-†DJ-Eric†-
Sponsored VIP

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
-†DJ-Eric†- is an unknown quantity at this point
Default No Re Button Host-side.

I was wondering if a "no re button" could be implemented or at the very least give the "rematch" button to the winner. I hate waiting down the countdown, especially when people can just press "no" if they have no intention of having a re-match, however many refuse to do so and your left there sitting till it goes down or they do request a re.

I believe the winner should be given the option to request a "re" if they so desire. It would expediate countdown waiting and make going thru matches quicker.

what do you all think?

-†DJ-Eric†- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 09:31 PM   #2
(Hado)-(King)
[The Watcher]

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
(Hado)-(King) has a spectacular aura about(Hado)-(King) has a spectacular aura about(Hado)-(King) has a spectacular aura about(Hado)-(King) has a spectacular aura about(Hado)-(King) has a spectacular aura about(Hado)-(King) has a spectacular aura about(Hado)-(King) has a spectacular aura about(Hado)-(King) has a spectacular aura about(Hado)-(King) has a spectacular aura about(Hado)-(King) has a spectacular aura about(Hado)-(King) has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: No Re Button Host-side.

The current system is ok but I sometimes have this problem when the match ends and it goes directly to 0 even though everyone wants a rematch. It usually occurs during brawl to me. But yea the winner should also be able to determine whether you want a re or not, especially when fighting noobs. NIce idea.

TheKingOfHado@live.com

☼ Ŧhe §ĨŁĔŇĈĒ is mōre impōrτanτ τhan τhe M٧ĎĈ ♫♫
(Hado)-(King) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 11:12 PM   #3
Wolfeh
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1337
Wolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to all
Visit Wolfeh's YouTube Visit Wolfeh's Last.FM

Have to admit, the premise behind this idea is pretty sound.

A simple no rematch button to get rid of the countdown for those who never want to re.

Of course, I highly doubt it will be added.
Wolfeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 03:29 AM   #4
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

it will not be added, because of two reasons...

#1 - the no rematch that makes you wait till countdown is off, is a bug to begin with.
Rematch is suppose to show at all times and the countdown from 10 to 0 is barely there for those not wanting to press a button.

#2 - Giving the rematch to the winner serves no purpose at all.
In this case the rematch options is given to the loser which is who actually want revenge to begin with. the winner doesn't care for rematches, usually...

now i'm asking, what's 10 second of your life gonna do ?
are you so hungry for games that you're trying to fit those 10 seconds into more fight and then say, hey i could play 15 games in a row instead of 12-13. seriously 10 seconds is not long, the rematch is just like any arcades back then, where only the loser was asked for it. now if the timer gets to zero, it is for 2 reasons only... first one being, it glitched out and now no rematch ever appeared, in this case rehosting is best anyway. or the opponent never pushed an answer to the rematch question... he's probably a** or already gone... in both cases rehosting is best anyway.

i don't see any real means to this very idea.
adding a no rematch for those who dont want it, thats just unsportsmanship if you just dont want to rematch people to begin with. i dont even understand why you'd want that to begin with.
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 02:42 PM   #5
LuXv
BANNED BY: TMyApp

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 768
LuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really nice
Visit LuXv's Twitter

I think instead of a no rematch button you can press the "Start" button, and that makes the count down go by faster, like you press start 7 times, and now the count down is at 2 9Since the count down starts at 9 basically), So instead of a (No Re Button0 we could have The start Button speed up the count down timer.
LuXv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 05:05 PM   #6
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

Now if that was a possibility, let's us think about it for a few seconds...

certain people like to talk between fights, because speaking during it is rather hard to do.
so say one is speaking and actually want to rematch, that other guy has enough of them speaking and wants to fightm, he pushes the buttons and the countdown gets to zero. The rematch will actually take more time just necause one guy had enough of of waiting and was unpatient to begin with ?

no, i truly thinks its alright as it is. because i am one of those who actually like to say more then just two letters ! and seeing how much people likes to speak up, i'm quite not the only one who likes to speak after a match. you might like to say GG after every match including those you totally owned, but not me.. to me GG means nothing if it wasn't a good match at all, and we all know those not good matches happens a lot.

so this is why i dont think anything will be done for that rematch button.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:04 PM   #7
-†DJ-Eric†-
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like

I say to the victor goes the spoils. As the winner of the match you should "bless" the loser with your time for a rematch if you so desire. I dont believe its being unsporty unless you purposely deny them without good reason, but even then you only carry that within yourself. I for one always say "gg" even if I destroy them, as a courtesty not to be an as*hole.

Old 01-11-2011, 08:07 PM   #8
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
avatar-killers is an unknown quantity at this point
Visit avatar-killers's Facebook

1st of all, SSJKarma has spoken, and he knows exactly wats going on and I also agree with him.

2nd of all, I have a different opinion about the speaking thing during the game. Because as I been learning these days, that some of you dominant pros (this doesnt include all SFO Staff members or Jose or ColdFlamez), but its regarding you other ppl that still type "gg" when you win, but when I win matches, most of you hosters that are VIP or not, complain too much that I am either cheating, being cheap, spamming, or using RDs to win. That also applies to me using Iron-man, Sentinel, or Juggernaut. They are not as noob as you think they are. Nuff said, Pce!
avatar-killers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 10:11 PM   #9
LuXv

Post Thanks / Like
LuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really nice
Visit LuXv's Twitter

So no one read my post i see.
Lemme just dumb it down
Pressing the Start Button = Countdown Timer Go Faster.
Just like it is in every other Streetfighter Game
Old 01-12-2011, 01:32 PM   #10
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

I did read it, and you seem to have missed the point i made about it.
The problem with that are people who will just push it badly and stop people from being able to talk. and you made a single error in your comparision... in th earcades, the 10 second is there for other people to actually insert coins and join the game as a challenger, we dont have that at all here.

realise people the goal here is to let the others have time to do an RE.
If you dont want an RE then why the hell are you still waiting on the ****ing 10 seconds ?

also, you speak of courtesy Eric, but do you really think it is courteous to tell someone you just raped badly with a perfect to tell him... GOOD GAME ! because it might have been for you, but to him it was utherly disappointing and thus the good game you just said seems much more like an insult then a courtesy ! ever thought of that one ?

And no, the winners should never have the rematch option, he is the ****ing winner, he won the ****ing match and like the arcades if you want to challenge someone you usually challenge the one who just won. why the hell would the winner want to rematch the loser, just so he can own him again and again ?

seriously...
Old 01-12-2011, 03:15 PM   #11
LuXv

Post Thanks / Like
Visit LuXv's Twitter

^ I thought you had to wait the whole 10 seconds so it can register your win.
Old 01-12-2011, 04:32 PM   #12
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

Nope, game registers the win way before the screen is over with.
during gameplay you can't get away, after that its ok.

in all cases it will tell you if it gives you a loss or not.
Old 01-12-2011, 05:46 PM   #13
LuXv

Post Thanks / Like
Visit LuXv's Twitter

I see, then pressing the menu bar should bring you back to the lobby. after you register the win of course.
Old 01-12-2011, 08:18 PM   #14
-†DJ-Eric†-
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJKarma View Post
just so he can own him again and again ?
this. he mad?

secondly, I always wait down the 10 second timer and never skip to lobby because I've had instances that it does not register the win and it's happened on more than one occasion. It's like waiting on another person who has 'sync lost' and the timer of 40 second goes down.

Often, it resets at around 4-5 seconds left as if they 'tried' to sync loss win me. So, I just sit there till it always goes down. This game is very glitchy, so I was merely suggesting certain things to speed it up a bit.