SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > Street Fighter Online > General Comments & Strategies

Old 04-08-2009, 12:56 PM   #1
TitaniumFist

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 774
TitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really nice
Default Re: SFO Sidekick Gadget

If you saw those mysterious “Beta-Testing” threads here at PX, UG, and BG-R and wondered what in the world it was all about, this thread has the answer. But before we get to the cool stuff, an introduction to how this all came about. (Don’t worry. Though I’m long-winded, I’ll keep it short.)

I wondered if we could have a way to check our ingame ranks/scores faster, without all the hassle of loading up the webpage the old-fashioned way.

Having known my good friend and programmer,sViz, for several years and having collaborated on a few things in the past – she was my first choice for a partner on this project. sViz was more than willing to help, so out went my little idea of “a score-checker” and in came the idea for what we hoped would become the SFO gadget.

The whole process unfolded from February 2, 2009 to April 8TH. The journey and the collaboration was a lot of fun. The “final” product , which we’ll get to in a minute , could not have been possible without all of sViz’s hard work in coding as well as GFX, dedication, and putting up with me.

Thanks to TMyApp for the great idea of the “Track” feature, among other little things. (_DarkSoldier_), thanks for the “Shin-Akuma” skin. And last, all our beta-testers; thank you.

Did my speech run a little long? What? You already skipped it? Come on, really, scroll back up and read it. If you had the patience to read, good on you. Now you know the people who made the gadget what it is.

If this is your first time downloading, and running the SFO Sidekick, just follow the link below, read the instructions and enjoy. If you were one of our beta-testers, delete any and all versions of the Sidekick that are on your PC BEFORE downloading from the link above.

Preview:

If you have questions or comments, you can become a wincustomize member and comment on sViz’s page. Yes, bug HER, not ME. I kid. Friendly comments welcome on her page, but if I find out you’re annoying her, I’ll find out where you live…

Questions, comments and issues may be sent to me directly at this address, TitaniumFist@streetfighteronline.com and they may be reported in this official thread. (I’ll try to check it as often as possible.) Whatever you do DO NOT email TMyApp, or bug about any issue/problem related with the SFO Sidekick.

Click Here to Vote for the Storm Dream Goal.

Last edited by TitaniumFist; 03-15-2012 at 04:45 PM.
TitaniumFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 01:01 PM   #2
Patrick Bateman
VIP

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 115
Patrick Bateman will become famous soon enoughPatrick Bateman will become famous soon enoughPatrick Bateman will become famous soon enoughPatrick Bateman will become famous soon enoughPatrick Bateman will become famous soon enoughPatrick Bateman will become famous soon enoughPatrick Bateman will become famous soon enoughPatrick Bateman will become famous soon enoughPatrick Bateman will become famous soon enoughPatrick Bateman will become famous soon enoughPatrick Bateman will become famous soon enough

You finally released it Fist.
I'm about to download this version. I bet everyone is going to love it, especially those lazy people and rank hunters.
It's like a controller. ;]]
Patrick Bateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 01:11 PM   #3
D.Bahki

Tournaments Joined: 4
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 518
D.Bahki is a jewel in the roughD.Bahki is a jewel in the roughD.Bahki is a jewel in the roughD.Bahki is a jewel in the roughD.Bahki is a jewel in the roughD.Bahki is a jewel in the roughD.Bahki is a jewel in the roughD.Bahki is a jewel in the roughD.Bahki is a jewel in the roughD.Bahki is a jewel in the roughD.Bahki is a jewel in the rough

Final version o.o

I already have the final copy. o.0

Could've used a wolverine skin thou D:

Guess I should register there and give her my thanks and appreciation. Or maybe you should bug her to come here Titanium. ._.

.: | [ SFO - 2014 ] |[SFO Underground] | SFO Clan Arena | Blank |:.

.: | Blank | Blank | Blank | Blank |:.
D.Bahki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 01:26 PM   #4
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like
TitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really nice

You don't have to do anything, she doesn't mind either way. No, there are a few changes you wouldn't even notice from this final one and the one you've got, Bahki. Like a color glitch in the black no one but me seemed to notice. =[

Dump the old one.

Wolvie skin? Eh? What would the winner of Wolverine: Adamantium Crown want more than his/her very own SFO Sidekick skin.

Old 04-08-2009, 01:47 PM   #5
BenArfa

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
BenArfa is an unknown quantity at this point

This thing is cool but it's still a simple gadget.

Good works, i think with the time you will be able to add more features.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:14 PM   #6
Vegeta
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 24
Vegeta is a jewel in the roughVegeta is a jewel in the roughVegeta is a jewel in the roughVegeta is a jewel in the roughVegeta is a jewel in the roughVegeta is a jewel in the roughVegeta is a jewel in the roughVegeta is a jewel in the roughVegeta is a jewel in the roughVegeta is a jewel in the roughVegeta is a jewel in the rough

Before i download it, i want to know exactly what it is. Is it used solely for tracking one's rankings?

Vegeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 02:44 PM   #7
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like

Rank tracking and real time updates is the core of the gadget, yes. Vegeta, like everything in SFO, you're not forced to download or use anything you do not wish to. For a fuller description of what the gadget does (no I don’t have time to spell it out here), click the DOWNLOAD link. (Clicking the link will not automatically install nefarious devices on your PC. =)

You’ll be sent to the Official download page that contains a description of what the gadget does. Trust me when I say there’s nothing harmful or invasive contained in the Sidekick, and if the gadget doesn’t suit your tastes or needs, you can simply head over to your Control Panel, find “SFO Sidekick” and click uninstall/remove.

Old 04-08-2009, 02:45 PM   #8
Murder-Ink

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 73
Murder-Ink will become famous soon enoughMurder-Ink will become famous soon enoughMurder-Ink will become famous soon enoughMurder-Ink will become famous soon enoughMurder-Ink will become famous soon enoughMurder-Ink will become famous soon enoughMurder-Ink will become famous soon enoughMurder-Ink will become famous soon enoughMurder-Ink will become famous soon enoughMurder-Ink will become famous soon enoughMurder-Ink will become famous soon enough

umm? nice program, only problem with it is that when im fighting and it say i drop 1 place, it change window, and then i end up getting my *** kicked
Murder-Ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 02:59 PM   #9
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like

I see. murder-(ink)2, were you playing SFO on fullscreen? Did you try minimizing the gadget to your system tray?

Old 04-08-2009, 03:06 PM   #10
Murder-Ink

Post Thanks / Like
Murder-Ink will become famous soon enoughMurder-Ink will become famous soon enoughMurder-Ink will become famous soon enoughMurder-Ink will become famous soon enoughMurder-Ink will become famous soon enoughMurder-Ink will become famous soon enoughMurder-Ink will become famous soon enoughMurder-Ink will become famous soon enoughMurder-Ink will become famous soon enoughMurder-Ink will become famous soon enoughMurder-Ink will become famous soon enough

i play sfo on small screen, sfo sidekick was open at the moment aswell, but in the background
Old 04-08-2009, 03:08 PM   #11
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like

When testing, I used it the same way but the Sidekick never took focus from SFO gamewindow. We'll look into the issue, but for now, try minimizing the Sidekick to your system tray.

Old 04-08-2009, 03:19 PM   #12
Murder-Ink

Post Thanks / Like

surething
Old 04-08-2009, 03:42 PM   #13
Blade

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 8
Blade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the rough

Great job TF & Co., just in the process of downloading it. ;]
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 04:10 PM   #14
haspinwal
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
haspinwal is an unknown quantity at this point

Great program, everyone start using it today. It will free a lot of your time.
haspinwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 04:19 PM   #15
Vegeta
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Vegeta is a jewel in the roughVegeta is a jewel in the roughVegeta is a jewel in the roughVegeta is a jewel in the roughVegeta is a jewel in the roughVegeta is a jewel in the roughVegeta is a jewel in the roughVegeta is a jewel in the roughVegeta is a jewel in the roughVegeta is a jewel in the roughVegeta is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (TitaniumFist @ April 08 2009,09:44)]Rank tracking and real time updates is the core of the gadget, yes. Vegeta, like everything in SFO, you're not forced to download or use anything you do not wish to. For a fuller description of what the gadget does (no I don’t have time to spell it out here), click the DOWNLOAD link. (Clicking the link will not automatically install nefarious devices on your PC. *=)

You’ll be sent to the Official download page that contains a description of what the gadget does. Trust me when I say there’s nothing harmful or invasive contained in the Sidekick, and if the gadget doesn’t suit your tastes or needs, you can simply head over to your Control Panel, find “SFO Sidekick” and click uninstall/remove.
ok thanks for the advice, and hey if a mod says there's no maliware then there is no maliware i'll download it

ther's a problem... my rank suddenly dropped 208 places and so i wanted to know what my peak was before that happened, it sayed zero..... before i believe it said 192 but now it says peak: 0

Old 04-08-2009, 08:54 PM   #16
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like

It's best to keep an eye on your stats before and after changes, so we can find out exactly what went wrong. There may be no way for us to replicate the error you got. Vegeta, try clicking the "Stop" icon to the right of the "Track" button, and simply start tracking your account anew.

Check the Track stats against the Search stats, to make sure Track is starting out in the right place.

Old 04-08-2009, 09:20 PM   #17
EvilAkuma

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 20
EvilAkuma has a spectacular aura aboutEvilAkuma has a spectacular aura aboutEvilAkuma has a spectacular aura aboutEvilAkuma has a spectacular aura aboutEvilAkuma has a spectacular aura aboutEvilAkuma has a spectacular aura aboutEvilAkuma has a spectacular aura aboutEvilAkuma has a spectacular aura aboutEvilAkuma has a spectacular aura aboutEvilAkuma has a spectacular aura aboutEvilAkuma has a spectacular aura about
Visit EvilAkuma's YouTube

I'm still working on the Mac part. ^_^

I just need to set it up for online purpose.

Nice Gadget
EvilAkuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 12:32 PM   #18
Vegeta
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (TitaniumFist @ April 08 2009,15:54)]It's best to keep an eye on your stats before and after changes, so we can find out exactly what went wrong. There may be no way for us to replicate the error you got. Vegeta, try clicking the "Stop" icon to the right of the "Track" button, and simply start tracking your account anew.

Check the Track stats against the Search stats, to make sure Track is starting out in the right place.
alright, i doubt the same error will occur though but just in case i'll try what you sayed if it happens againg, thanks for the advice.

Old 04-09-2009, 04:48 PM   #19
Killer
SFO Admin

Tournaments Joined: 10
Tournaments Won: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 836
Killer is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARY

runs pretty damn smooth.

real good job.

She's Coming...
And yeah.. I edited an entire GIF

Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 05:10 PM   #20
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like

Honerable Mention in "TWiS" - picked as one of 6 skins for the weekly wincustomize article

Old 04-10-2009, 06:46 PM   #21
(-Impulse-)
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 16
(-Impulse-) will become famous soon enough(-Impulse-) will become famous soon enough(-Impulse-) will become famous soon enough(-Impulse-) will become famous soon enough(-Impulse-) will become famous soon enough(-Impulse-) will become famous soon enough(-Impulse-) will become famous soon enough(-Impulse-) will become famous soon enough(-Impulse-) will become famous soon enough(-Impulse-) will become famous soon enough(-Impulse-) will become famous soon enough

Ah already reconized. Good job.
Old 04-11-2009, 04:44 AM   #22
PaddyWallace
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 3
PaddyWallace is an unknown quantity at this point
Visit PaddyWallace's YouTube

Well Done to you Tit and your generous friend! Read the whole thing

Thanks to everyone who took part. Another step in the ongoing evolution of SFO. These newbieerts don't know they were born...!

P.S. If anyone doesn't know, you will have to download some extraction software to extract this. ExtractNow is my favourite...!

[#2 SSOTS Winner 2008]
[#5 Best Spidey user of 2008]
[#2 Best SFO Camera Club Member of 2008]
PaddyWallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 07:45 AM   #23
ChazyFresh
Outstanding Member

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 61
ChazyFresh is an unknown quantity at this pointChazyFresh is an unknown quantity at this pointChazyFresh is an unknown quantity at this pointChazyFresh is an unknown quantity at this pointChazyFresh is an unknown quantity at this pointChazyFresh is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice. The latest version is alot nicer than the beta. Good job with the gadget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan View Post
Only till you die? I'll be buried with my terrible towel.
ChazyFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 08:33 AM   #24
Josh26

Tournaments Joined: 3
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 30
Josh26 is a jewel in the roughJosh26 is a jewel in the roughJosh26 is a jewel in the roughJosh26 is a jewel in the roughJosh26 is a jewel in the roughJosh26 is a jewel in the roughJosh26 is a jewel in the roughJosh26 is a jewel in the roughJosh26 is a jewel in the roughJosh26 is a jewel in the roughJosh26 is a jewel in the rough

Nice addition to sfo. Thanks guys for all the hard work. I really like the skins and design of the whole thing. Real fresh.

In God's hands.
Josh26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 10:45 AM   #25
(DH)Legionare
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
(DH)Legionare is an unknown quantity at this point

works great will really help new members to sfo