SFO : Street Fighter Online SFO : Street Fighter Online SFO : Street Fighter Online SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > Street Fighter Online > Members Help Center

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SFO Download Version jasonthekidd11 Bugs and Problems report 5 08-06-2008 10:55 PM
Download version help derryck Members Help Center 2 05-10-2008 10:17 AM
Download version 4life_killah New Features 13 07-02-2007 03:44 PM
Download version killerdude10 Members Help Center 6 04-12-2006 06:23 AM
Download version Kirosana Members Help Center 2 03-24-2006 06:43 PM

Old 06-20-2006, 12:02 PM   #1
LegacyofKain
VIP

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
LegacyofKain is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Web version or download version

bassically i was wondering if an higher up/technically knowledgeable person could explain the pros and cons about each version and whether or not one causes more glitch's/problems than the other.

Logic says download version is better but i've always heard ppl say otherwise.Also are some problems limited to only one version or does it always affect both?

anyway i figured this would help dismiss any garbage about this plus be informative to other users.

LegacyofKain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 12:08 PM   #2
Bob~Marley4004
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 14
Bob~Marley4004 has a spectacular aura aboutBob~Marley4004 has a spectacular aura aboutBob~Marley4004 has a spectacular aura aboutBob~Marley4004 has a spectacular aura aboutBob~Marley4004 has a spectacular aura aboutBob~Marley4004 has a spectacular aura aboutBob~Marley4004 has a spectacular aura aboutBob~Marley4004 has a spectacular aura aboutBob~Marley4004 has a spectacular aura aboutBob~Marley4004 has a spectacular aura aboutBob~Marley4004 has a spectacular aura about
Visit Bob~Marley4004's Facebook Visit Bob~Marley4004's Twitter

Downloaded version ... also, you don't have to worry about loading up everytime.
Bob~Marley4004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 12:09 PM   #3
fussion
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
fussion is an unknown quantity at this point

With no disrespect, but this topic has been made over one-billion times before. *Heck i even made this topic before lol. *u could simply have posted ur concerns on that topic instead. but anyways srry for the flaming. ill get to ur question. ppl say dl version the frames are more constant. on my crappy pc i didnt notice the difference. the glitches are the same. and the fps rate is the same.

highest mountainast 128 men premilaries.
Redemption semi finals(still goin)
offical dmx:11th/2849
killingspree champion
fussion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 12:39 PM   #4
LegacyofKain
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
LegacyofKain is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (fussion @ June 20 2006,13:09)]With no disrespect, but this topic has been made over one-billion times before. *Heck i even made this topic before lol. *u could simply have posted ur concerns on that topic instead. but anyways srry for the flaming. ill get to ur question. ppl say dl version the frames are more constant. on my crappy pc i didnt notice the difference. the glitches are the same. and the fps rate is the same.
while true that would be breaking the rules by reviving long since dead topics.

Obviously i already know about the 0 upload time and apparent reductions in lag but is this all there is to offer and also is the web version more supceptable to glitching than the download or vice versa?

I know the general stuff but wanna go abit more in depth if youget me?

"download cus it's faster" wasn't really the answer i was looking for lol but still i was hoping to discuss this with someone who knows the ins and outs of it.

Not only that but i do hear things such as using the web version because it causes more lag and therefore offers you better chances in some circumstances.

Besides whether or not it's been tlked about 10-20 times we had a massive influx of new gamers with the coming of DWX and it'll be useful for them to read and i'm just asking to dispell any myths abot either since i've heard so much crap i can't tell whats true and whats not lol.

So basically you get smoother fps rates is there anything other than this and the 0 loading time? (and if you don't know about the problems part of my question then speculate if youwill)

I was just wondering if some glitchs/bad stuff happen more on one version compared to the other.Surel if this is the case then won't it help in the process of eliminating these glitch's/problems?

LegacyofKain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 12:51 PM   #5
fussion
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
fussion is an unknown quantity at this point

ppl say dl version is smoother but there the samething. it's just dl version has less start up time than web version. otherwise the fps,and gltiches,and teleporting characters are at the same rate
highest mountainast 128 men premilaries.
Redemption semi finals(still goin)
offical dmx:11th/2849
killingspree champion
fussion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 03:00 AM   #6
CorruptVergil

Post Thanks / Like
CorruptVergil is an unknown quantity at this point

i think the dl verison is better

Not All Devils Cry
CorruptVergil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 03:45 PM   #7
system4
SFO Patriot

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 39
system4 will become famous soon enoughsystem4 will become famous soon enoughsystem4 will become famous soon enoughsystem4 will become famous soon enoughsystem4 will become famous soon enoughsystem4 will become famous soon enoughsystem4 will become famous soon enoughsystem4 will become famous soon enoughsystem4 will become famous soon enoughsystem4 will become famous soon enoughsystem4 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]ppl say dl version is smoother but there the samething. it's just dl version has less start up time than web version. otherwise the fps,and gltiches,and teleporting characters are at the same rate
Yep... I also agree... With Web Version... Ram is used up for Internet Explorer or whatever browser you using plus SFO... But like fussion said the glitches, etc are in both versions of the game...
Old 06-21-2006, 05:22 PM   #8
Jakelynch
Super Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 15
Jakelynch will become famous soon enoughJakelynch will become famous soon enoughJakelynch will become famous soon enoughJakelynch will become famous soon enoughJakelynch will become famous soon enoughJakelynch will become famous soon enoughJakelynch will become famous soon enoughJakelynch will become famous soon enoughJakelynch will become famous soon enoughJakelynch will become famous soon enoughJakelynch will become famous soon enough
Visit Jakelynch's YouTube

lol, it's my opinion, but I'd rather wait and win than lose quickly. My skill is like handicapped on the DL version, compared the the Web Version. Then again, that's my sole opinion only that the Web Version is better.

Old 06-21-2006, 05:36 PM   #9
vx_unicom
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
vx_unicom is an unknown quantity at this point

Overrall..., the DL version is slightly better than the web-version.
vx_unicom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 05:51 PM   #10
AfterMath
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
AfterMath is an unknown quantity at this point

Wellllll, my browser takes FOREVER to run the web version because i'm on 56k...and on top of that, no matter what settings i have, it doesn't save the cookies every time i go to play, so that hour and a half of loading happens about every other day.

however, the download version doesn't have any of the flaws mentioned in my statement, so i use that one.

however, alot of other people posted good views too, so don't read just mine. Also, sorry if this wasn't AT ALL what you were looking for in an answer.