SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > NON-SFO Related > General

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Death Meets All: Palingenesis LuXv Challenges and Tournaments 30 05-11-2012 05:59 AM
Death Meets All LuXv Challenges and Tournaments 12 02-26-2011 04:23 PM
RI meets RE. Wolfeh RaNdOm iNsAnItY 32 03-22-2009 12:25 AM
300 meets Manowar Wolfeh Links 3 12-31-2007 03:59 PM
Dbz meets sf part 1 ThanosX General 11 03-04-2006 05:00 PM

Old 09-30-2013, 02:34 PM   #1
SSJKarma
Banned

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice
Default Games to Movie, more then meets the eye.

Thats a hell of a lot more games into movies then i thought there was. some of them i thought were to be reently released only to find out that they were long ago. looking at this list, i figured that there are ones i was hoping for for the future yet they already have been made. and its awesome to see the number of japnese releases on movies i didn't expect, like Ace Attorney !
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 06:49 PM   #2
(-Kam-)

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1303
(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice
Visit (-Kam-)'s Facebook Visit (-Kam-)'s Twitter Visit (-Kam-)'s YouTube
Default Re: Games to Movie, more then meets the eye.

I never knew mario had a movie lol

Wow....really Angry birds the movie??? ( )

Would be interesting to see GTA the movie lol I mean seriously what would be the plot?

I think it's safe to say Pokemon won the most movies from a video game of all time! *kanye voice*

@SFO2k14|SFO FB|SFO Clans|@SFOSTAFF|SFO Goals

(-Kam-) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:59 PM   #3
Liger Zero
Outstanding Patriot

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 6331
Liger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really nice

[QUOTE=(-Kam-);807149]I never knew mario had a movie lol
[QUOTE]

Watch it.......

I dare you o_O

lets not forget we have all the video game movies by Uwe Boll. Like Mario it may have character names and similar ideas but they have nothing to do with the actual video game. I understand Mario isnt much to write home about I mean a plumber goes to rescue a princess but they decided to go in the cheesiest direction possible with it. Even Bob Hoskins who plays Mario said it was the worst movie role he ever did in his life.

Super Mario Bros - 2/10
Double Dragon - 2/10
Street Fighter - 4.5/10 (its so bad its fun to watch)
Mortal Kombat - 6/10
Mortal Kombat Annihilation - 3/10
Wing Commander - 3.5/10 (I mean jeeze at least could have got Mark Hamill in the movie)
Lara Croft: Tomb Raider - 5/10
Resident Evil - 5.5/10
Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life - 3/10
House of the Dead - 2.5/10
Resident Evil: Apocalypse - 5/10
Alone in the Dark - 1.5/10
Doom - 4.5/10
BloodRayne - 2.5/10
Silent Hill - 5/10
DOA - 3/10
Resident Evil: Extinction - 3.5/10
Hitman - 6/10 ( I honestly didnt think it was bad)
In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege - 3/10
Far Cry - 2/10
Max Payne - 4.5/10
Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun Li - 2/10
Prince of Persia - 4.5/10
Resident Evil: Afterlife 4/10
Resident Evil: Retribution - 3/10

Last edited by Liger Zero; 09-30-2013 at 09:10 PM.
Liger Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:00 PM   #4
DwAyN3
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 85
DwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by (-Kam-) View Post
I never knew mario had a movie lol

yea came out a long time ago. funny movie it had alot stuff from the games too

Last edited by DwAyN3; 09-30-2013 at 09:02 PM.
DwAyN3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:12 PM   #5
Liger Zero
Outstanding Patriot

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 6331
Liger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwAyN3 View Post
yea came out a long time ago. funny movie it had alot stuff from the games too
If you mean games by tons of other games too than yea. Hell they even had the dang SNES Super Scope that Koopa uses to shoot with....

Edit

Last edited by Liger Zero; 09-30-2013 at 09:15 PM.
Liger Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:28 PM   #6
DwAyN3
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
DwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=od-FughI-C8

fast foward to 19:15

I really gotta make a topic on this guy's channel someday.
Old 10-01-2013, 03:53 PM   #7
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

Forget everything that involves UWE BOLL... seriously, the guy is making it so the movies are weak. he even said it himself... "Why would i do anything for the fans, all they do is pirate it." and makes sure he kills it directly. thats also why blizzard refused to give him the rights to Warcraft. they even posted both letters, this and the reply to make sure the fans knows he wont be making it.

my view is different on the whole thing...
i've seen people wanting the movies to be more gamey, but when they got it, they blasted it anyway. aka Mortal Kombat 2. you're the ones who wanted more gamey moves. thats what you ended up with. so again, sometimes its the fans destroying the material.

Super Mario Bros - 5/10 (It still was great, the idea of plumbers going into another world was awesome to say the least and actually explained a lot of the mario impossibility. Overall i didn't think it was that bad, but it definitely wasn't that great.)

Double Dragon - 3/10 (This movie was a real let down, first and foremost cause jimmy was asian and billy was american. seriously ? they are ****ing brothers for christ sake. They kinda wanted to give the shadow king in the games a reality, but the whole double dragon amulet was a let down. had they kept the original story of the games, would of made an excellant movie.)

Street Fighter - 2/10 (the only thing that was worth watching was certain fights. chracters were bad, totally worthless, and the story was even worse.)

Mortal Kombat - 8/10 (the only movie i give high rating. this was really well made, this one could of gone far. but the fans killed the series with all their remarks. who cares about finishers, all that mattered was the story which was on point from A to Z. and most characters had their trademark moves done along the road.)

Mortal Kombat Annihilation - 3/10 (Fans killed it, purely said. they wanted surrealist moves, and finishers. the author told them it would look stupid, fans didn't care. they got what they deserved. this is a prime exemple of what you get when you listen to your fans too much.)

Wing Commander - ?/10 (Haven't played the game too much so i cannot really rate this one. In my mind its higher cause i thought it was a good movie. does it fare against its game. not sure i haven't known the story of those.)

Lara Croft: Tomb Raider - 7/10 (I liked it a lot, the only problem is all the human variable... She's used in fighting elements and mythical beast. yet she fights more humans then anything else. but they couldn't make her fight animals either, back then animal cruelty was very wide spread.)

Resident Evil - 7/10 (I really liked the first movie, was a great one compared to the rest. only the laser scene sucked badly. also im showing you the real deal that we should of gotten)

Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life - 6/10 (1 less then the original... should of mixed both, enough puzzle in this one, not enough action. too much action in the original, not enough puzzle. a third would of been perfect.)

House of the Dead - 0/10 (UWE BOLL, do not count.)

Resident Evil: Apocalypse - 5/10 (Alice is all i have to say. she shouldn'T have been in there. Jill had it all, but then alice came and saved everyone with things she shouldn'T be having. aka the match who doesn'T work and alice having the cigarette and the termal cover...)

Alone in the Dark - 0/10 (UWE BOLL, do not count.)
Alone in the Dark II - 0/10 (UWE BOLL, do not count.)

Doom - 5/10 (could of been great, they screwed it all over with the way they did it. the greatest scene is also the stupidest one, this one had a lot of potential to bad they ruined it.)

BloodRayne - 0/10 (UWE BOLL, do not count.)

Silent Hill - 7/10 (great movie, i really felt like we were in silent hill, shocked that years later they actually made a second movie. the only draw back was that to understand the movie, you need to know what silent hill is all about. hence my friend who never played the games couldnT' understand it.)

DOA - 5/10 (On point with the games, really well made, characters needed more depth, drop the girl band and make it more team centric, the villain was the worse ever.)

Resident Evil: Extinction - 6/10 (good try in mixing it all, claire wasn'T great. Carlos was awesome, alice again is what made this movie sucks, though they had tryed to supress her powers which made the movie kinda better.)

Hitman - ?/10 (didn't see it, am not a fan of hitman, but i did think from what i knew that the movie was kinda on point with it.)

In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege - 0/10 (UWE BOLL, do not count.)

Far Cry - 0/10 (UWE BOLL, do not count.)

Max Payne - 7/10 (Loved the movie a lot, he was well made, really like maxpayne... but what made it suck that much... 1 single bullet time scene and it sucked badly. should of made it happens more.)

Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun Li - 6/10 (way better then the original movie. this is how you mix martial arts and supernatural abilities like the kikosho. unfortunately the story was kinda a let down. and the characters could of gotten more depth to them. like charlie.)

Prince of Persia - 6/10 (great try, even the sand effect was awesome, just wish he could fill it back, overall in hindsight, it wasn'T as bad as i thought it was.)

Resident Evil: Afterlife 7/10 (solved the problem right at the beginning, so beginning 15 minutes sucked badly. the rest seemed really resident evil to me. it was awesome how it developped.)

Resident Evil: Retribution - 0/10 (haven't seen it, wont be... my freind was a big fan of the movies, he thought it sucked badly. so that tells us a lot about it. they even lost their own fans on this one.)

POSTAL 0/10 (UWE BOLL, do not count. side note, the only movie he sucessfully did right, no story hence he cannot make it worse then the game was really.)

NOW those were real laser scenes !
Resident Evil 4

Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles

Last edited by SSJKarma; 10-01-2013 at 03:59 PM.
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 04:10 PM   #8
(-Kam-)

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1303
(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice
Visit (-Kam-)'s Facebook Visit (-Kam-)'s Twitter Visit (-Kam-)'s YouTube

The pokemon franchise had me on the edge of my seat 10/10

@SFO2k14|SFO FB|SFO Clans|@SFOSTAFF|SFO Goals

(-Kam-) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 11:31 PM   #9
DwAyN3
VIP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJKarma View Post
Forget everything that involves UWE BOLL... seriously, the guy is making it so the movies are weak. he even said it himself... "Why would i do anything for the fans, all they do is pirate it." and makes sure he kills it directly. thats also why blizzard refused to give him the rights to Warcraft. they even posted both letters, this and the reply to make sure the fans knows he wont be making it.

my view is different on the whole thing...
i've seen people wanting the movies to be more gamey, but when they got it, they blasted it anyway. aka Mortal Kombat 2. you're the ones who wanted more gamey moves. thats what you ended up with. so again, sometimes its the fans destroying the material.

Wing Commander - ?/10 (Haven't played the game too much so i cannot really rate this one. In my mind its higher cause i thought it was a good movie. does it fare against its game. not sure i haven't known the story of those.)

Lara Croft: Tomb Raider - 7/10 (I liked it a lot, the only problem is all the human variable... She's used in fighting elements and mythical beast. yet she fights more humans then anything else. but they couldn't make her fight animals either, back then animal cruelty was very wide spread.)

Resident Evil - 7/10 (I really liked the first movie, was a great one compared to the rest. only the laser scene sucked badly. also im showing you the real deal that we should of gotten)

Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life - 6/10 (1 less then the original... should of mixed both, enough puzzle in this one, not enough action. too much action in the original, not enough puzzle. a third would of been perfect.)

House of the Dead - 0/10 (UWE BOLL, do not count.)

BloodRayne - 0/10 (UWE BOLL, do not count.)

Silent Hill - 7/10 (great movie, i really felt like we were in silent hill, shocked that years later they actually made a second movie. the only draw back was that to understand the movie, you need to know what silent hill is all about. hence my friend who never played the games couldnT' understand it.)

DOA - 5/10 (On point with the games, really well made, characters needed more depth, drop the girl band and make it more team centric, the villain was the worse ever.)

Resident Evil: Extinction - 6/10 (good try in mixing it all, claire wasn'T great. Carlos was awesome, alice again is what made this movie sucks, though they had tryed to supress her powers which made the movie kinda better.)

Hitman - ?/10 (didn't see it, am not a fan of hitman, but i did think from what i knew that the movie was kinda on point with it.)

In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege - 0/10 (UWE BOLL, do not count.)

Far Cry - 0/10 (UWE BOLL, do not count.)

Max Payne - 7/10 (Loved the movie a lot, he was well made, really like maxpayne... but what made it suck that much... 1 single bullet time scene and it sucked badly. should of made it happens more.)

Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun Li - 6/10 (way better then the original movie. this is how you mix martial arts and supernatural abilities like the kikosho. unfortunately the story was kinda a let down. and the characters could of gotten more depth to them. like charlie.)

Prince of Persia - 6/10 (great try, even the sand effect was awesome, just wish he could fill it back, overall in hindsight, it wasn'T as bad as i thought it was.)

Resident Evil: Afterlife 7/10 (solved the problem right at the beginning, so beginning 15 minutes sucked badly. the rest seemed really resident evil to me. it was awesome how it developped.)

I don't want to be your friend anymore

Last edited by DwAyN3; 10-02-2013 at 11:36 PM.