna call me a kid? Come here I'll show you what a real person does in a day.. working construction full-time. Lets see you carry bundles of shingles up a ladder. Calling me a kid, who the hell do you think you are? I'm here doing 12 hour days.. I enjoy doing.. hmm lets say getting my green vegetables .. because its something I enjoy doing. So what? Someone that enjoys doing something, crucify me.

And who was I asking to do drugs? Nobody.
Old 04-16-2009, 04:35 AM   #19
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

first of all i was kidding !
you would have understood if ya had seen the smilly beside the sentence.

second of it... who's mister waters then ?
its easy to mistake it for something else you know ! =8-D

Old 04-16-2009, 07:49 AM   #20
The Exiled
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
The Exiled has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ((TRG)spidey @ April 09 2009,21:16)]I wonder if anyone else's story (that is from 01 of course) can be as great as this story.

why does the person have to be from 01? there could be someone from 09 who go through the same stuff. stop trying to put 01 above anyone else.

@ Wolf: i remember u told me about your friend who died along time ago(the last year the first bg was around) and i should say that you took the situation alot lighter than i would have. i couldn't picture myself in that situation.

<u>Versatility</u></center>
The Exiled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 03:50 PM   #21
bloodpack
Super Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 37
bloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nice

so i guess SFO can be a rehabilitative/therapeutic solution in life's problems, eh?

well, i myself, is somewhat an antisocial individual meaning i dont do well mingling with other people and i mostly prefer to be alone

but i guess, its still best if live our lives in reality than spending our time in cyberspace

i appreciate your openess, and although, we here are all different people, we DO all have something in common...and that we find ourselves more at ease spending our time here than spending or being open with real people in our lives
bloodpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 05:13 PM   #22
azncat
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
azncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura about

poop happens. Life ain't fair.

Interwebs is a facet of fantasy to get away from the real world, ya dig. Though, it only helps for so long. Best be gettin your life together, figuring out what you should do and what's best for you right nao, rather than rotting your life away infront of the computer. Go get an education, it won't kill you.
azncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 05:53 PM   #23
blockattack

Tournaments Joined: 3
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1180
blockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to all
Visit blockattack's Facebook Visit blockattack's Twitter Visit blockattack's YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (The Exiled @ April 16 2009,06:49)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ((TRG)spidey @ April 09 2009,21:16)]I wonder if anyone else's story (that is from 01 of course) can be as great as this story.

why does the person have to be from 01? there could be someone from 09 who go through the same stuff. stop trying to put 01 above anyone else.

@ Wolf: i remember u told me about your friend who died along time ago(the last year the first bg was around) and i should say that you took the situation alot lighter than i would have. i couldn't picture myself in that situation.
01 has seniority over everything O_o .. you didnt know?

Need to contact blocky?
blockattack@streetfighteronline.com

blockattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 06:37 PM   #24
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

01 is better, why ? because we came here before we became adult, now that we are adults, we're still here !
Old 04-23-2009, 12:43 AM   #25
azncat
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
azncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura about

I not an adult. I'm still waiting on my left nut to drop.

Oh, there it goes...
azncat is offline   Reply With Quote