Development service. evil^vegeta Links 4 12-05-2007 06:12 PM

Old 03-19-2014, 03:59 AM   #1
SSJKarma
Banned

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice
Default Xbox One Development indie games is ...

UNITY !!!
you know a new format for gaming makes the cut when even the big bad company changes to your system. Unity is now the leading game development system for pretty much all system, making even flash games obsolete. since its debut UNITY and UNITY 3D have undergone a lot of changes, and indie developppers all turned away from flash to get onto the new system which has been deemed much more stable and much more availlable to all. UNITY is a free designing tools with version pro being costy. but microsoft decided that indie game developpers were deserving free development and as such made some deals with unity to offer its developpers free kits.

so there you have it, im a bit disappointed, after everything they have done with XNA which was a very good system, much loved cause it actually allowed me to develop using visual basic which is my favored system due to its simplicity. but i guess i'll finally have to develop on unity. the only good thing is that i may be able to create a few things and maybe tmyapp will use them in SFX. that'd be the dream world. but hey i can dream...

but for me its back to the drawing board. having to learn a new system all over again.
with hope i wish unity actually accepts visual basic development. but i seriously doubt that.

so there i stand...
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 10:18 AM   #2
CiaraSpareNo1

Tournaments Joined:
Tournaments Won:
Post Thanks / Like
Chats:
Default Re: Xbox One Development indie games is ...

There's nothing wrong with starting from scratch, you have the skills and the talent to do it.
Old 03-19-2014, 04:40 PM   #3
LuXv

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 761
LuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really nice
Visit LuXv's Twitter

So will Tmy under cover be developing an SFO remake using Unity Player?

Since SFX uses Unity and he seems to be good at multiple programming languages and such

LuXv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 08:39 PM   #4
(-Kam-)

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1303
(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice
Visit (-Kam-)'s Facebook Visit (-Kam-)'s Twitter Visit (-Kam-)'s YouTube

If this is the path you'll take Karma, I'll walk it with you. Together we will strive!

@SFO2k14|SFO FB|SFO Clans|@SFOSTAFF|SFO Goals

(-Kam-) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 01:04 AM   #5
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

dont take me wrong.... unity has been existing for 5 years. so its pretty well developped already.... but to think that instead of going for abetter product. the big companies decided to go for unity... unity is becoming the new flash.

after installing unity free...
i can vouch for that one and understand why... its an all in one program it is self suficient. you have every tools included to do what ever you want. it works on layers. so basically the whole screen manager is already done for you. the whole physics are already in there for you. the whole colision boxes are already programmed.

basically, all the hard work you'd put on with is already done for you. all you need to do is be creative and adjust everything in.

im really surprised at how easy it is and how powerfull it is compared to flash.
not to mention this thing is pretty much portable to everything else. you design for one machine and it instantly works on all others. of course controls have to be switched for whatever device you toy on.

switching my fighter game on it. up to this point it seems quite easy to program on and the scripting is quite easy to learn unlike lingo.
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote