DBZ lost ep GokuS2 RaNdOm iNsAnItY 18 10-14-2007 01:09 PM
Im lost 1-hitta Banners, Avatars and Images 4 06-09-2006 02:35 PM

Old 10-28-2015, 12:59 AM   #1
TitaniumFist

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 776
TitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of light
Exclamation We Lost a Good Man: Kalvin. A. McFadden (Also known as (-Kam-)

It is my sad, sad, duty to inform you all that one of our brightest community members and moderators has passed away.

After a long battle with Cystic Fibrosis, detailed by (-Kam-), here our friend, Kalvin A. McFadden, died on September 19th, 2015.

I wish we'd known him better, and known of his passing sooner. I'll take the burden of that responsibility for not checking in on him.

I didn't know the man very well, and we didn't talk often, but I knew him as a young man with high aspirations to move past and correct his mistakes, to make more of his time in this community, this world.

I knew him as a colleague on the staff. He was, without a doubt, the brightest rising star in our midst...in our tight knit crew of old geezers, he had the freshest ideas.

He challenged what was possible with the game. When I pushed back against new, crazy, **** he wanted to do, he didn't hang his head in shame, he found another way to do it that was secure, and in line with the way we do things here.

As with all sysops, the years here have hardened me against possible breaches, and I don't ease up sometimes...but despite me being a hardass, he never lost hope.

I kid you not. He never lost hope on a single idea. He simply found a way to make it better.

And it is clear to see where he got that fighting spirit from he applied to his work here--from his life, his struggles, and his hope for a brighter future, no matter what was in store for him.

I enjoyed my talks with him on ICQ, or in the forum, or simply watching him argue and debate the mechanics of what was and wasn't possible with Karma. He did all of it without malice, and with a sense of level-headed, coolness that many who aspire to have the rank he earned do not have.

I will miss his presence in our community.

He had an impact on this game, this community, our staff, that will be sorely missed.

That impact went all the way up to our community's founder, TMyApp.

Kam spoke to him regularly on ICQ, and he last updated us on his condition in August. It wasn't good.

Yesterday, TMyApp asked me to see if we could reach him. That prompted me to ask in the mod section (and make the public post to Kam's topic). Soon after, Liquidsnake informed us of his passing.

Here is a public link I could find to his obituary details:

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/phi...?pid=175947045

This is his facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/TSM.Kam?fref=ts

Music:

https://www.youtube.com/user/kamproduction1/videos

We (TMyApp, the staff) are not sure what we'll do yet, but we are looking into options for how to let his family know what he meant to us, and how to help them financially, even if it is a drop in the bucket.

There will be a public copy of this thread for members to post to, and I ask staff members to post to that one to grieve for and share memories of our brother.

Rest in peace, Kalvin.

Click Here to Vote for the Storm Dream Goal.

Last edited by TitaniumFist; 10-28-2015 at 01:18 AM.
TitaniumFist is offline   Reply With Quote