SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > Street Fighter Online > Bugs and Problems report

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[NEWS] man develops star shaped eyes after electric shock xfaderx General 5 01-29-2014 04:58 PM
[REQUEST] Ebook Magazine Art Director TitaniumFist Banners, Avatars and Images 3 03-13-2012 11:48 AM
Shock Wave CiaraSpareNo1 RaNdOm iNsAnItY 6 12-23-2011 04:15 PM
[NEW FEATURE] Labor Day Wave Killer General Comments & Strategies 31 09-07-2011 04:16 AM
Wave $tony$ General 46 04-03-2006 11:05 PM

Old 08-08-2014, 10:30 PM   #1
Vegeta
Sponsored VIP

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 27
Vegeta is a jewel in the roughVegeta is a jewel in the roughVegeta is a jewel in the roughVegeta is a jewel in the roughVegeta is a jewel in the roughVegeta is a jewel in the roughVegeta is a jewel in the roughVegeta is a jewel in the roughVegeta is a jewel in the roughVegeta is a jewel in the roughVegeta is a jewel in the rough
Default What is Shock Wave for Director?

Hello SFO Community, I am reporting a problem that has occurred to me on two separate computers today, both connected to the Internet by the same router.

So today, I logged in SFO, went on single player just to practice a little bit since I haven't played for a long time, and everything was swell. Then I clicked the multiplayer button and this happened:

Yeah i know your probably thinking "This is just another one of those lame Lock-out thread, that message appears because you were cheating, HACKER!!!BUT
IMMEDIEATLY AFTER THAT SCREEN SHOWED UP, THIS SCREEN SHOWED UP

If you have played SFO with shockwave, then there is no doubt that you have experienced crashes like this before, as have I and so I thought nothing of it.

I "exed' of SFO, launched it again and before It went to the log in screen, this screen showed up:

I clicked Activate shockwave for Director, thinking it was just another update and so then I logged in, went to single player, and once more everything was fine, but the moment I clicked multiplayer, again the lockout screen popped up, BUT THIS TIME, THE SHOCKWAVE FOR DIRECTOR CRASH DID NOT APPEAR

The third time I launched SFO, I cannot even log in anymore, the moment I press 'Log-in' whether it with my main account, anonymous or using an old account that I created when I started playing SFo, the Game over lock-out screen appears.

I believe that the shock wave for director thing is locking my computer out, What makes me think this? It happened a second time, on a different computer only for the second computer, I didn't want to be permanently locked out so I did not activate the shock wave for director (of course I can't play anyways because every time I launch the game, now it tells me to activate shock-wave for director)

I don't know if this is happening to others, but if what I say here truly is a bug then it needs to be addressed Immediately because it will lock people out of the game FOREVER simply for trying to play.

So this leaves me with the question: What is shockwave Director and why (if it indeed is the cause) is it causing SFO to detect my computers as having 'multiple errors or violations?'

Last edited by Vegeta; 08-08-2014 at 10:36 PM.
Vegeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 12:14 AM   #2
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice
Default Re: What is Shock Wave for Director?

i think you may have a bug there, or more commonly a spyware...
i have never seen anything remotely close to a shockwave for director. because director is the software with with shockwave games are programmed with. and as such, you only need shockwave player.

that said, looking at your screenshots, you are on web version right ?
so question, does it do it on download version ?
also you are on chrome... have you tryed it on a different browser ?

the thing is, it may just be your chrome plug in that bugs this out. so you'd have to try it on something else then chrome. i suggest Firefox because recently IE been having bugs here and there.

i'm 60% sure its a spyware trying to pass for something its not.
but at the same time, it may just be Google chrome that calls shockwave like that and as such trying it on a different browser may solve it all. as much as reinstalling the plug-in.
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 01:17 AM   #3
Liger Zero
SECTION 1 & 2

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 6427
Liger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really nice

Ive had something like this before and Im almost certain is spyware like Karma stated. I forgot how I got it to stop however It may have been a simple scan with Malwarebytes.
Liger Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 05:15 AM   #4
Nferno666

Tournaments Joined: 2
Tournaments Won: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 512
Nferno666 is just really niceNferno666 is just really niceNferno666 is just really niceNferno666 is just really niceNferno666 is just really niceNferno666 is just really niceNferno666 is just really niceNferno666 is just really niceNferno666 is just really niceNferno666 is just really niceNferno666 is just really nice

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewto...f=38&t=2562155

nothing wrong with the "plugin" just adobe's lazy way of not removing/touching things that should be updated after the macromedia days.

XMVSSF/SFO Record: Wins: 24,549(94.12%) Losses: 1,534(5.88%) Total: 26,083 As of 02/07/12
Nferno666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 10:17 AM   #5
Vegeta
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Vegeta is a jewel in the roughVegeta is a jewel in the roughVegeta is a jewel in the roughVegeta is a jewel in the roughVegeta is a jewel in the roughVegeta is a jewel in the roughVegeta is a jewel in the roughVegeta is a jewel in the roughVegeta is a jewel in the roughVegeta is a jewel in the roughVegeta is a jewel in the rough

Hey everyone, thanks for the Responses.

Good thinking Karma, I tried it on Firefox and the message still occurs (for both the computers, the initial browser I used was indeed Google Chrome), and so the next thing was to try what you suggested and try the downloadable version, but when I launched the Downloadable version, this occured :

It seems like an unrelated problem, I don't know if it has to do with what I posted before or if it's a totally new problem I gotta solve.

Nferno: Should I do everything the original poster did in that link you posted?

Old 08-09-2014, 10:22 AM   #6
(-Kam-)

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1303
(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice
Visit (-Kam-)'s Facebook Visit (-Kam-)'s Twitter Visit (-Kam-)'s YouTube

I had this same problem....and no, that plug-in is not spyware the problem is the 2 different versions of Shockwave.

Uninstall All versions of shockwave & SFO, Clear cache and restart your PC.

Once restarted go to the Main Hub and Download SFO.

Once downloaded & Installed Run Download version.

If it doesn't run (i.e Red X in the window somewhere)
Go back to the main hub and download & install the Shockwave 8.5 (<--yeah that version)

The upgraded shockwave 12 version causes more problems than it fix so do not install it. I don't have it installed and you don't see me getting Updating or Locked-out glitch

@SFO2k14|SFO FB|SFO Clans|@SFOSTAFF|SFO Goals

(-Kam-) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 10:30 AM   #7
Vegeta
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like

Update to my previous Post:
The Failed to load contol 'ShockwaveCtl' No longer occurs after downloading 8.5, However, the lockout screen still occurs

Does that mean this really is a 'got locked out of sfo instance'? I don't understand what the game picked up as multiple errors, maybe it was google chrome after all.. Although I cannot log in any browser.
If it truly is a lock-out the only way to fix i is to follow Blockattack's steps... geez I really hope it's not that, TmyaPP to busy to deal with this junk right now.

Also after trying the downloadable version: the 'Activate Shock wave for Director' does not occur on the downloadable version, only on the browsers, however it still does lock-out screen.

Last edited by Vegeta; 08-09-2014 at 10:48 AM.
Old 08-09-2014, 11:15 AM   #8
(-Kam-)

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1303
(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice
Visit (-Kam-)'s Facebook Visit (-Kam-)'s Twitter Visit (-Kam-)'s YouTube

Well, I'm glad your first problem is fixed, Now onto your second problem.

Yes a lock-out is a Lock-out.....Lucky for you, You won't have to wait for TMyApp anymore

Simply create a thread in the contact a mod section with all the IGN's you've logged into and one of the Sysop's will be in to help you out as soon as possible

@SFO2k14|SFO FB|SFO Clans|@SFOSTAFF|SFO Goals

(-Kam-) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 04:14 PM   #9
Vegeta
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like

Ok thanks Kam, i'm scared it can't be fixed cause it seems like an IP thing, but I'll try anyways. I just can't understand why the lock out happened

Old 08-09-2014, 06:12 PM   #10
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

Kam, no plugins for shockwaves is even remotely named that ! hence why i think its a spyware...

as mentionned, shockwave is the language used to display the game. director is the program that creates those games. so basically, shockwave and director are the very same thing. there is no shockwave for director thing. unless chrome is stupid enough to rename their plug ins. but honestly, chrome is bull**** and has always given more problems then it ever helped.

if you want true compatibility, stay with firefox, its the most compatible and customisable program.

the lock out may have hapenned due to third party detection. which is our anti-cheating thing. so it pushes me further into thinking you have spywares. imagine this... a spyware changed your shockwave version and modifyed it to corrupt. the programs bugs but works, yet our software detects your modified version of shockwave and thus locks you out for cheating because your shockwave version is modifyed and not original.

it all adds up.
reinstalling and deleting is one thing, but its gonna be useless if you have spywares.
suggest you either use the pro version of avast, or use Ad-aware (or any other spyware deleter if you know any better.)
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 10:38 PM   #11
Vegeta
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Karma, Thanks for your Inputs.
I'm not exactly sure if you were correct or not, it may have been spyware, it may not have been. I have avast and super anti spyware that I run quite frequently, but that's not the point,

The point is that I was able to log in today on the DL version without the lockout message appearing O_O, now I am really confused, I didn't even post on the contact a moderator forum.