SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > Street Fighter Online > New Features

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ranked servers King1218 New Features 58 10-02-2006 11:12 PM
Servers? GangstaGoose New Features 12 08-28-2006 09:50 PM
New servers rvca General Comments & Strategies 5 08-26-2006 10:33 PM
Vindicated servers Bandit04 General Comments & Strategies 24 08-20-2006 11:37 AM
Specific servers... SSJKarma General Comments & Strategies 23 11-02-2005 09:36 AM

Old 03-12-2006, 11:58 AM   #1
Vash
VIP

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
Vash is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Servers

How about this we could keep the original sfo servers too. People can make there own servers and it will be a dedicated server which is like a remote to thre desktop. People could make there own servers and on there desktop there the admin of it and they can assign mods to that server, also following along with SSJKarama idea it could show how many people are on the server on the side or something.
Old 03-12-2006, 04:18 PM   #2
sithlord_12
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
sithlord_12 is an unknown quantity at this point

not saying its bad or anything its good
sithlord_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 04:25 PM   #3
MSI
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
MSI is an unknown quantity at this point

this isnt CS...i dont think its possible off of shockwave, and if it is, its a bad idea...It would take more space everyone making 100 servers all the time...and then there would be like 2 ppl in each server. it would spread them out to much to hard to find ppl..
MSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 03:54 PM   #4
Vash
VIP

Post Thanks / Like

Yes but were not really sure unless anyone is an expert on shockwave.
Old 03-13-2006, 04:03 PM   #5
Venomous-Ninja
Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like
Venomous-Ninja is an unknown quantity at this point

That's a bad idea, the game would be flooded with servers!
Old 03-13-2006, 04:05 PM   #6
y_09
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
y_09 is an unknown quantity at this point

your host = your server

i think your idea will need alot of bandwith space for it to work, but as i don't know enough details about how the servers are maintained i could be completely wrong
Old 03-13-2006, 04:18 PM   #7
sithlord_11
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
sithlord_11 is an unknown quantity at this point

plus there will be so many that no one will hardly join ur server
sithlord_11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 10:30 PM   #8
Vash
VIP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (y_09 @ Mar. 13 2006,4:05)]your host = your server

i think your idea will need alot of bandwith space for it to work, but as i don't know enough details about how the servers are maintained i could be completely wrong
Yes exactly but I don't know TMYapp really need to look at this or Nferno666.
Old 03-13-2006, 10:42 PM   #9
Cwing
SECTION 1 & 2

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 2648
Cwing is a jewel in the roughCwing is a jewel in the roughCwing is a jewel in the roughCwing is a jewel in the roughCwing is a jewel in the roughCwing is a jewel in the roughCwing is a jewel in the roughCwing is a jewel in the roughCwing is a jewel in the roughCwing is a jewel in the roughCwing is a jewel in the rough

It'll be better if there four fighting servers and one server for Q&A...

-A 1on1 server (with perks)
-A 1on1 server (w/o perks)
-A tag server (with perks)
-And A Tag server (w/o perks)
- Also a members help server in which people ask's question's and get help on anything thats related to SFO which i would love to help out with =/

Y_09: You need a cable modem or higher a above average comp if youwant to host a server.

Cwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 11:00 PM   #10
Vash
VIP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (chicken_wing @ Mar. 13 2006,10:42)]It'll be better if there four fighting servers and one server for Q&A...

-A 1on1 server (with perks)
-A 1on1 server (w/o perks)
-A tag server (with perks)
-And A Tag server (w/o perks)
- Also a members help server in which people ask's question's and get help on anything thats related to SFO which i would love to help out with =/

Y_09: You need a cable modem or higher a above average comp if youwant to host a server.
@Y_09 you don't need a good performance computr to host a servr my firned got a crappy pc. PC Pavilion old 3000. His pc sucks but has an up to date graphics card and he has aol. i played CS on it and it let me hous a dedicated server with no problem.
Old 03-13-2006, 11:02 PM   #11
Cwing
SECTION 1 & 2

Post Thanks / Like
Cwing is a jewel in the roughCwing is a jewel in the roughCwing is a jewel in the roughCwing is a jewel in the roughCwing is a jewel in the roughCwing is a jewel in the roughCwing is a jewel in the roughCwing is a jewel in the roughCwing is a jewel in the roughCwing is a jewel in the roughCwing is a jewel in the rough

^...For SFO your gonna need a decent comp.
Old 03-13-2006, 11:03 PM   #12
Vash
VIP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (chicken_wing @ Mar. 13 2006,11:02)]^...For SFO your gonna need a decent comp.
No you don't dawg, look as I said if you play with a 56k on this game it should play smoothly especially with cable or dsl.
Old 03-13-2006, 11:07 PM   #13
Cwing
SECTION 1 & 2

Post Thanks / Like

Erm,I forgot where the thread went,but TMyApp posted a thread on how to host your own server in SFO...
He clearly stated you must have a decent Cable Modem/DSL if your gonna even think about hosting a server...

Old 03-13-2006, 11:17 PM   #14
Vash
VIP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (chicken_wing @ Mar. 13 2006,11:07)]Erm,I forgot where the thread went,but TMyApp posted a thread on how to host your own server in SFO...
He clearly stated you must have a decent Cable Modem/DSL if your gonna even think about hosting a server...
Oh, can you find the link and give it to me please?
Old 03-14-2006, 01:19 PM   #15
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

first of all... a dedicated server is a machine on which th egame runs without any graphics, it just barely a connection holder with data's on levels and the likes. this is not how it works for SFO. the servers of sfo are merely chat rooms, they have nothing more to do then that. they only able you the user to choose an opponent and then boom your two computers deals with each other, the server jobs when you connect to someone else.

secondly, this idea wouldn't work. for even if you could create a server it all link to tmyapp's game thus he would need to create the admins or mods for that server. thus he would ahve even more job to do then what he already has.

thirdly, if you want to create a server, we have no problem with that. we're always in need of such things.
there was even a topic in a certain section dedicated to that. don't know if it's still there thought.

so this idea is much more a yes/no deal then a real answer.
yes we need more servers, no the dedicated server aren't possible.

chicken wings... that is actually a very nice idea !
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 03:25 PM   #16
Nferno666

Tournaments Joined: 2
Tournaments Won: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 512
Nferno666 is just really niceNferno666 is just really niceNferno666 is just really niceNferno666 is just really niceNferno666 is just really niceNferno666 is just really niceNferno666 is just really niceNferno666 is just really niceNferno666 is just really niceNferno666 is just really niceNferno666 is just really nice

actually no we don't need more servers since we have 5 and people only use ONE...and YES you need a VERY good comp to host a server for SFO since once you load it up it REQUIRES 100% of youe CPU usage and needs alot of CPU power for it not to lags so much while your server is being hammered. hosting a server on a 56k for those that think it's "good" just make me laugh

this isn't the 90's

XMVSSF/SFO Record: Wins: 24,549(94.12%) Losses: 1,534(5.88%) Total: 26,083 As of 02/07/12
Nferno666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 04:03 PM   #17
Vash
VIP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (SSJKarma @ Mar. 14 2006,1:19)]first of all... a dedicated server is a machine on which th egame runs without any graphics, it just barely a connection holder with data's on levels and the likes. this is not how it works for SFO. the servers of sfo are merely chat rooms, they have nothing more to do then that. they only able you the user to choose an opponent and then boom your two computers deals with each other, the server jobs when you connect to someone else.

secondly, this idea wouldn't work. for even if you could create a server it all link to tmyapp's game thus he would need to create the admins or mods for that server. thus he would ahve even more job to do then what he already has.

thirdly, if you want to create a server, we have no problem with that. we're always in need of such things.
there was even a topic in a certain section dedicated to that. don't know if it's still there thought.

I really want to create my own server I have a awsome pc it has DSL ultra with a sucky graphics card though, can you tell me how to do this or find the topic where it said this?
Old 03-14-2006, 04:48 PM   #18
Cwing
SECTION 1 & 2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Vash @ Mar. 14 2006,11:03)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (SSJKarma @ Mar. 14 2006,1:19)]first of all... a dedicated server is a machine on which th egame runs without any graphics, it just barely a connection holder with data's on levels and the likes. this is not how it works for SFO. the servers of sfo are merely chat rooms, they have nothing more to do then that. they only able you the user to choose an opponent and then boom your two computers deals with each other, the server jobs when you connect to someone else.

I really want to create my own server I have a awsome pc it has DSL ultra with a sucky graphics card though, can you tell me how to do this or find the topic where it said this?
Vash posts your DSL speed since some DSL's provider's are crappy.
Also like Nferno said your going to have to wait awhile since people usally only play on one server and it will but useless for you to waste your CPU when it's not needed ^^.

@Karma:Thanks <3..

Old 03-14-2006, 04:58 PM   #19
Dark_Paladin_X

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 143
Dark_Paladin_X is a jewel in the roughDark_Paladin_X is a jewel in the roughDark_Paladin_X is a jewel in the roughDark_Paladin_X is a jewel in the roughDark_Paladin_X is a jewel in the roughDark_Paladin_X is a jewel in the roughDark_Paladin_X is a jewel in the roughDark_Paladin_X is a jewel in the roughDark_Paladin_X is a jewel in the roughDark_Paladin_X is a jewel in the roughDark_Paladin_X is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Nferno666 @ Mar. 14 2006,3:25)]actually no we don't need more servers since we have 5 and people only use ONE...and YES you need a VERY good comp to host a server for SFO since once you load it up it REQUIRES 100% of youe CPU usage and needs alot of CPU power for it not to lags so much while your server is being hammered. hosting a server on a 56k for those that think it's "good" just make me laugh

this isn't the 90's
I 2nd that. With the anniversary server open, that's like "the spot", and everyone tries to cramp in it, then some wonder if they've been banned from the server or if the server is down or something. Which may be 1, or both.

Right now, another server isn't needed.
Dark_Paladin_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 06:16 PM   #20
el_playa
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
el_playa is an unknown quantity at this point

dpx... you're right... and who exactly hosts the first and backup server... too many ppl are always there
el_playa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 06:20 PM   #21
Cwing
SECTION 1 & 2

Post Thanks / Like

DPX host's Sfo first server, and Nferno host's the backup server or vice versa i forgot
Old 03-14-2006, 06:36 PM   #22
Dark_Paladin_X

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 143
Dark_Paladin_X is a jewel in the roughDark_Paladin_X is a jewel in the roughDark_Paladin_X is a jewel in the roughDark_Paladin_X is a jewel in the roughDark_Paladin_X is a jewel in the roughDark_Paladin_X is a jewel in the roughDark_Paladin_X is a jewel in the roughDark_Paladin_X is a jewel in the roughDark_Paladin_X is a jewel in the roughDark_Paladin_X is a jewel in the roughDark_Paladin_X is a jewel in the rough

uh....

Anniversary: Dark_Paladin_X
Dawn of Rage: Nferno666
Global: blanka09
Backup: TMyApp
Tournament: TMyApp
Dark_Paladin_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 10:28 PM   #23
Vash
VIP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Nferno666 @ Mar. 14 2006,3:25)]actually no we don't need more servers since we have 5 and people only use ONE...and YES you need a VERY good comp to host a server for SFO since once you load it up it REQUIRES 100% of youe CPU usage and needs alot of CPU power for it not to lags so much while your server is being hammered. hosting a server on a 56k for those that think it's "good" just make me laugh

this isn't the 90's
So... I still have a 56k with 512 mb and DSL ultra.
Old 03-14-2006, 10:49 PM   #24
MSI
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
MSI is an unknown quantity at this point

my cable owns u all
MSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 12:37 AM   #25
Nferno666

Tournaments Joined: 2
Tournaments Won: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 512
Nferno666 is just really niceNferno666 is just really niceNferno666 is just really niceNferno666 is just really niceNferno666 is just really niceNferno666 is just really niceNferno666 is just really niceNferno666 is just really niceNferno666 is just really niceNferno666 is just really niceNferno666 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Dark_Paladin_X @ Mar. 14 2006,3:36)]uh....

Anniversary: Dark_Paladin_X
Dawn of Rage: Nferno666
Global: blanka09
Backup: TMyApp
Tournament: TMyApp
exactly...and the reasons WHY top scores crashes or you can't log is when 1st server is down because the ppl run to backup and Tournament Server which uses a very OLD CPU and was only put up as a "backup" back when global was dead dead thanks to it's original host going MIA and never telling us...and it's really only meant as the name suggest while both global and DOR have basicly the best computers from all the hosts to begin with BUT nobody ever seems to join them and if we were to get rid of them you ppl would bitch -_-

the order you see is techniquely the best computer from the top to the worst at the bottom, only exception to that is DPX server since his is new...and we all know new always goes on top.

it would be BEST if ppl didn't goto Backup when 1st server is down because of the reasons mentioned above. DOR and Backup ARE ALWAYS up...well at least DOR is...and if it's not a simple PM to me will fix that ASAP. if the authenication server ever dies then you know why

XMVSSF/SFO Record: Wins: 24,549(94.12%) Losses: 1,534(5.88%) Total: 26,083 As of 02/07/12
Nferno666 is offline   Reply With Quote