Old 03-18-2017, 08:26 PM   #1
veteranlegends

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 26
veteranlegends is an unknown quantity at this point
Default best fighting games for PC?

Fighting games are a dime a dozen, SFO, even though its 2D still is pretty thrilling and way more of a community with the chat room and forum, then just buying a game on Steam and fighting random people.
Getting development done for free can be tough. We may consider crowd funding.

I had a look at current fighting multiplayer ranks games out on PC.
As some may know MvC Ultimate released on Steam for PC about a week ago.
Basically, there are releases that have like 80 characters, Marvel vs Capcom ..avengers etc for Mugen/FightCade, that anyone can take some code and shove in new characters fairly quickly

Tried to make a table listing games, just for discussion or comparable features, etc. made it in Ms word so oh well
Date Game Ranked? Type Cost Pros cons

Code:
?	SFO	Yes	2D	Free	Can face specific people without adding them as a “friend”
Despite being 2D, it had a strong user base
Chat room
Custom build, can be patched quick with enough developers
Rare features like sentinel cloaking cloning/VIP
	Less characters
2d
Code:
1 June, 2017
	Tekken 7 	Yes	3D	Steam - $69.99
Code:
Mar 6,2017	Ultimate MvC Ultimate	Yes	2D?	Steam -  $32.99
Code:
	Killer Instinct	Yes	3D	$20-$50(edition) solds on windows store
Code:
Street fighter V 	Street Fighter V	Yes	3D	$51.99
Code:
	Mortal Kombat XL	No?		$49.99		Multiplayer you just fight random people and no community/chat?
Code:
		Dead or Alive 5
Code:
		Guilty Gear
Code:
		Virtua Fighter

Last edited by veteranlegends; 03-18-2017 at 08:29 PM.
veteranlegends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 09:41 PM   #2
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice
Default Re: best fighting games for PC?

Blah, i just wish they'd redo One Must Fall 2097 again. the real deal this time not a completely trash 3D arcade ****.

that game is still the best fighting game to have been made.
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 02:14 PM   #3
Orlando0

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 45
Orlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the rough
Visit Orlando0's YouTube

You rang?

I think the first thing that should be mentioned is the fact that you're listing games made by big companies with big budgets and large teams working on them(where's King of fighters, Blazblue, Battle Fantasia, Under night in birth, Melty Blood and Skull girls?). Compared to SFO, there's no contest.
There's also the fact that even doujin developers have made quality PC fighters despite being smaller teams that can comoete with sone of the big titles.
While illegal, Fightcade is worth mentioning as it does provide some sort of competition to other fighters nonetheless.

And One must fall, seriously? Fighting games have evolved a lot over the years.

Send me a PM if you decide to add me on PSN, so I don't mistake you for a random Friend seeker.
Want to know what is the music played in SFO?
Orlando0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 02:41 PM   #4
system4

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 94
system4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the rough

Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 on Steam is $24.99 not $32.99

If you have it, send me a PM so I can fight you.
system4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 02:48 PM   #5
Shadow_Raichu

Tournaments Joined: 3
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 180
Shadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the rough
Visit Shadow_Raichu's Facebook Visit Shadow_Raichu's Twitter Visit Shadow_Raichu's YouTube

outta the list there, I played Virtua Fighter 2 for PC back in the day, and it was awesome. Even thought the fighting combos were hard, still enjoyed it.

My SFO History Information:

IGNs/Characters: 1) Shadow_Raichu (Sentinel, Spider-man) 2) avatar-killers (Cyclops, Wolverine), 3) runney (Chun-li, Ryu)
Mode: XvssF or Unvind or Zero-E
How Long Been Playing SFO: since 2001-present
Clan: Elite Aces
Current Status: Elite VIP/Community Member
Position: SFO Staff Moderator of 2017
Shadow_Raichu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 12:58 PM   #6
veteranlegends

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 26
veteranlegends is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks all for the feedback.
It would be insane the possibilities if there was a basic shell of code released for one of the better fighting games like killer instinct or mvc3,
people could customize and roll out characters , make mods ...think a super epic game, but open sourced... of course even that couldn't compete with the real big dogs...
Marvel vs Capcom just released v3 March 2017 ( a 3 on 3 tag) and now there are supposedly releasing v4 ( 2 on 2 ) lets say by early 2018 as a guess.
Though...3 on 3 tag with helpers on is pretty much the only thing they can do...

I guess that is sort of what Mugen tries to do ... with multiplayer tough to find matches as far as I know. I do see some features in these later games not in earlier ones (i think) ..like a bomb that attaches to you or a bomb trap where when you pass it does damage,etc.

All these over games, marvel vs capcom,killer instinct have a multiplayer in place with ranks, not so much a chat.
veteranlegends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 08:05 PM   #7
Orlando0

Post Thanks / Like
Orlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the rough
Visit Orlando0's YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by veteranlegends View Post
Thanks all for the feedback.
It would be insane the possibilities if there was a basic shell of code released for one of the better fighting games like killer instinct or mvc3,
people could customize and roll out characters , make mods ...think a super epic game, but open sourced... of course even that couldn't compete with the real big dogs...
So Mugen. Also, there ARE mods for SFV and UMvC3
Quote:
Marvel vs Capcom just released v3 March 2017 ( a 3 on 3 tag) and now there are supposedly releasing v4 ( 2 on 2 ) lets say by early 2018 as a guess.
Infinite was confirmed.to be late 2017
Quote:
Though...3 on 3 tag with helpers on is pretty much the only thing they can do...
No, they can do more
Quote:
I guess that is sort of what Mugen tries to do ... with multiplayer tough to find matches as far as I know.
Mugen doesn't have online Multiplayer. But there is a variant called Ikemen that does.

Quote:
All these over games, marvel vs capcom,killer instinct have a multiplayer in place with ranks, not so much a chat.
Voice chat

Send me a PM if you decide to add me on PSN, so I don't mistake you for a random Friend seeker.
Old 03-22-2017, 06:37 PM   #8
((HF)Kindaru
VIP

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 969
((HF)Kindaru has a spectacular aura about((HF)Kindaru has a spectacular aura about((HF)Kindaru has a spectacular aura about((HF)Kindaru has a spectacular aura about((HF)Kindaru has a spectacular aura about((HF)Kindaru has a spectacular aura about((HF)Kindaru has a spectacular aura about((HF)Kindaru has a spectacular aura about((HF)Kindaru has a spectacular aura about((HF)Kindaru has a spectacular aura about((HF)Kindaru has a spectacular aura about
Visit ((HF)Kindaru's YouTube

Out of everything, I mostly recommend blazblue, DOA5, and KOF (as mentioned by orlando). I dont really play anything other than those games even though it isnt on pc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crying-FrEEman View Post
Man! I laugh so hard when i read this i probably popped a hernia, now i might lose
"The beginning is the end, and the end is the beginning. Well then, let us begin again. to each, tell their own tale."- Mahiro Fuwa
<-- Definition of new everything
((HF)Kindaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 11:40 PM   #9
Orlando0

Post Thanks / Like
Visit Orlando0's YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by ((HF)Kindaru View Post
blazblue,
As much as I enjoyed Blazblue, the later entries had some system changes and balancing that I consider a bit questionable. Additionally, the latest entry in this series (Central Fiction) isn't available on PC.
Quote:
DOA5,
lol no. There are a few things that hold it back from being a good game such as the hold system(No pun intended)
Quote:
and KOF
Whose latest entry is PS4 exclusive.

I want to recommend Guilty Gear which does have the latest entry on PC, but it's going to have an update in late May which PC won't get until much later, if at all.

When it comes to fighting games, PC gets the short end of the stick.