SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > NON-SFO Related > Banners, Avatars and Images

View Poll Results: Which is the best overall video? Post reasons or your vote won't count.
Riku - "ProjectX" 5 29.41%
TitaniumEdge - "It's Been A While" 12 70.59%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Video Challenge - Riku vs TitaniumFist TitaniumFist Banners, Avatars and Images 19 07-08-2011 01:36 AM
Video Challenge 4 KingofStreetfighter101 Banners, Avatars and Images 14 06-13-2008 08:10 AM
Video Challenge 2 TitaniumFist Banners, Avatars and Images 4 04-01-2008 02:15 AM

Old 07-08-2011, 01:47 AM   #1
TitaniumFist

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 776
TitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of light
Default VOTING: Video Challenge - Riku vs TitaniumFist

Original links that started all this can be found here and here

I'm tired. No awesome speech. Sorry.

Wait, wait...this is why they invented copy and paste isn't it?

Epic proportions of hair-raising, death-defying, spellbinding SFO footage shall be crafted into two devastating films that will face off in a winner take all smackdown! Your jaws will be dropped, and your minds will be blown!

Am I hyping this?? ... YES!

Did i copy and paste this from Video Challenge 4 and 2? Damn right!

First video to 7 votes wins. (Or 4 - 0 split )

Remember, vote for the best video. Plain and simple. Also state clearly why you feel that video is the best. Take the time to point out pros and cons in each video if you've got time. If you don't post why you are voting, your vote in the poll will not count.

Riku's entry: "Projectx"

Play the following track with Riku's above video:

TitaniumFist's entry: "It's Been A While"

Click Here to Vote for the Storm Dream Goal.

Last edited by TitaniumFist; 08-10-2012 at 10:21 PM.
TitaniumFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 02:40 AM   #2
xfaderx
SECTION 1 & 2

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1671
xfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of light
Visit xfaderx's YouTube
Default Re: VOTING: Video Challenge - Riku vs TitaniumFist

Sorry Riku bro, but this one goes to Tfist for sure! I love the zooming in and out and panning of the camera, as well as the funky soundtrack does it for me too!

I vote for Titanium.

Unfortunately this also shows me how much more I have to do to make my vids awesome for the vid contest. lolz
xfaderx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 03:04 AM   #3
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

I'M indecisive right now...
at first glandce i would of gone with tfist video because of the music and fighting scenes being a lot more dynamics then rikus vid... but then again the chaos in tfist vids makes it a bit too long for such chaos, its like listenning to a catastrophe movie without any real people in it. it kinda missed punches.

both have great musics, but both gives totally different messages.
TFist gives us a feel of the madness in SFO, the chaos that are games in it.
Riku's gives us a taste for what xmen stands for.
in both cases i like how it is said.

What i dislike about rikus video is how how it takes the xmens footage and push it thru a lot, just like a previous video shown by titanium fist, as if riku was liking it and said i have to use the same method, in its way its cool, but it seems to me like he tryed to copy tfist methods. and that is quite bad a feeling in a competition.

TFist vids is not perfect either, it has this feel for chaps and its fine the first few minutes... but after the second half of the video you are kinda wanting it to stop at one point. and it just goes on and on. madness is cool, but it has to stop at one point.

i like the zoom effect and the comic style strip in tfist, those effects are awesome.
riku is missing effects all together, he kinda added transtions but thats pretty much all he did. while tfist has some transitions but has the zoom effect kicking in making the vid more video like instead of just a random slideshow of videos.

overall both are good vids...
but i have to take for tfist here !
mainly because of how rikus video seems to me like a rip off of an older tfist video.
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 03:13 AM   #4
SmokinAces

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
SmokinAces is an unknown quantity at this point

In my opinion, Tfist is clearly the winner.

I like his timing on the cuts. It fits really good with the music and the effects work.

Rikus video on the other hand looks a bit like one i already have seen with sentinel and i don't really dig the cuts and the effects in his video. They don't look well placed for me. No offense, just my oppinion. Good job though.
SmokinAces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 03:50 AM   #5
-AlphaRiku-
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 841
-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough

Goodluck bro

And i didnt rip off anyone i made this video out of my ideas only

Clan Battle Record 121-6
6 Tournament Winner Titles

Last edited by -AlphaRiku-; 07-08-2011 at 03:54 AM.
-AlphaRiku- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 04:24 AM   #6
YoureGonnaLuvMe
SECTION 1 & 2

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 350
YoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the rough

TitaniumFist videos are alwayes give you the appetite to come and play, i have seen better videos from TitaniumFist than what he just did, but still this was pritty nice video as well.

Riku i like the efforts you put on this Gg . But when judging between the 2 , your edit wasnt smooth enough between frames.

My vote goes for
TitaniumFist .
YoureGonnaLuvMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 11:47 AM   #7
_Zom_B_X
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 22
_Zom_B_X is on a distinguished road_Zom_B_X is on a distinguished road_Zom_B_X is on a distinguished road_Zom_B_X is on a distinguished road_Zom_B_X is on a distinguished road_Zom_B_X is on a distinguished road_Zom_B_X is on a distinguished road_Zom_B_X is on a distinguished road_Zom_B_X is on a distinguished road_Zom_B_X is on a distinguished road_Zom_B_X is on a distinguished road

My Vote Goes For Riku i Just Liked How he Did Thos Fighting Effect and play With it, and i Like The Music too on the Sec Video

Thanks, donkios.
_Zom_B_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 03:23 PM   #8
(-SpideyKing-)

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 359
(-SpideyKing-) is a jewel in the rough(-SpideyKing-) is a jewel in the rough(-SpideyKing-) is a jewel in the rough(-SpideyKing-) is a jewel in the rough(-SpideyKing-) is a jewel in the rough(-SpideyKing-) is a jewel in the rough(-SpideyKing-) is a jewel in the rough(-SpideyKing-) is a jewel in the rough(-SpideyKing-) is a jewel in the rough(-SpideyKing-) is a jewel in the rough(-SpideyKing-) is a jewel in the rough

Ehhh tough one. I liked TFists due to all the panning/zooming of the camera to highlight specific parts of the video and the good use of typography.

However, i'm going to vote for Riku, purely based on the fact that his video idea was original, with the use of video clips of the marvel/capcom characters, followed by some SFO fighting with these characters.

I liked them both, but Riku gets my vote!

WWT3 1st Place Champion
(-SpideyKing-) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 03:37 PM   #9
donkios
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 185
donkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura about

TFist GMV, the way the actions synced with the sound and how he incorporated the helpers too.

Intro was good too

--------------------------------------------------------

donkios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 03:39 PM   #10
-AlphaRiku-
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough

First video to 7 votes wins. (Or 4 - 0 split )

5-2 atm I believe.

Clan Battle Record 121-6
Old 07-08-2011, 03:54 PM   #11
-AD-thedestruction

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 2
-AD-thedestruction will become famous soon enough-AD-thedestruction will become famous soon enough-AD-thedestruction will become famous soon enough-AD-thedestruction will become famous soon enough-AD-thedestruction will become famous soon enough-AD-thedestruction will become famous soon enough-AD-thedestruction will become famous soon enough-AD-thedestruction will become famous soon enough-AD-thedestruction will become famous soon enough-AD-thedestruction will become famous soon enough-AD-thedestruction will become famous soon enough
Visit -AD-thedestruction's Facebook Visit -AD-thedestruction's YouTube

i have to give mines to riku..

I liked TFists extremely to an extent..but the chaos was messing up my sight and i really didn't know what i was focusing on.

Riku's vid was calm relaxed, but it had it's moments when it sped up and still showed that SFO can be exciting.

Both vids showed RD's and SFO's range and i really liked that. They showed mod/elite/rare colors and they showed what SFO can bring to the plate.so i really enjoyed both of them
Old 07-08-2011, 09:59 PM   #12
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like
TitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of light

Keep 'em coming, all.

Will post my thoughts later.

Old 07-08-2011, 11:40 PM   #13
flamesz
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
flamesz has a spectacular aura aboutflamesz has a spectacular aura aboutflamesz has a spectacular aura aboutflamesz has a spectacular aura aboutflamesz has a spectacular aura aboutflamesz has a spectacular aura aboutflamesz has a spectacular aura aboutflamesz has a spectacular aura aboutflamesz has a spectacular aura aboutflamesz has a spectacular aura aboutflamesz has a spectacular aura about

i will start off with riku video first and what ssj was saying is not that you copy the sfo video t-fist had but it was the part about when you use the sential and the way you had use your moive clips i would say this the storyline was easy to follow i liked that very much the thing i don't get is why the music not imported into the video that is sumthing i had disliked you could have use some other street fighter clips there many more that would have worked and get the job done just as well (side note the song was well) was this your first video edit

ok now on to t-fist your storyline was hard to follow nice song what i really like was the intro you say you don't use crazy looking intro you like somthing simple with a picture but it seen like in this one you went out to recrate yourself the intro you choose this time really took my eyes of the viewers if you guyz play t-fist video on shot 1:43 there a error which he maybe didn't fix the zoom in and out was a different twist so yea it keep me watching the madess i could have done with thou but i like the song so yea my rating
8/10 for - T-fist
7/10 for- riku
so fist you got my vote

this was made my west thanks man i am mr.juggy
<ITheIGreenIGuysI>
^ In respect to ug.
Achievement
EliteVIP
C.O.W first place winner
V.I.P 1st place winner
NWOTA4 2nd place winner
2xtimes bunny event winner
L.B.N.F 3rd place winner
FreedomFighter winner
XB champion

[ Signature Too Long\Big. Decrease Size . Do not remove this reminder till you do - YoureGonnaLuvMe ]
flamesz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 11:55 PM   #14
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

Riku: when it comes to copying, i didn't say that at all, i said it resembled too much of tfist videos that he showed us in another thread, actually the thread that started this little competition. maybe your ideas came form there. you thought it would be good or something, and inconsciously didn't notice the idea was coming from a place you had saw earlier.

these things happens often and unfortunately makes things not look cool.
when it comes tot he video itself, you might have had your ideas, you might have had your own videos to take from, but in the end you showed clips from the "night of the sentinels" episodes and so was tfist videos of old, the way it was clamped together with transition seemed the same to me. and looking at tfist video again, they are.

so in the end to me your video was too much looking like tfist first videos. and that to me got you off some points. because it was supposed to be original ,not just a copy. that said, i answered what i liked of the video, and to be honest the only thing i deplore is what was said by the others as well... your music wasn't part of the video, we had to click both in separates. not going to put that on you though, i'm sure it was youtube faults. after all they tend to remove audio content of their sites.
Old 07-09-2011, 02:08 AM   #15
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with every comment about my video. Lol. It is a flawed piece, but I had fun making it and while the madness was intentional, even I told someone at first glance it seems like whoever made it was on drugs. (Just up for 36+ hours actually)

Just want to note, on the Sentinel footage: we're all going to do similar things and as we all agree, it isn't copying. (I have intentionally and unintentionally used techniques of other video makers I admire and am unashamed of it. Why should I be? Filmmakers and artists both start techniques and use those of others. I used Mr. Walken to kick off this vid, Zpower should notice the technique. - KOG used a 'random' style more than me back in the day, as well as pan/zoom to highlight key sequences)

Others have also used various animated clips before SFO footage (Bison vs Ryu and Ken is often used). Just like storytelling, what matters is the execution. Riku, you executed the theme well, IMO.

The story you told flowed. Good choice of song, transitions and effects were decent/not over cooked. Good job for a first video, man. Hope to see more from you.

Something to try in the future, have a secondary account on another video sharing site (gotta recommend Vimeo - 500MB upload limit every week, 1 auto-HD upload a week so long as your vid is 1280 x 720) so that all your work is mirrored/backed up...sometimes YouTube pulls tracks and Maginfiy.net deletes dozens and dozens of videos...

Last edited by TitaniumFist; 07-09-2011 at 02:10 AM.
Old 07-09-2011, 03:40 AM   #16
-AlphaRiku-
VIP

Post Thanks / Like

6 votes for fist.
3 votes for riku

Clan Battle Record 121-6
Old 07-09-2011, 02:17 PM   #17
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

hehehe, i see 9-4 for tfist !
what you counting pal ?
post count ?
Old 07-09-2011, 02:52 PM   #18
flamesz
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
flamesz has a spectacular aura aboutflamesz has a spectacular aura aboutflamesz has a spectacular aura aboutflamesz has a spectacular aura aboutflamesz has a spectacular aura aboutflamesz has a spectacular aura aboutflamesz has a spectacular aura aboutflamesz has a spectacular aura aboutflamesz has a spectacular aura aboutflamesz has a spectacular aura aboutflamesz has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJKarma View Post
what you counting pal ?
post count ?
bro the rule is if they vote without stating a reason why they pick a person it does not count so i guess the people who vote without posting why they must state why

this was made my west thanks man i am mr.juggy
<ITheIGreenIGuysI>
^ In respect to ug.
Achievement
EliteVIP
C.O.W first place winner
V.I.P 1st place winner
NWOTA4 2nd place winner
2xtimes bunny event winner
L.B.N.F 3rd place winner
FreedomFighter winner
XB champion

[ Signature Too Long\Big. Decrease Size . Do not remove this reminder till you do - YoureGonnaLuvMe ]
flamesz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 03:30 PM   #19
-AlphaRiku-
VIP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJKarma View Post
what you counting pal ?
post count ?
Yea read the rules man votes only count with posts attached to them..

Clan Battle Record 121-6
Old 07-09-2011, 04:19 PM   #20
LuXv
BANNED BY: TMyApp

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 768
LuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really nice
Visit LuXv's Twitter

I liked both videos,a nd was very surprised by Rikus. Both nice, But I have to give in to TF. His experience really shows on this video. I like the zooming in and text and the transitions. Rikus was very nice also but If im not mistaken you most likely used WMM and I am a bore w. all those transitions and effects. If you would have probably used a different video editing program that has more of an array of effects and transitions you probably would have got my vote.

Once again I like both videos, but IMO TF was just a bit better.
LuXv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 10:33 PM   #21
DARK-RAIKEN-X
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 149
DARK-RAIKEN-X will become famous soon enoughDARK-RAIKEN-X will become famous soon enoughDARK-RAIKEN-X will become famous soon enoughDARK-RAIKEN-X will become famous soon enoughDARK-RAIKEN-X will become famous soon enoughDARK-RAIKEN-X will become famous soon enoughDARK-RAIKEN-X will become famous soon enoughDARK-RAIKEN-X will become famous soon enoughDARK-RAIKEN-X will become famous soon enoughDARK-RAIKEN-X will become famous soon enoughDARK-RAIKEN-X will become famous soon enough

when it come to creativity i would say riku but we all know tfist has video making skills but am going with the challenger . riku got my vote
Old 07-09-2011, 10:41 PM   #22
Lightning~Bolt
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 7
Lightning~Bolt will become famous soon enoughLightning~Bolt will become famous soon enoughLightning~Bolt will become famous soon enoughLightning~Bolt will become famous soon enoughLightning~Bolt will become famous soon enoughLightning~Bolt will become famous soon enoughLightning~Bolt will become famous soon enoughLightning~Bolt will become famous soon enoughLightning~Bolt will become famous soon enoughLightning~Bolt will become famous soon enoughLightning~Bolt will become famous soon enough

Riku has an awesome vid but tfist gmv
Lightning~Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 10:58 PM   #23
-AlphaRiku-
VIP

Post Thanks / Like

Guess thats it? 8-4 Or 7-3..Not sure which votes your counting, But goodgame fist nice video I liked your intro alot with the venom and ironman

Clan Battle Record 121-6
Old 07-10-2011, 04:57 PM   #24
KingofStreetfighter101
SECTION 1 & 2

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 33
KingofStreetfighter101 is a jewel in the roughKingofStreetfighter101 is a jewel in the roughKingofStreetfighter101 is a jewel in the roughKingofStreetfighter101 is a jewel in the roughKingofStreetfighter101 is a jewel in the roughKingofStreetfighter101 is a jewel in the roughKingofStreetfighter101 is a jewel in the roughKingofStreetfighter101 is a jewel in the roughKingofStreetfighter101 is a jewel in the roughKingofStreetfighter101 is a jewel in the roughKingofStreetfighter101 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
KOG used a 'random' style more than me back in the day, as well as pan/zoom to highlight key sequences)

I think I just missed the opportunity to vote.

Great videos though.
KingofStreetfighter101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 11:16 AM   #25
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like

^Ha.

Good game, Riku.

Anyone want to hear just the track?