SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > Street Fighter Online > New Features

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tournament/Event Winners Sound Prize jasonthekidd11 New Features 37 04-04-2010 08:57 AM
:RR Pt.1 Winners: system4 General Discussion 21 10-22-2009 09:33 AM
SS Winners DwAyN3 General Comments & Strategies 9 07-13-2009 10:41 AM
Tournament Winners effects :D MEGA_DRACOS_XRL New Features 23 09-15-2007 12:07 PM

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 09:23 AM   #1
Blade

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 8
Blade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Tournament Winners

This idea came about a while ago, and I mentioned it in blockattack's SFO Improvement thread. Yet here it goes again;

Many of you will agree with me when I say; there is now, more than ever a large number of tournament winners. This as a result has made the tournament banner lose merit, which is unfair on those who are actual tournament winners.

Now, the major increase in tournament winners was caused by the many events held by TMyApp - in regards to DWX:FS, and SS and the other staff members. Where those who participated in the event would win a Tournament Banner and X amount of coloured characters.

I suggest instead of giving users who participate in events a Tournament Banner, give them a Event Banner. The perks of which include:

- A unique colour and sound upon entering a server
- A Event Winner Banner; (~BLADE~) (Event Winner)
- A coloured character: Standardly with a t banner you receive an aqua ryu; something along the lines of this: or a colour character which was connected to the event.
- Helper? Doom, Sakura?

The benefits of this will really be for actual Tournament Winners. It will increase the merit of both usergroups; in the sense that there won't be a large number of one.

So yeah please feel free to post your opinions, and feedback on the idea.
Old 12-30-2007, 10:32 AM   #2
(Fallen_Angel)
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
(Fallen_Angel) is an unknown quantity at this point

gd idea in my opinion, its a bit of a farce that a non tournament winner enters the lobby with a tournament winner banner, when he or she did not truely earn it by being one of the best fighters.
Old 12-30-2007, 05:56 PM   #3
DestinationWeaponX
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
DestinationWeaponX is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah i see were you are coming from with this one (~Blade~) at first i thought it was out of jelossy i guees i was wrong and i appologise for that.

But i would have to agree with wat you say you should change the turnament winner banner in to envent winner i mean they had accomplished something but i dont think they deserved to be called a turneywinner not at. I dont mean to be a jurk and offend anybosy sure you won a special event help by Tmy or the SFO staff and you should be rewarded for it....

But in my opion if you wene a turnament or something of that sort thene you can be reconized with the words (TurnamentWinner).

So (~BLADE~) you have my support.

My Latest Work^^
Old 01-01-2008, 02:17 PM   #4
~DSA~MasterJugg
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
~DSA~MasterJugg is an unknown quantity at this point
Visit ~DSA~MasterJugg's YouTube

pretty nice idea..
when u enter in the servers u see a lot of pplz with tourney wnner banner o_0

Click ^
Old 01-01-2008, 02:25 PM   #5
Orlando0
SECTION 1 & 2

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 45
Orlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the rough
Visit Orlando0's YouTube

This idea wins.

All that's needed to do is an extra users group. Shouldn't be too hard.
Old 01-01-2008, 03:57 PM   #6
ZERO~GS
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
ZERO~GS is an unknown quantity at this point

pretty good i like the idea

make it a poll

Old 01-01-2008, 04:23 PM   #7
daddypete
Outstanding Member

Post Thanks / Like
daddypete will become famous soon enoughdaddypete will become famous soon enoughdaddypete will become famous soon enoughdaddypete will become famous soon enoughdaddypete will become famous soon enoughdaddypete will become famous soon enoughdaddypete will become famous soon enoughdaddypete will become famous soon enoughdaddypete will become famous soon enoughdaddypete will become famous soon enoughdaddypete will become famous soon enough
Visit daddypete's Facebook

great idea.......gives sfo a different look and something that everyone can recognize unlike the regular tourney winners like ~DSA~ said earlier

Old 01-01-2008, 04:50 PM   #8
(~SiNiK~)
Old Skool Gamer

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 332
(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about

I'am agree.

That was one of my idea a while back.
Old 01-01-2008, 05:31 PM   #9
4life_killah
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 2
4life_killah is an unknown quantity at this point

damn great idea blade im always trying ti win a tournament but it's impossible for me i hope this idea gets added
Old 01-01-2008, 06:10 PM   #10
(-ObNoXiOuS-1-)

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 3
(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough

Indeed, this is an great idea. It's effective and very simple to add & accomplish.

Event winners & Tournament winners are two totaly different things, yet we gain Tournament Perks.. .. this would be a nice way to solve this, but I don't think it's too bad at the moment. ;]

Anyways, the current Tournament Winners, whom became that status by event.. well it may not be possible to change all accounts to event.

Im 90 - 10 with this idea. ..

^ Thanks estset.
Old 01-01-2008, 06:12 PM   #11
Blade

Post Thanks / Like
Blade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (ZERO~GS @ Jan. 01 2008,20:57)]pretty good i like the idea

make it a poll
I planned on making a poll once I grasped an idea of the community's view on the idea first, and answer any questions.

I believe it will encourage more users to join tournaments, if they want to receive the tournament winner status. The only thing is distinguishing between event winners and tournament winners. As it would take time looking over the Chapter 1,2, etc. threads, plus the others events held by various staff members.

Yet I'm willing to help with that.
Old 01-01-2008, 06:23 PM   #12
daddypete
Outstanding Member

Post Thanks / Like
daddypete will become famous soon enoughdaddypete will become famous soon enoughdaddypete will become famous soon enoughdaddypete will become famous soon enoughdaddypete will become famous soon enoughdaddypete will become famous soon enoughdaddypete will become famous soon enoughdaddypete will become famous soon enoughdaddypete will become famous soon enoughdaddypete will become famous soon enoughdaddypete will become famous soon enough

but when u make the event winner.....u mean ur also giving them the name of the event they won rite such as i.e king of ryu or something

Old 01-01-2008, 06:38 PM   #13
(-ObNoXiOuS-1-)

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 3
(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (daddypete @ Jan. 01 2008,23:23)]but when u make the event winner.....u mean ur also giving them the name of the event they won rite such as i.e king of ryu or something
I don't think so on that one. It'll be too much hassle, and it'll probably use more space than one line.

Anyways, it's just like any other banner, it'll say "Tournament Winner" .. but if you won an event, it'll just say "Event Winner" when you enter the server, notthing more.. notthing less.

^ Thanks estset.
Old 01-01-2008, 07:45 PM   #14
daddypete
Outstanding Member

Post Thanks / Like

thats what i thought.......i just had to make sure because he said "event" meaning the different types of events/tournaments that ppl host......but yea i guess it would be to much of a hassle

Old 01-01-2008, 08:19 PM   #15
(-Impulse-)
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 17
(-Impulse-) will become famous soon enough(-Impulse-) will become famous soon enough(-Impulse-) will become famous soon enough(-Impulse-) will become famous soon enough(-Impulse-) will become famous soon enough(-Impulse-) will become famous soon enough(-Impulse-) will become famous soon enough(-Impulse-) will become famous soon enough(-Impulse-) will become famous soon enough(-Impulse-) will become famous soon enough(-Impulse-) will become famous soon enough

Well thats is the small hassle in here but yeah i like the idea and new names could be good i agree
Old 01-01-2008, 09:16 PM   #16
(*~DwAyN3~*)

Tournaments Joined:
Tournaments Won:
Post Thanks / Like
Chats:

Good Idea :]

Old 01-02-2008, 09:30 AM   #17
Blade

Post Thanks / Like

One thing you can do if you like the idea; is tell your friends, tell them, to tell their friends - and most of all tell them all to post.
Old 01-02-2008, 10:05 AM   #18
MeteorRyu5
Old Skool Gamer

Post Thanks / Like
MeteorRyu5 is on a distinguished roadMeteorRyu5 is on a distinguished roadMeteorRyu5 is on a distinguished roadMeteorRyu5 is on a distinguished roadMeteorRyu5 is on a distinguished roadMeteorRyu5 is on a distinguished roadMeteorRyu5 is on a distinguished roadMeteorRyu5 is on a distinguished roadMeteorRyu5 is on a distinguished road

Yea, I think this is a well thought out idea. Simple as well.
Is this gonna effect future tournament winners/event winners, or are the current tournament winners that won an event gonna get changed to event winners?

Old 01-02-2008, 11:37 AM   #19
Blade

Post Thanks / Like

Well, the problem is a current increased amount of users with the Tournament Banner, who are not actual tournament winners. So it should take place on both current, and future. Yet some problems might arise when trying to distinguish between current Tournament Winners, and current Event Winners.

Or are you just not willing to give up that Tournament Banner Meteor?
Old 01-02-2008, 11:50 AM   #20
MeteorRyu5
Old Skool Gamer

Post Thanks / Like
MeteorRyu5 is on a distinguished roadMeteorRyu5 is on a distinguished roadMeteorRyu5 is on a distinguished roadMeteorRyu5 is on a distinguished roadMeteorRyu5 is on a distinguished roadMeteorRyu5 is on a distinguished roadMeteorRyu5 is on a distinguished roadMeteorRyu5 is on a distinguished roadMeteorRyu5 is on a distinguished road

Lol, my tourny winner banner. O_o No one is taking it from me.

But maybe someone, (maybe me), can go look at some events hosted by staff members, giving the prize of the tournament winner banner. (Unknown Conflict, System4's event, DWX). Then we can give the names to TMyApp and he can change them to event winners.. disincluding me of course. =)

Old 01-02-2008, 12:06 PM   #21
Blade

Post Thanks / Like

Well before you do that, the staff must agree, and then create the new usergroup. So far Orlando0's for the idea, I'll ask a few more members of staff for their input, and ask them to post if possible.
Old 01-02-2008, 12:41 PM   #22
MEGA_DRACOS_XRL
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
MEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enough

its way too many Twinners now. damn there everyone is

Old 01-02-2008, 03:42 PM   #23
(!dang!)

Post Thanks / Like
(!dang!) is an unknown quantity at this point

A unique colour and sound upon entering a server
damn you just read my mind
It,s a good idea

Shot at 2007-07-18
Old 01-02-2008, 03:46 PM   #24
~DSA~MasterJugg
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
~DSA~MasterJugg is an unknown quantity at this point
Visit ~DSA~MasterJugg's YouTube

this has good acceptation
make a poll

Click ^
Old 01-02-2008, 07:34 PM   #25
estset

Tournaments Joined: 3
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 235
estset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the rough
Visit estset's YouTube

Hmm adding new groups? Umm that's fine by me. Theres no harm done and it would be good addition to the game. So yea sure.

Check out our Official Youtube Channel: SFO Youtube
SFO Underground: SFO UG
Instagram:
SFO2K14
Twitter: @SFOSTAFF / @SFO2K14
Facebook: SFO Facebook

Closed Thread