Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 12:34 AM   #1
Tsunami
Super Advanced Member

Tournaments Joined: 1
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 135
Tsunami is on a distinguished roadTsunami is on a distinguished roadTsunami is on a distinguished roadTsunami is on a distinguished roadTsunami is on a distinguished roadTsunami is on a distinguished roadTsunami is on a distinguished roadTsunami is on a distinguished roadTsunami is on a distinguished roadTsunami is on a distinguished roadTsunami is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Slow Servers

I'm not sure where this should be posted... so i'm posting it here in hopes that someone will move it if i'm wrong.

Anyways, i've noticed... as many of you have as well, that the first server becomes overcrowded really fast and then lags. I asked Blockattack why that happens, and his answer was what i expected. "Too many people in here..."

This is why i propose a server limit, say... 20-25 people in the server at a time. This would allow for the other servers to be used more often, as well as keep the servers less laggy for the people in them.

Whether this is a good idea or not, i dont know... but i figured i might as well post it.

Old 08-19-2007, 12:36 AM   #2
masterbob
Old Skool Gamer

Tournaments Joined: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 54
masterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nice

it's already been proposed
Old 08-19-2007, 12:41 AM   #3
Tsunami
Super Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like
Tsunami is on a distinguished roadTsunami is on a distinguished roadTsunami is on a distinguished roadTsunami is on a distinguished roadTsunami is on a distinguished roadTsunami is on a distinguished roadTsunami is on a distinguished roadTsunami is on a distinguished roadTsunami is on a distinguished roadTsunami is on a distinguished roadTsunami is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (masterbob @ Aug. 19 2007,00:36)]it's already been proposed
lol alright. thank you

Old 08-20-2007, 11:54 AM   #4
system4
SECTION 1 & 2 & 3 & 5 & 6

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 117
system4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the rough

You should already know why the server be full most of the time.. ... Hmm.. what's the c word called..
Old 08-20-2007, 09:08 PM   #5
Revolver-

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
Revolver- is an unknown quantity at this point

MAybe dude to the fact that the server is full.I never will understand why people crowd a server.

Old 08-20-2007, 09:57 PM   #6
Orlando0
SECTION 1 & 2

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 45
Orlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the rough
Visit Orlando0's YouTube

It's simple really. That particular server is known to always have someone to fight in.

And everyone knows that nobody bothers to go to the other servers, unless the first server is down, in which case they all go to anniversary or Back-up.

The server limits were done before if I recall. All it did was make TMyApp get hundreds of E-mails stating the servers were down instead of going to the next server.

Though maybe all it needs is an indicator of sort, to tell how many people are in a server.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:00 PM   #7
Tsunami
Super Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like

Or a simple indicator telling the person trying to enter the server that its at its capacity.

Either or seems like it would work

Old 08-21-2007, 11:25 AM   #8
DestinationWeaponX
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
DestinationWeaponX is an unknown quantity at this point

You have probaly posted this in the members help center rather then the newfeatures section..

My Latest Work^^
Old 08-21-2007, 11:28 AM   #9
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
avatar~killer is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Though maybe all it needs is an indicator of sort, to tell how many people are in a server.
To bad it was brought up stating it can't be done.

Your own peer SSjkarama said so

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]is it me or by the years idea's seems to comes back each months ?

this idea was asked many times already...
but tmyapp answered that it cannot be done since there is simply no way to know how many person there is in each servers without us getting into it already ! so the number you'd see would be the number of person there was when you last logged in to that server.

Old 08-22-2007, 12:55 PM   #10
Major
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Major is an unknown quantity at this point

An indication of the number of users in the server would realy help out a lot.

Too bad it can't be done.

If people make an effort to go to different servers and even just wait in there, the number of people in them will increase without a doubt.

Backup ftw.

se member, victory... pending.
Old 08-22-2007, 05:14 PM   #11
masterbob
Old Skool Gamer

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 54
masterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nice

I think the best idea is to put in server limits
make an official announcement about it in the game and in the forum

and then ban everyone who emails tmy about the servers being down xD
Old 08-22-2007, 06:40 PM   #12
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 776
TitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of light

Yes, this topic has been brought up, in different variations before. I'm going to go dig up the exact post where TMy stated this later but Karma's quoted post sums it up in a way.

There is no way to place a bot/program in the server to keep a "head count" and then shut off a server. Fixed maximum limits were tried before resulting in server hammering and email flooding.

We keep giving the same answers to these proposals, but the problem of that crowded 1st server lag remains. It doesn't mean that there isn't a solution in the works, there could be, it just means the ideas brought up in new features right now won't work. (Wish they could though. ;(

For other ideas:

Making a conscious effort on your own through hosting challenges and tournaments ONLY in the empty servers like Retribution or Tournament.

Click Here to Vote for the Storm Dream Goal.
Old 08-24-2007, 12:20 AM   #13
Pealer

Post Thanks / Like
Pealer is an unknown quantity at this point

Old 08-24-2007, 07:03 PM   #14
-WIZEE-
Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 223
-WIZEE- will become famous soon enough-WIZEE- will become famous soon enough-WIZEE- will become famous soon enough-WIZEE- will become famous soon enough-WIZEE- will become famous soon enough-WIZEE- will become famous soon enough-WIZEE- will become famous soon enough-WIZEE- will become famous soon enough-WIZEE- will become famous soon enough-WIZEE- will become famous soon enough-WIZEE- will become famous soon enough

all servers should be upgraded, i mean sfo is getting new vip members day after day so thats profit, so it shouldnt be a problem for tmyapp

---------------

-Tournaments won? Lost count!
-SFO Since 2003
Old 08-25-2007, 06:45 PM   #15
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like
TitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (-WIZEE- @ Aug. 24 2007,18:03)]all servers should be upgraded, i mean sfo is getting new vip members day after day so thats profit, so it shouldnt be a problem for tmyapp
The problem is there is nothing wrong with the servers. They don't need an upgrade. People simply need to spread out, not hammer the first server, and use the empty, fully operational other servers.

People have to make an effort to change. Yes, I know we all go to the first server for the fights, but you can't have it both ways. The laggy chat server problem would be solved if people simply choose to enter another server. Forcing people will not work by limiting the server, and a bot can not accurately do a head count and then shut off the server.

See the difference for yourselves - Stop packing into the 1st server - Please

Old 08-25-2007, 07:12 PM   #16
l-_Legend_X_-l

Post Thanks / Like
l-_Legend_X_-l is an unknown quantity at this point

How about something like the server being restarted (Everyone gets removed from chat/the server freezes) once too many people start entering a specifice server. I think thats possible since i think blanka done that once. That will in a way force people to spread out or will get very annoying -_-. But honestly it should really be the users who just spread out themseleves.
Old 09-01-2007, 07:21 AM   #17
system4
SECTION 1 & 2 & 3 & 5 & 6

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 117
system4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (l-_Legend_X_-l @ Aug. 25 2007,19:12)]How about something like the server being restarted (Everyone gets removed from chat/the server freezes) once too many people start entering a specifice server. I think thats possible since i think blanka done that once. That will in a way force people to spread out or will get very annoying -_-. But honestly it should really be the users who just spread out themseleves.
i think the server hosters will get tired of that in a while
Old 09-01-2007, 11:45 PM   #18
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like

There is no real need for this to still be open. There is nothing wrong with the servers, it's the people in them that need to "fan out".

Closed Thread